2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

July 4th, 2019 at 7:32:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Coal miners are a tough lot. They will make things work. Not like those X Studies majors who are hoping to get their student loans forgiven.
The President is a fink.
July 4th, 2019 at 4:27:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Who else watched?

I did not hear him mention himself ONCE!

Just love for his country and the armed forces.

Can't wait to hear the clown car try to tear it apart, will put themselves on the wrong side of middle America for sure.
The President is a fink.
July 4th, 2019 at 5:32:33 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Who else watched?

If I had to guess, I’d say not many people.

Too many better things to do on the 4th of July than listen to a fat moron read off the teleprompter.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 4th, 2019 at 10:35:11 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: AZDuffman
Who else watched?

I did not hear him mention himself ONCE!

Just love for his country and the armed forces.

Can't wait to hear the clown car try to tear it apart, will put themselves on the wrong side of middle America for sure.

I watched. How could you not? Our President speaking on the 4th of July. It's a holiday to put aside our differences and focus on what unites us who are so blessed to live in the USA.

I was hoping for an inspiring speech trying to unite a country full of tension and division. We did get a beautiful history lesson and a celebration of our military, but he never really spoke about the present or the future (besides going to Mars).

Do you really think he doesn't know the divisiveness rotting away our country? Was he not up to the task to address it? Does he care? During the speech I was inspired but it left quickly because we live in the real world.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 4th, 2019 at 11:54:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Was he not up to the task to address it? Does he care?

He addresses it all the time,
in every press conference,
in every campaign rally.
The 4th is a holiday celebrating
an historical event. It has
nothing to do with current
events. You don't complain
when a Xmas speech doesn't
concentrate on abortion and
gun crime in Chicago. Why
complain now.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 5th, 2019 at 2:27:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: FrGamble
I watched. How could you not? Our President speaking on the 4th of July. It's a holiday to put aside our differences and focus on what unites us who are so blessed to live in the USA.

I was hoping for an inspiring speech trying to unite a country full of tension and division. We did get a beautiful history lesson and a celebration of our military, but he never really spoke about the present or the future (besides going to Mars).

Do you really think he doesn't know the divisiveness rotting away our country? Was he not up to the task to address it? Does he care? During the speech I was inspired but it left quickly because we live in the real world.

If he would have spoken about the present or the future then he would have been accused about being "political on Independence Day."

As to the divisiveness, what do you expect him to do? Say he is for open borders now? Say he actually loves abortion and is going to provide it for free? The thing is, the people who hate him are set in their issues and have proven they are not going to change. It is like the joke going around that if Trump says how good Oxygen is then they will try to stop breathing.

All along he has given a vision of making things better for everyone. The haters refuse to go along. The divisiveness in the USA is not because of Trump, it would be here anyhow. It has been brewing for almost 50 years now. This happens in most societies. They current split started about 1964. It was subtle the first 30 or so years. But now you have some major splits. It is not just a split on the issues, it is a split on what the issues even are.

Yesterday was meant to be uniting. Just watch and see how angry the left is after it.
The President is a fink.
July 5th, 2019 at 4:03:21 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Did he really say the army took over airports during the revolutionary war? Twitter seems to be roasting him for that.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 5th, 2019 at 5:24:05 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Very good points by AZ and even Evenbob. Thanks.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 5th, 2019 at 7:02:56 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: ams288
Did he really say the army took over airports during the revolutionary war?

Did you really forget such monumental occasions in American history?

"One if by land, two if by sea. Three if by Spitfire LF Mk IX" - Paul Revere
"Don't shoot until you see the whites of their Concorde" - William Prescott
"Give me leg room or give me death" - Patrick Henry

Sad.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 5th, 2019 at 7:13:10 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
It's one thing to unite on whether we should go fight the Nazis or send a maned rocket to the moon. We were already united in that the good of the country was not at issue. Today the left (not liberals or democrats per se) wants to destroy America. Their can be no uniting on that.