Thread Rating:

November 9th, 2016 at 7:43:44 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
My breakfast this morning:

November 9th, 2016 at 7:46:11 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
I'm guessing Hillary Clinton will never seek the White House again, and the political careers of Bill & Hillary Clinton are finally, officially over.

Does everyone in this thread agree?
November 9th, 2016 at 7:55:05 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
I'm guessing Hillary Clinton will never seek the White House again, and the political careers of Bill & Hillary Clinton are finally, officially over.

She could tray for a Senate seat again. Though without prospects of a presidential run, it would seem rather pointless.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 9th, 2016 at 9:48:47 AM permalink
Nareed
BTW, what happened is this:

Odds for the same party retaining the presidency for more than two terms are slim in modern times. Therefore few Democrats bothered to run what should be a losing campaign. Therefore Clinton won rather easily because the Democratic base likes her (Bernie didn't really come close, and O'Malley was doing a trial balloon for the next cycle).

Against a generic Republican Candidate, say Rubio, Cruz or Kasich, she'd have had no chance at all, barring unexpected and improbable developments. Alas, the GOP base went with Trump, who was the one person running that Clinton could beat.

Conversely, a generic Democratic candidate, like O'Malley or Tim Kaine, could have crushed Trump. Clinton couldn't because she has a lot of negative baggage attached. It's like the fable of the ass and the two bales of hay, except both bales are poisoned and the ass knows it. Look at how the polls progressed, and you never see an overwhelming Clinton momentum like, say, what Reagan did to Mondale. That's the kind of margin you'd expect against someone like Trump.

The long term polls have Trump dropping after each debate, and making ground in between. Had the election been after the third debate, he'd have lost handily. The problem is Clinton never triumphed decisively in any debate. Had she done so, things would have been different.

Hindsight is 20/20. Lots of things can be seen now not to have had the desired effect, or to have been released to soon, or not soon enough. Therefore it's useless to wish things had been different, and there's little to be learned.

The other thing that helped Trump is the makeup of the GOP. They're a bunch of cowards who've just let a populist and racist ignoramus steal their party from under them. Or they are populist racists themselves. They decided either that an electoral victory or defeating a Clinton was worth their soul. They should have vociferously opposed him, especially people like Ted Cruz who endured much abuse from Trump, and cut him off much earlier.

Unless this is the party they want.

I don't expect they'll oppose much of his agenda now, seeing as how they've shown to be easy to intimidate.

Lastly, I did not buy Trump's act during his victory speech. That's not him. If it were, he'd have campaigned that way and obtained over 300 electoral votes easy as you please, plus more Senate seats for "his" party. As usual, we should judge him by his actions and not only his words.
November 9th, 2016 at 10:13:30 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Quote: ams288
LA Times again.

Sad!

LA time was da only poll that was right and you thinnk its sad??????
keep your head in da sand.....................BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Quote: ams288
But now you crawl out of your sewer to cherry pick one poll... you live a sad life..
too scared to log in & post here after getting embarassed after running off your mouth here for years?? cat got your tongue?
you cryin and in morning today? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

time to crawl back in YOUR sewer boy!!!!!! LOL........................
November 9th, 2016 at 10:34:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: YeahBaby
LA time was da only poll that was right and you thinnk its sad??????
keep your head in da sand.....................BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Hillary won the popular vote...

...the LA Times poll was wrong. Durrrrr.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 9th, 2016 at 11:56:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: reno

Does everyone in this thread agree?

Oh yeah. Done. No one would bankroll her.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 9th, 2016 at 12:12:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I could care less what Trump does as
president. The point the US made in
the election was we don't want the
evil incarnate bought and paid for
antichrist Hillary in there to make
her globalization dream come true.
I'm amazed we were savvy enough
to get rid of the Clinton's forever.

Now when her eyes cross and she
passes out and falls down and has
to be thrown like a side of beef into
the scooby van, nobody will give a crap.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 9th, 2016 at 1:15:28 PM permalink
Nareed
After a few years of growth, though not very good growth, the US is ripe for a downturn. It's hard to say when one will happen or what will trigger it (there are many options), but within two or three years for sure. Sooner if Trump tries to fulfill his campaign promises and 1) destroys wealth and productivity directly by expelling people, imposing tariffs, and building a boondoggle of a wall, and 2) destroys wealth and productivity indirectly by making financial markets collapse.

The problem is that this beneficiary of cronyism and legal loopholes is seen as an exemplar of capitalism. So guess which ideology will take the blame?

Clinton would have faced a downturn, too, though she probably would have been less dead set on helping it along. But she's as far removed from capitalism as can be.
November 9th, 2016 at 6:06:46 PM permalink
Nareed
I'm not too concerned about what Trump will try to do in office. No question such policies as he has deigned to disclose are terrible. but "his" own party knows this, and they won't be in a rush to implement them (though I expect foreign policy to remain a mess, as we're on 24 years with presidents how have to learn it on the job). The Democrats will resort to any and all means to stop him, too.

I'm concerned about what he's already done, and what his ardent supporters will do. What trump has done is make racism, misogyny, anti-Semitism, and intolerance respectable (Islamophobia, sadly, to some extent already was). His base won't hesitate to take it up. hell, his base is chock full of white supremacists.

This means an increase in hate crimes against Latinos, women, blacks, LGBTQ people, Muslims, and to a lesser extents Jews and perhaps Catholics. And Democratic politicians, too.

But also Trump had a great deal of support in police forces across the country. Cases of police brutality, already intolerable, are bound to get worse, especially against minorities, and even in blue states.

The above is what will make the news. But it won't be all. there will be a great deal of harassment and bullying of all minorities as well. That won't make the news, but in the long term it will be worse.