Game of Thrones

Page 10 of 12« First<789101112>
May 13th, 2019 at 12:40:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Kind of disappointed in this last season
Seems rushed and not as creative since they ran out of source material since the series is moving on past the books.
Take the golden company. After hearing about these warriors for years and now seeing them for the 1st time and getting blown to bits right away, what a let down. The weak way Cersei died. I know Arya left Bravos behind but I figured the faceless men would still have some involvement.
What a flip flop for the mother of dragons from the breaker of chains to burning innocent people. Hard to get my head around that. From the ultimate compassion for slaves to killing women and children.

I was listening to someone on NPR saying that all the power that the characters were striving for was a now properly a monster they had created and could no longer control and in that way it was actually satisfying.

I don't know if that makes any sense, I only watched a single episode so far of the whole series so far.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 13th, 2019 at 6:14:45 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I finally heard about the baby naming thing, and how the "strong" character that they named their babies after did horrific things.

Oops.

Best to wait till the stories are done before naming your babies.

I didn't make it past two DVDs of the series. Just not my thing. I heard it got better, but looking at the recent synopsis, inthin it just simply still isn't my thing.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 14th, 2019 at 4:58:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
This all reminds me of Lost
What a great series that dropped the ball for the final season
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 15th, 2019 at 11:45:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I'm actually enjoying the final season.

People actually expected this series to wrap up in a way they wanted? What show have they been watching for the past 7 seasons?!

I think Dany's descent into becoming the "mad queen" has been well plotted.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 15th, 2019 at 1:02:34 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I think Arya will be sitting on the Iron Throne when the dust settles.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 15th, 2019 at 1:09:06 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: FrGamble
I think Arya will be sitting on the Iron Throne when the dust settles.

I agree and made this call back on April 11 in this thread. Here is is.

My prediction.
Arya Stark ends up the hero. She never wanted the throne yet in the end, she wins the game of thrones.
She went from little girl to the bad ass character of the show
The Hound "Why aren't you back at Winterfell protecting her?"
Brienne of Tarth "The only one that needs protecting is the one that gets in her way"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 16th, 2019 at 1:35:36 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I still can't believe how this show is making headlines around the world and it seems to be making a fortune for a lot of actors and producers and. I guess, barristas at Starbucks. I wrote it off as Sopranos meet Middle Earth, but it seems the entire world has embraced it.
Is it the rape scenes, the violent females, the exotic locales?
May 16th, 2019 at 4:06:48 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Fleastiff
I still can't believe how this show is making headlines around the world and it seems to be making a fortune for a lot of actors and producers and. I guess, barristas at Starbucks. I wrote it off as Sopranos meet Middle Earth, but it seems the entire world has embraced it.
Is it the rape scenes, the violent females, the exotic locales?

Its a great story. George R R Martin is a creative genius right up there with Tolkien.
and its got dragons
May 16th, 2019 at 5:17:54 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
and its got dragons
Ordinarily that would be a complete turn-off for me, but I think I just saw a Rabbi running past me.

Fot those who are puzzled by the sudden appearance of a
Rabbi, See Tales of Sholem Alecem, A Village Not Far From Lublin.
May 17th, 2019 at 10:44:29 AM permalink
terapined
This looks pretty good
Documentary on the GOT
HBO will show it one week after the final episode

Page 10 of 12« First<789101112>