2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

October 28th, 2018 at 2:25:45 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
A good example of this is laws that require union wages on labor. Unions get the job then take in dues. At election time, the unions give donations and manpower to the candidate.
For as small a footprint as unions have, they sure get a lot of blame.

Labor unions in the United States - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_unions_in_the_United_States
Labor unions in the United States are organizations that represent workers in many industries ... The percentage of workers belonging to a union in the United States (or total ... in the private sector has fallen under 7% — levels not seen since 1932. .... Membership has declined since, with private sector union membership

A better example would be the influence tax exempt religions have on politics. Cult followers think by tithing their income, [which most of them cheat on] that they will end up in some fantasy heaven. Then the priests tell the politicians which way to vote.

At least with the union example, workers get some benefits. The cult followers get a fantasy.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 28th, 2018 at 3:21:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
For as small a footprint as unions have, they sure get a lot of blame.

Labor unions in the United States - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_unions_in_the_United_States
Labor unions in the United States are organizations that represent workers in many industries ... The percentage of workers belonging to a union in the United States (or total ... in the private sector has fallen under 7% — levels not seen since 1932. .... Membership has declined since, with private sector union membership

A better example would be the influence tax exempt religions have on politics. Cult followers think by tithing their income, [which most of them cheat on] that they will end up in some fantasy heaven. Then the priests tell the politicians which way to vote.

At least with the union example, workers get some benefits. The cult followers get a fantasy.

Can't say I have seen or heard of priests telling anyone how to vote. But unions do send workers to campaign, often on company time. They often provide a rent-a-mob as needed. When I was in a union I got the benefit of my dues going to help the Gambino crime family.
The President is a fink.
October 28th, 2018 at 3:53:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.cnn.com/2016/02/18/politics/pope-francis-trump-christian-wall/index.html

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/404662-trump-hails-unions-touts-trade-moves-in-labor-day-message

I objected to my union [IBEW] sending info about who to vote for. Can't say as I ever voted their way? I would agree the majority of the members that I knew, probably followed directions.

I was probably more at odds, with the leadership. I do hope they don't go broke for at least two more years, then I will hopefully start getting some checks from them. IDK, maybe they are more evil than good, but working sloths wouldn't have much of a chance at a middle class life without someone representing them.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 29th, 2018 at 11:02:02 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday morning that the U.S. military plans to deploy 5,000 troops to the southwest border region in response to the caravan of “would-be asylum seekers.” The plans reportedly call for 1,800 troops to deploy to Texas, 1,700 to Arizona, and 1,500 to California."

5000 is low, a Pentagon official has said, "discussion of the actual figures is premature.”

MAGA!!!!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 29th, 2018 at 11:23:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
"The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday morning that the U.S. military plans to deploy 5,000 troops to the southwest border region in response to the caravan of “would-be asylum seekers.” The plans reportedly call for 1,800 troops to deploy to Texas, 1,700 to Arizona, and 1,500 to California."

5000 is low, a Pentagon official has said, "discussion of the actual figures is premature.”

MAGA!!!!

Beyond time. Expect the caravan to hide behind the women and children, and expect the liberals to call to open the border to them. One answer is to announce that the border with Mexico will be closed completely for a few days or weeks when they are expected tpo arrive, so if people want to visit their Mexican border hole they had better be sure they can return. With the loss of income, Mexico would get to stopping these people.
The President is a fink.
October 29th, 2018 at 11:50:35 AM permalink
Evenbob
With the loss of income, Mexico would get to stopping these people.

You mean the cartels will. If their
access to the US for drug and human
smuggling is cut off, they will get
rid of the caravans. A new caravan
just entered Mexico yesterday. This
is the wave of the future unless it's
stopped now.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 29th, 2018 at 2:05:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
t

Citizens United is a good and proper ruling, protects freedom of speech. What does it have to do with selling your vote?

It's not good. As I said, I know of no reason such a competition needs to run on such excessive funding. Unless you're a pretender to being fiscally conservative you shouldn't like all this money thrown into politics either when it could be better used elsewhere on substantive matters.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 29th, 2018 at 6:55:58 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I thought it was another TP on his shoe video, but no, trump doesn't know how to close an umbrella.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 30th, 2018 at 12:32:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Just saw Trump in a 20 min interview on
Laura's show. The energy this guy has
is amazing, for any age, let alone 71.
He's quick with his answers, and intense,
and has really grown into the leadership
position. Leslie Stahl said that a few
weeks ago. She interviewed TV show Trump,
candidate Trump, and now, president
Trump. She could see the change in him,
how he exudes confidence now, how
you sense his leadership when you're
around him.
October 30th, 2018 at 2:42:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
It's not good. As I said, I know of no reason such a competition needs to run on such excessive funding. Unless you're a pretender to being fiscally conservative you shouldn't like all this money thrown into politics either when it could be better used elsewhere on substantive matters.

How is it not good? All it does is says your freedom of speech does not end when you form a corporation for legal reasons and protections. It has nothing to do with "being fiscally conservative." To be against it is to be against freedom of assembly at say the local American Legion because that is a corporation.

I do not get what the "could be better used elsewhere" part means. The money is not coming from the government.
The President is a fink.