The Bible God or Kali

Page 24 of 24« First<21222324
August 13th, 2016 at 5:13:55 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I know he is angering a lot of catholics for his liberal non traditional views and they think he is going too far, and disappointing many non-catholics for not going far enough.

I am not providing links this time. There are simply too many examples from so many different groups of people.

I wouldn't call him greedy, though. I would have a hard time not describing him as ambitious, though.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 13th, 2016 at 8:24:03 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I don't know I think his approval ratings are off the charts for both Catholics and non-Catholics.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 13th, 2016 at 9:28:34 PM permalink
Dalex64
Yes, because he is appealing more to the center, where the most people are.

The church conservatives and traditionalists toward one fringe are unhappy, and at the other end the liberals are unhappy since I think they thought they were getting a liberal reformer pope, who on many issues has just demonstrated more of the same. The conservatives are the ones he should be most concerned about alienating.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 13th, 2016 at 9:31:34 PM permalink
FrGamble
As always virtue is found in the middle.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 14th, 2016 at 6:16:28 AM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: FrGamble
As always virtue is found in the middle.

Doesn't that imply that church policies should shift away from the strict conservative views that they hold now and shift toward the middle, with the middle being what most people believe?
August 14th, 2016 at 3:54:26 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Dalex64
Doesn't that imply that church policies should shift away from the strict conservative views that they hold now and shift toward the middle, with the middle being what most people believe?

Yes.
August 14th, 2016 at 5:33:36 PM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: FrGamble
Yes.

If the church shifts it's policies and views in order to align with what is now the middle, isn't that moral relativism?
August 14th, 2016 at 5:36:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Dalex64
If the church shifts it's policies and views in order to align with what is now the middle, isn't that moral relativism?

Whoa, horsey. I'm not talking about changing policies and views based on what the world might consider conservative or liberal. I am talking about some people who want to be more Catholic than the Pope with their crippling rigidity and those who want to throw out all the teachings of the Church that challenge anything that the secular world views as conservative. The middle between these two extremes is where I would love to see the Church universal.
Page 24 of 24« First<21222324