Page 2 of 2<12
September 26th, 2017 at 2:09:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
To be fair too few men want to be men.
Fair enough, never said it was easy.

Quote:
But I find the later a function of the former. MGTOW is s thing for a reason.
Similar: http://pageformen.com/

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/its-time-for-women-to-woman-up/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 26th, 2017 at 6:07:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

Not exactly PC but it does make two good points. One being that most men will not even look at a woman with another guy's kid or worse yet kids in tow. I had no desire. Didn't want my own kids, really never wanted someone else's. Women not only do not understand this, they outright get angry about it. Feminists and TV have told a generation of women they can "have it all" and "need a man like a fish needs a bicycle."

Life does not work like TV. You have 24 hours in a day, you cannot be in "a career" and some kind of perfect mom. If you are warehousing the kid in daycare, the kid is just another accessory. And you are not doing it "without a man" when you take 12-19% of his income as child support.

Trying to look attractive is a reality feminists do not want to face. Reality is guys who are better providers go for better looking women. They need not be perfect, but be 50 pounds overweight and you are not going to get your pick. For guys it is about money. You have a bottom-feeder job, the better women will pass.

It is little wonder I take what some call he Omega role and said the hell with it all.
The President is a fink.
September 27th, 2017 at 4:46:30 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
War on drugs:

Eighty percent of those who claim to be addicts are not addicted. Their withdrawal in jail cells is not an ordeal for them. Its not that they want to be 'on drugs' its more that they do not want to be off drugs. When off drugs their brains focus on problems: bad memories, hopelessness, depression, etc.

Only about twenty percent of addicts are truly addicted and go thru severe withdrawal and severe cravings.

Most drug 'overdoses' are adverse reactions to contaminants such as anthrax spores or to cutting agents including fentanyl and oxyfentanyl.

There is not much a rehab stint can do except tell you 'do not take drugs and then release you to your home and friends and neighborhood where everything revolves around drugs. Lifestyle, vocabulary, everything.

Twelve step programs are nonsense, have nowhere near a good success rate. Such programs are part of the lifestyle and are often attended by dealers recruiting new customers or roping in former customers. Residentail rehab programs are profitable largely because of the controlled drug market.

Patients are so valuable to residential rehab programs that free airline tickets are often given lure patients whose insurance can be milked with high rents and absurdly high testing fees. Once insurance is exhausted of course the patients get dumped.

Reports of first responders getting a strong high are usually fantasy totally unsupported by any rigorous investigation or analysis.

Most people turn to drugs due to past trauma or 'hopelessness' induced by lack of jobs and general lack of an 'American Dream Future'. If half the town is on welfare and the other half is working at minimum wage, marriage, kids, home ownership, decent wages are beyond hope and the result is: alcoholism, wife beating or drugs.
September 27th, 2017 at 6:38:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff
War on drugs:

Eighty percent of those who claim to be addicts are not addicted. Their withdrawal in jail cells is not an ordeal for them. Its not that they want to be 'on drugs' its more that they do not want to be off drugs. When off drugs their brains focus on problems: bad memories, hopelessness, depression, etc.

I'd mostly agree here except to say heorin and opiates do cause a physical addiction. So the 80% skews towards the pothead types to whom getting high is a hobby.

Quote:
There is not much a rehab stint can do except tell you 'do not take drugs and then release you to your home and friends and neighborhood where everything revolves around drugs. Lifestyle, vocabulary, everything.

Again, except for the opiates. But also breaking a habit. Some people need the dry-out time. Get they system unused to shooting heroin or smoking a joint everyday.

Quote:
Patients are so valuable to residential rehab programs that free airline tickets are often given lure patients whose insurance can be milked with high rents and absurdly high testing fees. Once insurance is exhausted of course the patients get dumped.

It is no accident Obamacare forces us to buy this coverage.
The President is a fink.
September 27th, 2017 at 7:20:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
I'd mostly agree here except to say heorin and opiates do cause a physical addiction. So the 80% skews towards the pothead types to whom getting high is a hobby.
NOPE. Until recent headlines most heroin addicts still met the 'detox w/o problems' category. An arrest made things annoying but not difficult or medically severe.

>>>>Again, except for the opiates. But also breaking a habit. Some people need the dry-out time. Get they system unused to shooting heroin or smoking a joint everyday. Ten days, thirty days, three days.... seems to make no difference in most addicts.

Fentanyl and oxyfentanyl changed things.

>>>>It is no accident Obamacare forces us to buy this coverage.
Its the blue cross program that most rehab mills love.

Slacker, Trainspotting one and two, Stella does Tricks are good movies to show the "cultural aspects" of drug use.
Giving thousands of dollars to rehab centers is foolish but perhaps giving it to the inmates might help.

The trouble is that if its "minimum wage drone" versus "drugged escape" most people choose escape. Or else they choose some weird fixation such as living with bears or wolves or saving whales or some other intense "opiate" for the pain of a useless life.
It used to be that local corporations provided a safety net but now all corporations are subsidiaries of somewhere else often foreign owned and answer to wall street not the chamber of commerce. So infrastructure suffers, wages are no longer artivicially high, no one pays much more than the minimum wage and drug dealing, drug delivery or drug suppression are the only money making games iin town.
September 27th, 2017 at 8:59:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman

The trouble is that if its "minimum wage drone" versus "drugged escape" most people choose escape. Or else they choose some weird fixation such as living with bears or wolves or saving whales or some other intense "opiate" for the pain of a useless life.
It used to be that local corporations provided a safety net but now all corporations are subsidiaries of somewhere else often foreign owned and answer to wall street not the chamber of commerce. So infrastructure suffers, wages are no longer artivicially high, no one pays much more than the minimum wage and drug dealing, drug delivery or drug suppression are the only money making games iin town.

Most of life is boring and useless. Some people deal with it and some start using dope. Funny thing is, once I realized it was mostly boring and useless it became more relaxing. Now I have fun seeing the mundane. Spent 2 hours last night watching half a dozen people off and on thinking their system was good for Roulette. I eventually explained it doesn't matter in that game, but made fun of it. Years ago I would have thought it the most boring night possible.
The President is a fink.
September 27th, 2017 at 9:09:25 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
NOPE. Until recent headlines most heroin addicts still met the 'detox w/o problems' category. An arrest made things annoying but not difficult or medically severe.
Whoever wrote this never detoxed off hi dose opiates, guaranteed.

Addicts I have known are only continuing to use, do to the fear of detoxing, [again]. They aren't using to get hi, they are using to not get sick. The pain lasts for weeks, non stop, and sleepless.

<<<not medically severe>>> maybe not, as long as the host is fairly youthful and in good health. Blood pressure spikes are insane. Writhing alone will throw your spine out of line.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 27th, 2017 at 1:02:35 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I posted PokerGirl's obituary on here long ago; she was my expert on drugs since, as a few of her emails to me revealed, she could tell I had never tried much less been addicted to any street drugs.'''

People WANT to detox with chemical assistance but do not necessarily need it. Kicking the habit is a phrase that comes from the leg jerking that process rarely the muscle jerks break bones.

Consider the massive numbers of drug addicted soldiers we had iin Vietnam, there were few real addicts
September 27th, 2017 at 3:19:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Most of life is boring and useless

That reminds me of the actor George
Sanders, who killed himself at 65 out
of boredom. His note said as much.
He was an admitted cad, rude to everyone.
He was married 4 times, one of them
was Zsa Zsa Gabor. He said of women:

”a woman is never worth what she costs, even if she costs nothing.”

I've always admired him for that, a bigger
truth was never spoken.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 2 of 2<12