GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER!

Page 106 of 106« First<103104105106
February 4th, 2024 at 8:22:02 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: GenoDRPh
Quote: Mission146
It's not; it's a rejection of the Democrats trying to railroad Trump in every court, every state, and essentially turning him into a sympathetic figure. They could have just let the fanciful claims of election fraud, the so-called, 'Insurrection,' Kavanaugh's appointment and Trump's abysmal 2022 endorsements stand on their own and Trump's goose would have been cooked.

I mean, when you have juries finding that he defamed someone based on the fact that he rejected the claim (which has basically no evidence supporting it) that he raped someone (which I don't see how claiming someone raped you is not defamatory if you have no evidence of it at all, much less writing an entire book) and his rejection of a rape accusation is supposed to be somehow defamatory. That despite the fact that the accusation specified a possible date range of Spring of 1874 to Fall of 2005, or whatever it was. At some point in American history, Trump supposedly raped this person.

Anyway, other than the fact that the Republican side is louder and more whiny than usual when a Democrat is in office, I don't see that there's any huge difference between Biden and Trump in terms of day to day life; I guess the MAGAtards are less annoying than the Democrats were when Trump was in office, so I want Biden to win...I'm not voting for him though.

They tried ignoring his statements and bombast in 2016, and lost. Better to meet the fanciful claims of election fraud, the attempted and sanctioned insurrection, overturning Roe, COVID mishandling and the 2022 endorsements head on.

As far as E Jean is concerned, Donnie had ample opportunity to mount a defense at trial, but chose not to (as is his right). He had opportunity to submit a DNA sample for comparison against an article of clothing E Jean kept from the incident, but chose not to (as is his right). An impartial jury found for her. Now, he gets to either pay up or appeal. As far as you not seeing how his public statements were defamatory, you aren't a lawyer or a judge or on a jury and you also mischaracterize the evidence presented and his public statements. Believe what you want, but the facts say otherwise.

The MAGAtards perhaps were less annoying than the Dems, except when it comes to accepting the results they don't like of an election. Other than the attempted overthrough of the Federal government, maybe they're all just swell...,

They lost, in 2016, only because they ran the second-least popular Presidential nominee (from a major party) against the least popular; Trump loses to anyone else in 2016---Sanders would have crushed him. Can you imagine Trump trying his usual attacks against a little old Jewish man who, at least, seems well-intentioned enough?

There's nothing to meet head on. Listen, you've got 40% of the country who are going to vote for Trump no matter what he does; he could literally be filmed kicking a wheelchair-bound elderly woman in the head and concussing her---he still gets at least 40% of the popular vote. I know, that's a ridiculous example; there's no way Trump could possibly kick that high.

The point remains that Democrats (who also have 40-45% of the popular vote automatically locked up...running a houseplant) just need the independents. They had the Independents already. If this can be believed:

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/06/30/behind-bidens-2020-victory/

Trump won the national popular vote (amongst Independents), by a very slight margin, in 2016; in 2020, he got trounced in the Independent vote. It appears to be a net swing of ten points (Trump +1 v. Clinton to Biden +9 v. Trump) over to Democrats.

When you consider that combined with Trump's antics after the election (detailed in my earlier post), he was poised to take an even bigger trouncing, amongst Independents, in 2024; probably moreso when you look at the Roe overturn and the fact that Trump's own SCOTUS appointee (who referred to the matter as, "Settled law") was the deciding vote, and then, Trump's two other appointees also voted to overturn.

He was done. 2024 was already over and Biden had as good as won, so what do the Democrats do? They railroad Trump in this civil case and they try to keep him off of the ballot, in multiple states, pursuant to a crime that he hasn't actually been convicted of.

Introducing the potential for third-party candidates, Biden appears to be +8 (compared to Trump) amongst Independents, according to Newsweek:

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-poll-joe-biden-independents-quinnipiac-1865898

And, +12 if you isolate just Trump and Biden.

That's obviously pretty good, but there are several months left for that to swing the other way. More than that, Independents (overall) don't even necessarily matter, but it's Independents in swing states who are going to matter the most. I seriously doubt if Trump wins the national popular vote, unless the economy absolutely goes into the toilet within the next few months.

COVID is a bit contentious because the Democrat-controlled states went way overboard with the lockdowns; I think the Democrats should be focused on the overturning of Roe...and meeting that head on is perfectly fine, because that's actually a policy issue and the Independents are likely to be Pro-Choice anyway.

The rest of it could just be left to stand on its own; it's a terrible idea to make Trump look like a victim, or sympathetic figure, or to do anything to legitimize his position that the Democrats are trying to cheat him out of an election...such as trying to remove him from the ballot. Trump did such a good job delegitimizing himself that the Democrats can only hurt themselves by trying to add to that.

The, "Impartial" anonymous jury? Ha! Don't make me laugh. What's his defense going to be? What is he supposed to argue? Is he to argue that he wasn't at a store that's practically next door to his residence, at any point, in a nine month period, more than 25 years ago?

What facts? There are no facts. The only thing even remotely close to evidence is the fact that two of her friends say that there were phone calls in which this altercation had been detailed to them. Conveniently, neither of those two friends can even narrow the time their friend was supposedly raped down to a month. Even then, it assumes that they couldn't be compelled to lie---I would assume both of them aren't huge fans of Trump, either.

