No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

February 25th, 2017 at 4:04:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Trump Breaks Annual Tradition: Will Not Attend White House Correspondents’ Dinner

"I will not be attending the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!” Trump tweeted about the event, which is also heavily attended by celebrities."

LOL! He just took any reason they had for
going away from them. The whole point
is to ridicule the president while he's
right there. He just took all the wind out
of their sails.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 25th, 2017 at 4:46:12 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: stinkingliberal
I get what you're saying, in that you don't want to see an inefficient asshole replaced by an efficient one. So let me change my wish a bit. I want to see Trump dead, shot by Mike Pence.

I got a couple of complaints about this post. Despite some strong feelings it counted as a death threat, I would equate it to the joke by Lindsey Graham below.

However, you made my job easier with this one:

Quote: stinkingliberal

KILL TRUMP
KILL TRUMP
KILL TRUMP
slowly
bloodily
messily
recorded on YouTube
Let's see if his blood is orange.

Sorry, but this is going too far. Since it doesn't break any existing forum rules, I'm going to have to invoke the nuclear option.

I suggest you ask me to delete it from the board. You know how to reach me. It is possible I'm going to get a knock on my door by the FBI and you know that I know your real name.

Let me say, for the record, that I repudiate the statement in the strongest way. However, in the interests of free speech and bring this long chapter to a close, I'll let everybody understand the reason for your demise on my forums. At least until you ask me to delete the evidence.

So long, SL, it has been good to know you. Peace be with you.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 25th, 2017 at 5:23:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
Sorry, but this is going too far. Since it doesn't break any existing forum rules, I'm going to have to invoke the nuclear option.

He wanted to get nuked, he doesn't do well
on boards where he can't troll to get an
emotional response out of people. I was
getting really tired of the hyperbole, it
wears you down.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 25th, 2017 at 6:14:46 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I got a couple of complaints about this post. Despite some strong feelings it counted as a death threat, I would equate it to the joke by Lindsey Graham below.

However, you made my job easier with this one:

I suggest you ask me to delete it from the board. You know how to reach me. It is possible I'm going to get a knock on my door by the FBI and you know that I know your real name.

Let me say, for the record, that I repudiate the statement in the strongest way. However, in the interests of free speech and bring this long chapter to a close, I'll let everybody understand the reason for your demise on my forums. At least until you ask me to delete the evidence.

So long, SL, it has been good to know you. Peace be with you.

Thanks Mike he caused more discord than his posts were worth.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 25th, 2017 at 6:59:11 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Despite some strong feelings it counted as a death threat, I would equate it to the joke by Lindsey Graham below.
Sl's posts regarding the death of our president was distasteful, but it made me think about when Sarah Palin had the ad putting a target on Abby Gifford before she was shot. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/24/sarah-palins-pac-puts-gun_n_511433.html And then I recalled that during Trumps campaign something about shooting HRC, http://www.politicususa.com/2016/08/09/time-weeks-trump-campaign-threatened-kill-hillary-clinton.html. So although I didn't like SL's post, I had to give it a big fat Meh, and skip on by?

But as always Mikes house, Mike's rules just saying he didn't do anything that hasn't been done before.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 25th, 2017 at 7:21:15 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
I think on WOV I was first one to say Mike's House. Mike's Rules. Larry S asked me on gambling forum if I now felt guilty about that. HaHa.
I am nuked on WOV because a minority owner, renting a room in Mikes house, was born without a sense of humor. Maybe one day medical science will be able to get him a transplant.
February 25th, 2017 at 7:26:29 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Trump Breaks Annual Tradition: Will Not Attend White House Correspondents’ Dinner

Donald is the biggest snowflake of them all. He can't handle someone making fun of him to his face, like Obama did at the dinner the day before Bin Laden was killed.

Alec Baldwin should play Donald at the dinner. Donald can watch on tv and hate tweet.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 25th, 2017 at 9:05:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
He wanted to get nuked, he doesn't do well
on boards where he can't troll to get an
emotional response out of people. I was
getting really tired of the hyperbole, it
wears you down.

I blocked him weeks ago. In 25 years on forums I doubt I have seen anyone try harder to get banned. How many Trump threads did he start? Talk about needing to get a life.
The President is a fink.
February 25th, 2017 at 11:57:27 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: petroglyph
Sl's posts regarding the death of our president was distasteful, but it made me think about when Sarah Palin had the ad putting a target on Abby Gifford before she was shot. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/24/sarah-palins-pac-puts-gun_n_511433.html

At the time, it was shown that targets were used in campaigns on both sides..

http://postonpolitics.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2010/04/08/democrats-our-bullseye-targets-on-house-districts-are-not-like-palins-crosshair-targets/

Agree or disagree, you can't pin that all on one side.

And then I recalled that during Trumps campaign something about shooting HRC, http://www.politicususa.com/2016/08/09/time-weeks-trump-campaign-threatened-kill-hillary-clinton.html. So although I didn't like SL's post, I had to give it a big fat Meh, and skip on by?

Trump said a lot of things that should not have been said. However, the issue here is that a member of the board said things that could lead to the board owner and members getting investigated. Not once, not twice, but all the time. The question in this case isn't whether or not Trump should be President; it is whether a certain behavior could draw unwanted attention to the board. SL either failed to comprehend that or failed to care. He listened to no one, most importantly the Wizard himself. Not liking Trump is one thing ; using the language he did is a step beyond.

But as always Mikes house, Mike's rules just saying he didn't do anything that hasn't been done before.

It doesn't matter whether it has been done before or not. Lots of people have drawn attention to themselves by saying silly things--like Madonna during the march--and people do get investigated for stuff that is said. It happens in every Presidency.
February 26th, 2017 at 12:31:52 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: RonC
Agree or disagree, you can't pin that all on one side.
Not trying to.

I have said before, I voted for Palin for governor. She was pretty good.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW