Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

April 19th, 2017 at 9:02:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Interesting article about Hillary's concession speech.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/04/heres-how-hillary-clintons-concession-speech-came-together.html

Righties will be devastated by this part:

Quote:
“It’s not my job anymore to do this,” she said, her voice growing more forceful as Chelsea nodded in agreement. “Other people will criticize him. That’s their job. I have done it. I just lost, and that is that,” she continued. “That was my last race.” With clear marching orders, she instructed her speechwriting team to go back to the drawing board and strike a balance shorter on stating values and longer on graciousness.

My guess: they'll still try to bring her up at every opportunity when Donald does something that embarrasses them.

I will keep saying it, I will believe she is out when she is out. The woman is a pathological, self-centered liar who is not above jumping back in if she thinks she can come out ahead.

Trump has done nothing embarrassing yet so not sure what you are getting at there.
The President is a fink.
April 19th, 2017 at 10:05:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

Trump has done nothing embarrassing yet so not sure what you are getting at there.

LOLOLOLOLOL
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 19th, 2017 at 10:22:25 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

OK, AZ. Do you really mean that? Remember, in general I am for his agenda. And the country is likely better off with him as Prez than any liberal Democrat. But you don't think him engaging in a twitter spat with a former beauty queen is not embarrassing? You don't think his 'crotch grab' comment wasn't embarrassing? You are not embarrassed that he couldn't just admit his inauguration was attended by fewer people than attended BHO's? You are not embarrassed that he has not released his tax returns after saying he would? ams can add to the list.
April 19th, 2017 at 10:43:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
OK, AZ. Do you really mean that? Remember, in general I am for his agenda. And the country is likely better off with him as Prez than any liberal Democrat. But you don't think him engaging in a twitter spat with a former beauty queen is not embarrassing? You don't think his 'crotch grab' comment wasn't embarrassing? You are not embarrassed that he couldn't just admit his inauguration was attended by fewer people than attended BHO's? You are not embarrassed that he has not released his tax returns after saying he would? ams can add to the list.

Embarrassed by not releasing tax returns? Nope. He has explained that one. I really do not care about them, and the stolen return Maddow put on the air just showed he paid his taxes.

Embarrassed by some locker room style comments from 10 years ago? Nope. If it does not matter that a POTUS brags in his autobio about shoving cocaine up his nose that is nothing.

I do not really care about Twitter. Nobody I personally know follows it. I think one person I met subscribed to the Pope's feed, all in my life I have really ever met. Nor do I care about comments on crowd size. See, what Trump understands is if he sits there and lets attacks happen he loses the country, like Bush43 and for that matter Bush41 did. By responding on crowd size the lamestreams got called out for comparing photos from noon for Obama to 10:00 AM for Trump.

While I would not mind if he backed off the Twitter thing, it seems to mostly work for him. Turns out he was wiretapped for one. Despite complaints on his Twitter activity, it has worked for him the whole way. The guy understands how to get a message out.

He keeps beating the lamestreams and liberals at their own game by not playing by the "rules" a GOP member is expected to play by. So not embarrassed, actually loving watching them have a collective cow over and over.
The President is a fink.
April 19th, 2017 at 10:48:35 AM permalink
ams288
By responding on crowd size the lamestreams got called out for comparing photos from noon for Obama to 10:00 AM for Trump.

LOL - you truly live in a fact free bubble.

Turns out he was wiretapped for one

Nope. Wrong.
April 19th, 2017 at 11:26:27 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
By far the most embarrassing thing Golden Boy has done is to announce "I'm not fit for this job." Not once, thus far, but twice.

When? When he said "no one knew healthcare was complicated," and again when he said "no one knew things between North Korea and China are complicated."

Maybe next he can stand next to the US tax code, which is really, really big, and say "no one knew taxes were complicated," when he announces that tax reform has fallen through the same black hole healthcare reform did.

Admitting ignorance is one thing. It's not shameful, in the main. But it's odd a man who labored to win an election didn't find out beforehand much about policy. Trying to justify his ignorance by implying it was a general condition (no one knew) is cowardly and very much impolite.

I wonder how his supporters look in the mirror every day.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 19th, 2017 at 11:39:35 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So not embarrassed, actually loving watching them have a collective cow over and over.

That's rather the point now. I turned on
CNN at 1:15am last night after AP
declared the Dem the loser for congress.
There was a panel and one guy I've never
seen was literally whining about how unfair
is was, Trump has not done one thing he
promised in his campaign. Of course it
was a stupid beyond belief statement,
but the guy was really upset, like it was
Nov 8 all over again. Yesterday was going
to validate the Dems, Trump was done.
Their hopes were so high, so much money
spent, so many trash Trump ads, all a waste
of time.

Made my night.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 19th, 2017 at 11:43:58 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
Yesterday was going

Only right wingers said that in a feeble attempt to move the goalposts.

I suspect Dems will have to wait till Nov 2018 to feel validated.

Or whenever the FBI presses charges...

Or whenever the pee tape leaks...

Or when the Republicans fail to repeal Obamacare

Or...
April 19th, 2017 at 12:09:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
Only right wingers said that in a feeble attempt to move the goalposts.

Wow wow wow, you must have been in
a cave for the last month. CNN and the
other one have been frothing about this
election for weeks. Hollywood has been
pulling out the stops to get a Dem elected.
Did you miss this ad? They played on CNN
and MS a lot. This election was a very big
deal.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 19th, 2017 at 12:31:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
That's rather the point now. I turned on
CNN at 1:15am last night after AP
declared the Dem the loser for congress.
There was a panel and one guy I've never
seen was literally whining about how unfair
is was, Trump has not done one thing he
promised in his campaign. Of course it
was a stupid beyond belief statement,
but the guy was really upset, like it was
Nov 8 all over again. Yesterday was going
There's hopes were so high, so much money
spent, so many trash Trump ads, all a waste
of time.

Made my night.

Well, you have to understand that liberals thought Trump would have resigned by now. Or been impeached, though they can never give a valid charge on that one. Meanwhile Trump keeps working efficiently at his job. As do the people under him.
The President is a fink.