So, guns kill people and what are you going to do about it?

Page 2 of 2<12
June 20th, 2016 at 3:15:01 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: rxwine
I would limit the number of legal purchases...

I know I was sarcastic on WoV, figuring I could get away with it with you. But my question "How many hands do you think I have?" was a legit question. Most stances I understand, I just disagree. This one I don't understand at all. I could commandeer the local National Guard outpost and the neighboring Walmart, but ain't a store in the land that sells human hands. I might have 3,000 firearms at my disposal, but no matter the type, I can only operate at MAX two at a time. And that's just little pistols. Any gun with grunt is a two handed operation, meaning I can only operate one. So why the stance of limiting purchases?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
June 20th, 2016 at 5:20:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
No, people with guns who pull the trigger while pointing them at people have allows so many of these attacks to happen. It's little or nothing to do with Political Correctness. Blaming it on PC is like blaming it on Trump and Sarah Palin.

Sorry, but PC is a huge problem. Ft Hood, San Bernadino, now Orlando. I am probably missing some. But the one constant is the outright refusal to call it islamic terror. We have a Federal Government that makes any rational person fear to report a problem if it involves a muslim. We have a government and people who want to throw open the border to "prove" they are not whatever islamophobic is supposed to mean. We have a portion of people who are so afraid of "guns" that they will call the cops if they see one, even a legal one. Muslim-looking guy in a gay bar should set off red flags to any competent security person, surely any cop. But OMG, if you even *think* of profiling then prepare to lose your business and even more.

Good, smart police work is not allowed. Said it before, there is indeed a difference between two guys carrying riffles along the road in PA the Monday after Thanksgiving than a young male fitting a gang or terror profile in the city. I do not want to live in a society where a cop cannot act on that, sadly we do.

Quote:
'Solving' the gun problem in the US is like trying to solve the problem of the British cricket or the French love of good wine and food. It's a culturally endemic thing, for all the good, bad and indifferent that means. The biggest difference is that on a regular basis, this means people die due to fast flying metal shot my unstable, twisted or dangerous people. Cricket only kills a one or two people every decade.

The problem, IMHO, is the gun-grabbers do not understand reality. They think gun laws will solve gun violence. Same as drug laws have solved the drug problem. They want to take the gun from the law-abiding gun owner but will scream if you try to deport an illegal alien who committed a gun crime. Some don't have a clue how guns work. Most probably could not load a clip, some think the clip cannot even be reloaded. They watch movies and think that you can fire an automatic for minutes at a time without reloading or melting the barrel. Some of this group get elected.

Take out the 4-5 most violent cities and the gun violence rate in the USA plummets. Take out suicides and the death rate collapses. Explain on a forum that "hurt while cleaning a gun" is the same as "slipped on a bar of soap" and you get laughed at. You have a point that it is a societal problem. A society in collapse on many fronts.
The President is a fink.
June 20th, 2016 at 10:14:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Face
I know I was sarcastic on WoV, figuring I could get away with it with you. But my question "How many hands do you think I have?" was a legit question. Most stances I understand, I just disagree. This one I don't understand at all. I could commandeer the local National Guard outpost and the neighboring Walmart, but ain't a store in the land that sells human hands. I might have 3,000 firearms at my disposal, but no matter the type, I can only operate at MAX two at a time. And that's just little pistols. Any gun with grunt is a two handed operation, meaning I can only operate one. So why the stance of limiting purchases?

Every extra gun you have, is one more gun that could be sold, given away or stolen regardless if you are the actual mass killer or would-be robber.

Quote:
From 1985 to 1994, the FBI received an annual average of over 274,000 reports of stolen guns

http://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/GUIC.PDF

Quote:
Upwards of of 250,000 firearms on average are stolen each year in the United States.

Seventy-four percent of those firearms are stolen in home burglaries according to a Justice Department report

Second of all those amateur mass killers -- well just read some of the stories where the gun they are using malfunctions. (The reason this ends up in the story is someone he was trying to shoot reports the gun didn't fire and they lived to tell about it)

There's a good reason to have a back up or two. Maybe you wouldn't need them, but I can see why several of them carry several guns. It could be as simple as they simply don't know what they doing, put the safety back on, literally ran out of ammunition or whatnot.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 21st, 2016 at 3:15:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
“Analysis of Recent Mass Shootings,” Showing how mass public shootings keep occurring in gun-free zones

This has been suspected for years, now some research. Also, of the 4 gun bills the grabbers rushed to pass, none would have stopped the Orlando islamic terror attack.
The President is a fink.
November 17th, 2016 at 7:31:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This story warms a gun owners heart. Hope
we see more of this now that Trump's in
office.

http://levittownnow.com/2016/11/15/police-respond-to-shooting-at-pizza-shop/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 2 of 2<12