2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

February 18th, 2017 at 8:40:33 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: SOOPOO
You are likely correct. But when trying to win an election you either can choose a winning strategy or a losing one. If both sides have the same 'intel' on how stupid the electorate is, are you 'smart' by ignoring that? I agree with you that it is the technological elimination of jobs that is a much bigger threat than foreign countries to 'Joe Sixpack' as you call him. But because you and I know this, so what? We are the minority. The voters spoke. President Trump is the result.

The voters actually spoke for Clinton, but let's not rehash that. If you criticize the Democrats for leaving Joe Sixpack behind, that implies that there was something they could actually have done for him. All I can see is that they could have made vague promises about making his life better--i.e., lie to him. I have said before, in fact, that this would have been a winning strategy.

It's actually an interesting question. The Democrats are obviously better for the country than the Republicans. Knowing that, should the Democrats have pulled out all the ethical stops to get themselves elected? The Republicans obviously had no scruples of any kind (and still don't). When you fight by Marquis of Queensbury rules and the other guy is willing to throw dirt in your eyes and kick you in the balls, you're gonna lose. Makes me wonder what a Warren/Sanders (in either order) ticket would have looked like. Either one wouldn't have let a single shred of Trump bullshit go by. The debates would have been epic.
February 18th, 2017 at 11:57:38 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
that implies that there was something they could actually have done for him.

Time will tell. You've been 100% wrong
about everything else, why should you
get any cred on this prediction. You
remind me of Dick Morris. He was wrong
and wrong and wrong and finally got
retired from the prediction business. His
last wrong prediction was Obama would
pardon Hillary on Jan 19th. Oops.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 18th, 2017 at 12:35:20 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: Evenbob
Time will tell. You've been 100% wrong
about everything else, why should you
get any cred on this prediction. You
remind me of Dick Morris. He was wrong
and wrong and wrong and finally got
retired from the prediction business. His
last wrong prediction was Obama would
pardon Hillary on Jan 19th. Oops.

Like every single thing you say, Bob, your saying it does not make it so. In fact, your saying I've been 100% wrong actually means that I've been 100% right. But whatever, Bob. Your opinions have very, very, very little importance in the grand scheme of things. Whatever happens will happen regardless of what you think or want.
February 18th, 2017 at 12:42:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Like every single thing you say, Bob, your saying it does not make it so. .

But for some reason you saying it does
make it so? Trump is a clown, he'll
never win a poll; never win a primary;
never win the nomination; never beat
Hillary; and after he won, you actually
said he'll never be sworn in. So far you've
been wrong about EVERYTHING! Yet
you keep spewing out predictions like
you have a flawless track record. Are
you really Dick Morris?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 18th, 2017 at 4:22:32 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
But for some reason you saying it does
make it so? Trump is a clown, he'll
never win a poll; never win a primary;
never win the nomination; never beat
Hillary; and after he won, you actually
said he'll never be sworn in. So far you've
been wrong about EVERYTHING! Yet
you keep spewing out predictions like
you have a flawless track record. Are
you really Dick Morris?

I really don't give a rat's rectum what you think, Bob. You're a monochrome character in a multicolored world, and utterly predictable. That's why no one here takes you seriously--you're just a Breitbart echo.

The sad part is that you are actually capable of rational discourse in certain instances. Wouldn't you rather be something more than a giant, faded TRUMP campaign poster?
February 18th, 2017 at 4:27:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Wouldn't you rather be something more than a giant, faded TRUMP campaign poster?

I'd rather be an orange Trump poster,
but I'm too monochrome..
February 18th, 2017 at 4:41:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I'd rather be an orange Trump poster,
but I'm too monochrome..
I have learned a lot from your posts and am glad you continue to do so, even though you have tolerated an almost constant character assassination, which has lowered the quality of the entire board.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 18th, 2017 at 5:12:50 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: petroglyph
I have learned a lot from your posts and am glad you continue to do so, even though you have tolerated an almost constant character assassination, which has lowered the quality of the entire board.

Well, unfortunately, our moderators think that that character assassination is just ducky, but I'm not allowed to respond to it.

If, or should I say when, I get shot down again, this board will be nothing but Breitbart alternative facts and Trumpers crowing about the destruction of government programs. I no more wish to be in the company of these people than I wish to be in a pigsty during a pouring rain.
February 18th, 2017 at 5:23:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
this board will be nothing but Breitbart alternative facts and Trumpers crowing about the destruction of government programs. .

That's why god invented executive orders.
Roosevelt signed thousands of them in 12
years, let's see if Trump can beat that.
February 19th, 2017 at 7:57:29 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Trump quote from last nite

“You look at what’s happening,We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?”

Sweden?????????
People in Sweden are reading this this morning and are saying WTF
The orange man nuts
Sweden????????
What fantasy id Trump referring to
Alternate facts?????

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/%E2%80%98last-night-in-sweden%E2%80%99-trump%E2%80%99s-remark-baffles-a-nation/ar-AAn6eSE?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"