4 votes (50%)
1 vote (12.5%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

November 27th, 2017 at 6:32:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Take it to a different thread my friend.

Sure, pick on a deceased woman.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 27th, 2017 at 7:30:28 PM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
Scarlett disapproves of being called
a dummy. Kills herself and does not
go to hell because hell doesn't exist.

It sure does...
November 27th, 2017 at 7:39:32 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Where is that in case someone tells me to go to Hell again.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 27th, 2017 at 7:52:53 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: FrGamble
Take it to a different thread my friend.

Amen.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 27th, 2017 at 8:41:04 PM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
Where is that in case someone tells me to go to Hell again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan
November 28th, 2017 at 6:59:07 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Mustard (Wiz)
Enters Kitchen
Suggests Mrs. White with Wrench in Kitchen
White (OD) can't disprove
Green (FrG) can't disprove
Peacock (og) disproves

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 28th, 2017 at 7:24:52 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
White (OD)
Enters Study
Suggests Mr. Green with Revolver in Study
Green (FrG) disproves

LOL. the waiting is killing me. One day, we might all be as dedicated as I am and have a speed game. Tell ya what: I'll bring beer and crisps, someone else bring doritos and dips and we all put our phone to voicemail for the duration.

Adicted? Me? Maybe. Been here waiting for the US to get out of bed.
November 28th, 2017 at 8:24:11 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: OnceDear
LOL. the waiting is killing me. One day, we might all be as dedicated as I am and have a speed game. Tell ya what: I'll bring beer and crisps, someone else bring doritos and dips and we all put our phone to voicemail for the duration.

Adicted? Me? Maybe. Been here waiting for the US to get out of bed.

You should have been here for the first few games before the web automation. We would be lucky to get 3 suggestions a day.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
November 28th, 2017 at 8:44:10 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Hmmm. I think I'm overthinking this, but...
I'm sure that all currently playing this game have studied or thought about tactics and that we are all analysing every bit of data revealed, such that things that can be known to us are known to us. I take that as a given, now EB has departed. The regular game strategies that I find online cover that as if it were the be all and end all

But we seem to have subtleties galore, with our wagers in place.
Then comes the deciding whether to eke out one absolute fact at each turn, at the expense of possibly gaining more knowledge, but putting more to chance.
E.g. if one had the card for the room he was in, he could suggest a weapon that he holds and be sure to locate a suspect card. But that's potentially just one elimination per move. Slow and steady while others lurch ahead. Besides, one would soon be revealing that as a strategy and implicitly indicating what cards he holds. Giving up information faster than gaining it.

So, as we progress, I find myself throwing a few 'what if' scenarios at my next suggestion. Using probabilities, a little, I try to maximise THE LIKELY quantity of data revealed to me. But then consider the probability of data revealed to my betting partner, and to a lesser extent to others.

And then there's the occasional decision to 'waste a move' by heading out towards another room, and when you get there, do you help or hinder another player by dragging him in there? Subtle?

I guess that what I'm saying is that childish game is far more subtle than I'd imagined.

It's rule set does remind me of sudoko in some ways, where we have to look at and analyse the available data as a whole and not simply run a set of rules sequentially against it.

For now, I have to admit I cannot evaluate probabilities here. E.g. I might have a fact such as either player x has the [insert murder weapon id] or it's in the envelope. But that doesn't strike me as a 50-50 proposition, because I cannot get a sum of probabilities of murder weapons to add up to 100%

Have I made clear my thinking there? Has anyone here extended the 'detective sheet' concept to include probability estimations? I have to say I tried, struggled and failed to.
November 28th, 2017 at 9:15:08 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
You should read the previous 11 games. They are quite entertaining, especially Game 10. I’ll see if I can find my spreadsheet for that game.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan