Passengers (movie)

Page 2 of 2<12
January 2nd, 2017 at 7:26:08 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
I saw only the first of the next three films, and it made blood come out of my eyes and ears it was so horrific.

Ironically, Ep. I is the least worst of the bunch. Bad accents aside, it does set things up and doesn't screw up much, though it goes on tangents. Spielberg's better at telling simple adventure stories, see Raiders of the Lost Ark (BTW, Reverse Goodwin Law: Indiana Jones movies are good only when he goes against Nazis). We never saw Indy having to win a drag race in order to advance the plot.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 2nd, 2017 at 11:26:50 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
Somehow I feel it would be unpatriotic or something to not like Star Wars.

The impulse is to say "there's nothing wrong in not liking Star Wars," but that feels sooooo wrong. What's next? It's ok to dislike Star Trek? Come now.

That aside, if you don't like Star Wars then don't see Star Wars. It's as simple as that.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 2nd, 2017 at 12:02:04 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: Wizard
You know, maybe you're right. I have tried to like Star Wars almost my entire life. The first one came out when I was 12 and I must admit I liked it at the time, but didn't love it. Same as the second one (to be released). However, I haven't really liked one since. I'm not sure if it the movies that changed or me. Probably some combination.

Somehow I feel it would be unpatriotic or something to not like Star Wars. Then again, I don't care for our National Anthem, the design of the flag, the design of the money, and I've questioned whether the civil war was worth fighting over.

Yes, Nareed, that is a very astute observation. Something to chew on.

The first couple (#s 4 and 5, I think) were decent enough. The rest of them, who cares? They're kids movies made for adults, right down to the wisecracking sidekicks.
Page 2 of 2<12