2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

June 29th, 2020 at 12:19:40 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Nonsense. I want to know why the libbie-run government in New Jersey has been so much worse at handling this thing than that urban utopia known as Wyoming!

That does not make sense.

You have to look at both population and population density. Not just raw numbers.
June 29th, 2020 at 12:27:29 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler
That does not make sense.

You have to look at both population and population density. Not just raw numbers.

*whispers*

It was sarcasm.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 29th, 2020 at 12:28:54 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
Liberal states tend to have higher populations so the raw numbers are of course higher, red states tend to be more rural.

Cracks me up. It's the biggest "duh" but people want "data" so they can paint the problem as blue vs red.

It's about as anti-American as you can get...even for the bumper sticker patriots.
June 29th, 2020 at 12:50:48 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
Cracks me up. It's the biggest "duh" but people want "data" so they can paint the problem as blue vs red.

It's about as anti-American as you can get...even for the bumper sticker patriots.

nahhhhh.... I of course know the general answer, and also know it has little to do with the party of the Governors. If your state has slums it will have a higher rate of COVID-19 deaths. My question is more just for interest.....
June 29th, 2020 at 12:54:50 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Tripdufan

The problem is that all the news is reported "Red" vs. "Blue"...and people are listening. I guess everyone who disagrees with the way it is reported should just let them dump on "Red" if the problem is mostly in "Blue" areas in "Red" states? the media in general is a lot quieter about how things go in the "Blue" states.

Asking for the data is just so people can show how the simpletons in the media only want us to see this one way...their way...when it really is much more than that. It is a problem all of us need to work on.
June 29th, 2020 at 1:19:29 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: SOOPOO
nahhhhh.... I of course know the general answer, and also know it has little to do with the party of the Governors. If your state has slums it will have a higher rate of COVID-19 deaths. My question is more just for interest.....

Or if your state hosts a major international hub for air travel. Or if your state relies heavily on public transit. Or if your state has high population density.

But nah, that's too much critical thought. Just blame it on slums. i.e. poor people, cities, democratic areas, blue states (that subsidize red states)
June 29th, 2020 at 2:05:38 PM permalink
flebner37
I wonder what the death rate per million is in all states run by Republican Governors versus death rate per million in states run by democrat Governors?

States and Territories with Republican Governors:
656 cases per 100,000
222 deaths per 1,000,000

States and Territories with Democrat Governors:
861 cases per 100,000
516 deaths per 1,000,000

Take out New York and the remaining states and territories with Democrat governors:
719 cases per 100,000
380 deaths per 1,000,000
June 29th, 2020 at 6:48:53 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Welcome flebner. Thanks for doing the work so lazy me didn’t have to. Tripp’s answer earlier is of course correct. I don’t blame Red or Blue governors. Nor our Red President. Americans just don’t like their freedoms taken away. And many will die because of it.
June 30th, 2020 at 2:36:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Welcome flebner. Thanks for doing the work so lazy me didn’t have to. Tripp’s answer earlier is of course correct. I don’t blame Red or Blue governors. Nor our Red President. Americans just don’t like their freedoms taken away. And many will die because of it.

And that last part is a very good thing! Selling your freedom forever for a few lives now is a bad bargain.

Despite the amount of people we have in the USA begging for their freedoms to be taken away this whole china virus thing has shown that we still have so many people who will not just do as told because "the government said so."

I have read that the USA has been the hardest country to lock down because of this freedom culture. This whole thing is a good case study in how a society can go from free to unfree because some people will just do as told, and worse yet how many will rat people out when the government asks them do so "for the cause" even if what that person is doing is harming nobody else.
The President is a fink.
June 30th, 2020 at 11:46:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman

Despite the amount of people we have in the USA begging for their freedoms to be taken away this whole china virus thing has shown that we still have so many people who will not just do as told because "the government said so."

lol. 99% of these so-called 'freedom lovers' are living under and complying regularly with their various city and town ordinances. And they likely bitch at the real freedom lovers who don't comply.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?