2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 17th, 2022 at 3:39:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/peace-and-prosperity/2022/january/14/glenn-greenwald-discusses-the-deep-state-effort-to-stop-donald-trump-from-pardoning-edward-snowden-and-julian-assange/

I thought the article was dumb
The sum of the article is this.
I'm a mindreader and this is what Trump was thinking
It's dumb. The entire article is just simple speculation.
Why didn't Trump pardon the Jan 6 attackers?
Deep state? Lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 17th, 2022 at 6:55:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
I thought the article was dumb
The sum of the article is this.
I'm a mindreader and this is what Trump was thinking
It's dumb. The entire article is just simple speculation.
Why didn't Trump pardon the Jan 6 attackers?
Deep state? Lol

I might have voted for Trump in November had he pardoned Joe Exotic before that. Why won't Biden pardon Joe Exotic? Instant approval bump. Relatively harmless person to release.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 17th, 2022 at 7:09:31 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mission146
I might have voted for Trump in November had he pardoned Joe Exotic before that. Why won't Biden pardon Joe Exotic? Instant approval bump. Relatively harmless person to release.

Deepstate
According to the Ron Paul institute
All Trumps pardons have to go through a deep state approval process
Joe Exotica did not make the cut
Lots of animal lovers in deep state
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 17th, 2022 at 7:43:39 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Deepstate
According to the Ron Paul institute
All Trumps pardons have to go through a deep state approval process
Joe Exotica did not make the cut
Lots of animal lovers in deep state

What? I don't buy it; a President can pardon whomever he wants to. What is the so-called, "Deep State," going to do if Trump pardons someone they don't like, refuse to take him out to dinner?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 17th, 2022 at 10:14:31 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mission146
What? I don't buy it; a President can pardon whomever he wants to. What is the so-called, "Deep State," going to do if Trump pardons someone they don't like, refuse to take him out to dinner?

I actually don't believe in deep state
But
The Ron Paul institute does
I was just being sartastic taking the deep state narrative to the next level
All this deep state stuff is just BS
Too bad the institute does not believe that
Instead of the Ron Paul Institute, should be called We Crazy Institute. Hmm. Maybe these deep state believers need to be committed to a real institution
January 17th, 2022 at 12:09:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I actually don't believe in deep state
But
The Ron Paul institute does
I was just being sartastic taking the deep state narrative to the next level
All this deep state stuff is just BS
Too bad the institute does not believe that
Instead of the Ron Paul Institute, should be called We Crazy Institute. Hmm. Maybe these deep state believers need to be committed to a real institution

The Deep State exists, but it is just ordinary people in the organization trying to keep the ship from completely self-destructing from chaotic idiots in charge like Trump.

When someone like Hitler took over, whatever good people who weren't already purged, or too afraid to do something, would try to prevent some of the madness from behind the scenes as best they could. That's the Deep State.

In a truly mad society, the idiot leader vilifies these people and tries to ferret them out. Besides if they were true saboteurs, it is much easier to just blow things up. They are actually trying to blunt the worst of the idiot's actions as best as they can.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 17th, 2022 at 2:31:37 PM permalink
rxwine
I doubt if I agree with Coulter on much of anything politically, but sure do with that last line.

Quote:
"If he wanted to run, that's OK with me," Trump said. "I think we'd win by a lot."

Trump also appeared to take a swipe at DeSantis during a recent interview with the conservative One America News Network in which he slammed politicians who won't say whether they received a COVID-19 booster shot as "gutless." DeSantis has repeatedly dodged questions about his booster status.

Coulter pounced on Trump over those comments in a tweet last week calling the former president a "liar and con man."

There's certainly going to be some popcorn eating entertainment if Trump ends up in a acrimonious contest for the nomination. As we know, Trump is not a sore loser and will congratulate DeSantis and let bygones be bygones.

Or watching DeSantis try not to stew over being derailed will be almost as fun.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 17th, 2022 at 5:10:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Roger Stone on the burgeoning Donny/FatSantis rivalry:

“I know where he was when he was missing”

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 17th, 2022 at 7:04:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: rxwine
The Deep State exists, but it is just ordinary people in the organization trying to keep the ship from completely self-destructing from chaotic idiots in charge like Trump.

When someone like Hitler took over, whatever good people who weren't already purged, or too afraid to do something, would try to prevent some of the madness from behind the scenes as best they could. That's the Deep State.

In a truly mad society, the idiot leader vilifies these people and tries to ferret them out. Besides if they were true saboteurs, it is much easier to just blow things up. They are actually trying to blunt the worst of the idiot's actions as best as they can.

In fact, a good example are the Republican officials responsible for certifying the election who stood up against the nutzballs claiming the election was stolen. Unfortunately, they couldn't stay in the background, so they became targets for removal.
January 18th, 2022 at 4:32:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
In fact, a good example are the Republican officials responsible for certifying the election who stood up against the nutzballs claiming the election was stolen. Unfortunately, they couldn't stay in the background, so they became targets for removal.

I'm pretty sure that one is out of the Stalin playbook, lucky for them we don't have Siberia. Perhaps Trump and Putin read up on 20th Century U.S.S.R. history between giving one another beejay's.