The Epic Rant Thread

Page 7 of 8« First<45678>
January 15th, 2019 at 6:37:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
People in predicaments like yours show up at ECMC clinics every day. I see them in the OR all the time. I have no idea about the details on waiting times, what papers you will need, etc.... But we take care of people with no insurance at all......
January 15th, 2019 at 7:06:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
Ponder all this before advocating we go whole hog for socialized medicine, friends and neighbors.

Naw, this is what you get when they dedicate as little funding as possible to a socialized system. It's a hybrid system. That's where the US is.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 15th, 2019 at 7:33:14 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
Just think, you're not even 40 yet. Good thing
you have your son to keep you from contemplating
the easy way out.

Nice try, Satan. I've been through worse without him. Whatever I did to f#$% up my head and saddle me with the ever-present desire to die, it's never done a thing to tamp my demand to live. Been 22 years; what's another 30?

If you drive to Boston, rent a car, they're
cheap and it'll have an automatic tranny.
I'd lawyer up, find one that deals in this
crap. Somebody is trying to screw you.
And be more proactive, quit depending
on 'them' to do what they say or come
thru for you. The only person who gives
a crap about you is you. You have to
constantly check the status of your
case, they want the time to run out
so you're screwed.

More proactive? How? Short of knocking on every door and asking every single person in the building if they take federal like a psychopath, there's nothing more I could've done. I stated everything I needed and triple-confirmed that they had it. Their ignorance is beyond my ability to correct. I just happen to be responsible for footing the bill for it.

And I know everyone's trying to screw me, but this isn't even to that point yet. This isn't modeled policy to f#$% me over, this was just simple disregard and lack of desire of having your s#$% together. My PCP wouldn't purposely screw me, they lose by doing so. And if they simply didn't want to deal with it, they could've just stated so or denied for another reason. This was just someone not taking the care and attention to be aware of their store's policy. It just happened to temporarily f#$% everything up.

I dunno. On one hand I am positively Old Testamental. Were this a person, I'd be fantasizing about caving in their face with a maul as I did my research to find out where and when I could catch them out so we could have some words and I could exercise some vengeance and damn the consequences. Alas, I'm being f#$%ed over and out by an intangible construct of ideas, and I don't know how to smite an idea.

How in the f#$% can one be so bad at regular ol' adult life? Get a divorce and lose my family, march through it head up. Deal with developmental issues with my little boy, smash it head on. Watch the man who raised me fall apart and die, step up and persevere. F@#$ up a mote of paperwork, whole f#$%ing world falls apart.

Whatever. Searched all night and found ONE ortho in the city. Gonna try that, and if it falls through, gonna beg at the local ER to get me set right. Whether it works or not, I don't give a s#$%. I'm going on vacation and if my job's gone when I get back, so the f#$% be it and good goddamn riddance. I'm only happy when I'm miserable anyways.

Quote: odiousgambit
Ponder all this before advocating we go whole hog for socialized medicine, friends and neighbors.

Is it a proper comparison? I thought the beef with socialized was the wait time. In this case it's not the wait, it's that there's no resources to help me get where I need to be and I'm going to be flat out denied. As you could imagine, I'd be perfectly happy waiting as many years as they want to pay me for sitting home =p

Quote: SOOPOO
People in predicaments like yours show up at ECMC clinics every day. I see them in the OR all the time. I have no idea about the details on waiting times, what papers you will need, etc.... But we take care of people with no insurance at all......

Thanks, but I'm not worried about plain ol service. I have insurance and a solid emergency fund; I could comfortably (though not "happily" =p) use my own widely accepted insurance, get the issue taken care of promptly, and coast through recovery and rehab with no worries of missing payments or having to borrow. It's simply that I'm not paying out of pocket and blowing up my hard earned emergency fund in addition to suffering at least 2 months loss of pay for the time out of work to pay for something they are obligated to cover without a fight. F@#$ that, with every fibre of my being.

If it comes to that, fine. But I'm gonna make a lot of noise and inconvenience a f#$% ton of people before I eat this myself.

Now, where tf did Babs hide my torches...
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 15th, 2019 at 7:38:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Naw, this is what you get when they dedicate as little funding as possible to a socialized system. It's a hybrid system. That's where the US is.

Nothing to do with being a hybrid system. Every socialized system will get as little funding as possible.
The President is a fink.
January 15th, 2019 at 7:39:11 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Not funded well? How would that ever happen? All we have to do is raise the taxes on the rich folks to 70%
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 15th, 2019 at 10:09:37 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"More proactive? How?"

By not going months and months
without checking on the progress
of things. By staying on top of them
all the time. Right now I'm switching
reimbursement companies for SS
and Bluecross deductions from my
monthly SS check. I call them every
day for a progress report. They hate my
guts for bugging them, I couldn't
care less.

"I'm only happy when I'm miserable anyways."

Ya think? It's no accident you're in
you're current position. You seem
to actively work at it..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 15th, 2019 at 10:43:37 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

By not going months and months
without checking on the progress
of things. By staying on top of them
all the time. Right now I'm switching
reimbursement companies for SS
and Bluecross deductions from my
monthly SS check. I call them every
day for a progress report. They hate my
guts for bugging them, I couldn't
care less.

A misunderstanding. THIS injury happened on 1-02-19, just last week. I was on, up, and in both the ER and my PCP's ass about everything 100% of the time. Even though my doc handled my last comp case, I STILL specified "Y'all take federal?", I was that seriously anal about everything. Snack Shack was right here and confirmed she heard me say it. Then I show up, and they say differently.

I always believe that even if it's "not your fault", there's always something else you could have done, if you'd had just put in the effort. In this case, there was nothing. Perhaps you were thinking of my last case, where I did just sit back and wait. On that, truer words were never spoken. I sat backed an expected. Never again.

Moving on to see if I can honor our host's wishes, it's kind of fixed now. And by that I mean it seems so and another gut punch from the cosmos is waiting for me in February. According to the DOL, everything so far is the way it should be and I need only keep them updated with all further treatments, even if said treatment is nearly a month out. And according to them, all I need do on the employment side is just keep them updated. So I've confirmed my case is safe, just notified USPS, and after doing everything I can to prove EB wrong by asking every question and informing of every answer, I am right now safe and set.

Tune in next time where I explain how nothing was set and it all fell apart. Until then, I'm being paid to type this, for no other reason than .gov is such a bloated cluster that no one wants to deal with it. Think of me when stamps breach $0.50 =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 15th, 2019 at 12:46:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I just spent an hour and a half on
the phone checking my claim
status. Had to call 3 times to
find a person who knew what
they were doing. It's usually a
guy, women in these jobs are
often clueless, and they get
aggravated if they can't find
an answer, or put you on hold
and never come back.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 15th, 2019 at 1:24:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I just spent an hour and a half on
the phone checking my claim
status. Had to call 3 times to
find a person who knew what
they were doing. It's usually a
guy, women in these jobs are
often clueless, and they get
aggravated if they can't find
an answer, or put you on hold
and never come back.

Call centers are hell. To get into "office work" you probably need to make your bones in them a few years. Or you might need to take work in one when times are tough. But they are awful. The management usually is more concerned that you follow a script than use your head. The less intelligent the person the more they follow the script. I still remember near screaming once when I needed to verify a mortgage was closed and the woman kept asking me more about the address. I had lived near that area by chance and knew the road like the back of my hand. She kept insisting there was more to it. She is probably still in the same low level job.
The President is a fink.
January 15th, 2019 at 4:08:14 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Maybe you need to call an injury attorney Face. Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria?
Page 7 of 8« First<45678>