Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

October 18th, 2016 at 7:49:54 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Hillary is for unsecured borders which presumably includes the coast. Trump is for secure borders presumably including the coasts. Take your pick on Nov. 8th.
October 18th, 2016 at 7:57:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: pew
Hillary is for unsecured borders which presumably includes the coast. Trump is for secure borders presumably including the coasts. Take your pick on Nov. 8th.

I've already made my pick. I honestly couldn't care less about the borders.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 18th, 2016 at 8:02:37 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288

I wonder why 1) a deep misunderstanding of "open borders" persists so deeply and 2) the notion that Clinton can, or would, reform immigration to the point of having open borders.

1) Open borders means there are no numerical limits to immigration, or at least these limits are vastly increased, not that there are no restrictions on who gets in or with what. Customs checks would not be abolished, nor exclusion of people with criminal records, ties to terrorists groups, etc. A good model to study is how the US operated under open borders up until about the Great Depression.

2) The main problem of all governments is that they are reluctant to repeal laws wholesale. it happens, but not often, The older, more complex and bigger a law, or body of law is, the safer it is from repeal. Immigration laws, and policies, meet these criteria and then some. There's no way to just repeal it. At best you can try to change it. And then you have Congress to deal with. The president cannot legislate, and in the US apparently they can't even submit a law to Congress. They can only direct or ask Congress to make laws a certain way (like Obamacare, which was written entirely by Congress).

A president can sign treaties which make the country assume certain legal obligations. But all treaties signed by the president must be approved by the Senate. I know of no pending treaty, or one in negotiation, making open borders a legal obligation. And keep in mind trade treaties, a related subject, require years of negotiation commonly spanning several presidential terms. NAFTA spanned the administrations of Reagan, Bush the Elder and Bill Clinton.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 18th, 2016 at 1:32:42 PM permalink
pew
Quote: ams288
I've already made my pick. I honestly couldn't care less about the borders.
Your choice is clear. Remember, vote early and vote often.
October 18th, 2016 at 1:35:22 PM permalink
pew
Crickets. Asking about HRC's policies is just like asking about her many accomplishments. Silence. It's hillary-ous.
October 18th, 2016 at 3:27:38 PM permalink
pew
Speaking of open borders, HRC wants free access across our borders for anyone in north or south America. The same as freely crossing state borders now. No restrictions whatsoever.
October 18th, 2016 at 4:01:08 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Speaking of open borders, HRC wants free access across our borders for anyone in north or south America. The same as freely crossing state borders now. No restrictions whatsoever.

You forgot to add
She will make ALL guns illegal
Obama will be nominated to the Supreme Court
Sharia law will become the law of the land
Bill will get a personal harem
All religions will have to pay property taxes on their churches
The gay flag will replace the stars and stripes
Wow, cant wait for President Hillary Clinton :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 18th, 2016 at 5:31:19 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Hillary is thinking about 2020
The plan
Bring in millions of Hispanics and Muslims.
Not just open borders, invitations :-)
All becoming American citizens immediately and advised to register democrat.
The huge Hispanic and Muslim majority in the USA will guarantee a President Hillary Clinton re-election
Cmon, its the smart move, pack the voter rolls with millions Hispanic and Muslim immigrants that will overwhelming vote DEM
She is playing to win all the marbles in the future so this country never ever elects a republican for President.
Playing hardball baby, deal with it. :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 18th, 2016 at 7:32:13 PM permalink
pew
Quote: terapined
Hillary is thinking about 2020
The plan
Bring in millions of Hispanics and Muslims.
Not just open borders, invitations :-)
All becoming American citizens immediately and advised to register democrat.
The huge Hispanic and Muslim majority in the USA will guarantee a President Hillary Clinton re-election
Cmon, its the smart move, pack the voter rolls with millions Hispanic and Muslim immigrants that will overwhelming vote DEM
She is playing to win all the marbles in the future so this country never ever elects a republican for President.
Playing hardball baby, deal with it. :-)
Do you think she'll last till 2020?
October 18th, 2016 at 7:40:34 PM permalink
pew
Quote: terapined
You forgot to add
She will make ALL guns illegal; Except for her bodyguards.
Obama will be nominated to the Supreme Court: The world supreme court.
Sharia law will become the law of the land: Don't follow that one.
Bill will get a personal harem: He's got that already.
All religions will have to pay property taxes on their churches: Good idea.
The gay flag will replace the stars and stripes Trump is the pro lgbtxyz candidate not HRC.
Wow, cant wait for President Hillary Clinton :-)