More than all of that; everything assumes that there wasn't some sort of consensual sexual tryst with the two of them. Of course, Trump denies the two being there altogether and, had there been a consensual sexual encounter, and Trump said that's what happened, nobody would believe him anyway.

But, as I said in a different thread...if you can come with an accusation that is specific enough as to be theoretically disprovable, and do anything that puts the two of them in the store at the same time, that would likely be good enough for me. Actually, given who the Defendant is (and public statements he has made about women, the Stormy Daniels thing, etc...) I'd have been satisfied just for the complaint to allege a specific date, or even, a particular week.

In short, my conclusion is that the jurors are wrong and nothing was demonstrated to make unwanted sexual assault more likely than not on a preponderance of the evidence standard.

I might not be on the jury, but I could be on a jury (not in that jurisdiction) at some point in the future. Anyone can be on a jury. My opinion shouldn't be considered any more ignorant than that of anyone who is on any jury, otherwise, I shouldn't have the duty to be placed on a jury if called upon.

The Democrats were definitely more annoying, on a day to day basis, when Trump was in office. I've already opined that, during the supposed, 'Insurrection,' that the National Guard should have been brought in and put a cap in the head of anyone in the Capitol Building who wasn't supposed to be there as they were disrupting an official Government proceeding. Trust me, there's no love loss between myself and the MAGtards, either. Since 2016, when it comes to politics, I think it's fair to say I loathe just about everyone.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 4th, 2024 at 11:05:44 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
For someone who loathes just about everyone, you sure spend a lot of effort defending Trump, who you supposedly loath and the one person who had the actual authority to order a military response to the insurrection at the Capital on Jan 6, but because he was an active participant, didn't. Far from loathing him, you are in league with him. It's okay, be out and proud!
February 4th, 2024 at 4:03:51 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
For someone who loathes just about everyone, you sure spend a lot of effort defending Trump, who you supposedly loath and the one person who had the actual authority to order a military response to the insurrection at the Capital on Jan 6, but because he was an active participant, didn't. Far from loathing him, you are in league with him. It's okay, be out and proud!

Well, talking to Democrats sure does make voting for Trump tempting, but that would be pure spite. I definitely hate him; I just don’t think he should be held legally accountable to decades-old accusations for which there is zero credible evidence.

Look, I’ve as much as said I don’t understand why someone Secret Service doesn’t take one for team U.S.A. and pop Trump; I would love it if one of them did. I legitimately hope Trump dies of a stroke as I am typing this, but being ruled liable for defamation on the grounds that he vehemently denied a decades-old rape allegation that both can’t be proven and has very little actual evidence supporting it is beyond the pale.

My take on your posts is that they come off no less brainwashed than your typical MAGtard is; they’re just anti-Trump instead. The posts, as with most MAGtards, have little to no concern for nuance, actual principles, what’s legally right or what’s pragmatic.

I’ll not vote for Trump, but it’ll be the Democrats own fault if they lose.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 5th, 2024 at 5:36:21 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Well, talking to Democrats sure does make voting for Trump tempting, but that would be pure spite. I definitely hate him; I just don’t think he should be held legally accountable to decades-old accusations for which there is zero credible evidence.

Look, I’ve as much as said I don’t understand why someone Secret Service doesn’t take one for team U.S.A. and pop Trump; I would love it if one of them did. I legitimately hope Trump dies of a stroke as I am typing this, but being ruled liable for defamation on the grounds that he vehemently denied a decades-old rape allegation that both can’t be proven and has very little actual evidence supporting it is beyond the pale.

My take on your posts is that they come off no less brainwashed than your typical MAGtard is; they’re just anti-Trump instead. The posts, as with most MAGtards, have little to no concern for nuance, actual principles, what’s legally right or what’s pragmatic.

I’ll not vote for Trump, but it’ll be the Democrats own fault if they lose.

Mission read my mind, and made the quoted post. I think you can call someone who exhibits the characteristics you mention a TDS-tard. If MAGA-tard is permitted here, TDS-tard is a perfect analogy!
February 5th, 2024 at 5:53:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: SOOPOO
Mission read my mind, and made the quoted post. I think you can call someone who exhibits the characteristics you mention a TDS-tard. If MAGA-tard is permitted here, TDS-tard is a perfect analogy!

I don't think you could call another poster a TDStard, but you could talk about TDStards without referencing anyone specifically or compare a statement made to one a hypothetical TDStard might make.
February 5th, 2024 at 5:59:25 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

I guess I could have also included:

Quote:
There's nothing to meet head on. Listen, you've got 40% of the country who are going to vote for Trump no matter what he does; he could literally be filmed kicking a wheelchair-bound elderly woman in the head and concussing her---he still gets at least 40% of the popular vote. I know, that's a ridiculous example; there's no way Trump could possibly kick that high.

As evidence that I am not in league with Trump and clearly hate him and most of his supporters. Of course, I was just being quick because your post didn't really justify a response at all, much less one that I actually would have to spend longer than a millisecond thinking about.
February 5th, 2024 at 9:07:07 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Of course, I was just being quick because your post didn't really justify a response at all, much less one that I actually would have to spend longer than a millisecond thinking about.

I don't think any political discussions require more than a millisecond of thinking.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 106 of 106« First<103104105106