Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

September 13th, 2016 at 12:47:51 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
I'm looking forward to the next four years - Evenbob's conspiracy theories about Hillary are just going to get more and more out there.

The next conspiracy theorist who admits they were wrong about a conspiracy theory will be the first.

If Trump wins, do you suppose he'll task the FBI, Secret Service and Homeland Security to find Obama's "real" birth certificate?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 13th, 2016 at 1:01:53 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Nareed
If Trump wins, do you suppose he'll task the FBI, Secret Service and Homeland Security to find Obama's "real" birth certificate?

Rudy Giuliani (and a couple other Trump surrogates) claim Trump now believes Obama was born in Hawaii.

Trump has never said that. Whenever Trump gets asked about his birtherism on the campaign trail, his response is always the same: "I don't talk about that anymore."

Can you imagine if someone asked Hillary about her emails and her response was, "I don't talk about that anymore." ????

It's a campaign of double standards.

But I expect Hillary to bring up the topic of Trump's birtherism during the debate. She has to.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 13th, 2016 at 2:18:55 PM permalink
Nareed
Rudy Giuliani (and a couple other Trump surrogates) claim Trump now believes Obama was born in Hawaii.

Quite frankly, what Giuliani thinks Trump believes is too far removed from relevance as to render it irrelevant ;)

Quote:
Trump has never said that. Whenever Trump gets asked about his birtherism on the campaign trail, his response is always the same: "I don't talk about that anymore."

Conspiracy theorists never admit they're wrong. But opportunists try to shove their embrace of outrageous conspiracies under the rug when they're proved wrong. I think Trump fits in with the latter. He lacks the integrity to actually care about his beliefs, but he must be awfully embarrassed to have been taken in by such low-grade nonsense.
September 13th, 2016 at 5:18:33 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Overtly insulting ...to racists.

Appearing at an LGBT gala fundraiser where Barbra Streisand performed, Hillary Clinton said many of the GOP candidate's voters were "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it." . Had she said that some of his backers were "desperate for change" but others belonged in a "basket of deplorables" then it probably would have just been campaign talk.

But she said half of his backers were "desperate for change" but the other half belonged in a "basket of deplorables." Once you say "half" then it is overtly insulting.

People are on a scale. I wouldn't call Juan Williams an Islamaphobe.
Quote: Juan Williams
Look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.
September 13th, 2016 at 5:38:30 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Pacomartin
But she said half of his backers were "desperate for change" but the other half belonged in a "basket of deplorables." Once you say "half" then it is overtly insulting.

And apologized for saying "half."

She didn't apologize for pointing out that racists love Trump.
September 13th, 2016 at 6:16:48 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

If I am going to insult a group of people
I can think of a ton of nasty adjectives right off the top of my head
Would I use deplorable, no way jose. Just way too weak if you are in an insulting mood
If somebody was trying to insult me and use the word deplorable. I would laugh and say something like "that's the best you got? " and chuckle
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 13th, 2016 at 6:34:03 PM permalink
ams288
And let's not forget this deplorable "gaffe" was in the teleprompter. I suspect they knew what they were getting into....
September 14th, 2016 at 6:35:31 AM permalink
Nareed

Any "apology" should be along the lines of "Donald, I'm sorry half your supporters are a basket of deplorables."

And the rest are merely useful idiots...
September 14th, 2016 at 12:46:09 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

That's my whole point. Politicians should be wary of using fractions or percentages when making blanket statements about the electorate. That way you have some wiggle room with the all important undecideds. Very few racists think of themselves as racist.

I think the radical "white racists" probably don't vote. But if they do vote they have probably been with the Republicans for the last 50 years. It's been about that long since the African American vote has been overwhelmingly Democrat. A hundred years ago the African American vote was almost entirely with the Republicans.

Strom Thurmond switched parties from Democrat to Republican because of his opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, disaffection with the liberalism of the national party, and his support for the conservatism of the Republican presidential candidate Senator Barry Goldwater
September 14th, 2016 at 1:05:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
That's my whole point. Politicians should be wary of using fractions or percentages when making blanket statements about the electorate. That way you have some wiggle room with the all important undecideds. Very few racists think of themselves as racist.

No politician should ever, for any reason,
alienate anybody who can vote, on either
side. This is what Trump did when he
commented on the illegal Mexicans in
2015. The press was appalled. Why Hillary
did it is a mystery, every place I look I
see the word deplorable applied in a different
way. People are using it as a badge of honor,
it's gone viral and I don't mean on Youtube.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.