2 votes (25%)
1 vote (12.5%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

December 17th, 2017 at 8:00:30 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
Sexual assault is WRONG. Politics is meaningless to me in regards to sexual assault

With regard to Ruben Kihuen there are only allegations by adult women. They are not allegations of drugging and penetration. They are allegations of fondling and repeated requests for sex. In the normal world those allegations would have to be investigated.
December 17th, 2017 at 10:42:03 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Wizard
Let me save others the trouble by defining this:

A Pyrrhic victory (/ˈpɪrɪk/ (About this sound listen) PIRR-ik) is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way, though the heavy toll negates a true sense of achievement or profit. -- Wikipedia.

Would you be less likely to want to work with a woman in the workplace if she had made accusations of male impropriety if the allegations had not been proven?

Is there damage to the mans reputation, even if the accusations had never went beyond the water cooler?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 17th, 2017 at 11:45:14 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: petroglyph
Would you be less likely to want to work with a woman in the workplace if she had made accusations of male impropriety if the allegations had not been proven?

I would certainly be very careful about what I said and did in her presence. She might perceive it as the cold shoulder, but so be it.

Quote:
Is there damage to the mans reputation, even if the accusations had never went beyond the water cooler?

Depends on the man. Some men you just know are perverts. However, there are some overly-sensitive women too.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 17th, 2017 at 2:23:49 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Sumner Redstone is a multi billionaire and fifty years older than his girlfriend of five years. In 2015 he kicked out his girlfriend because he believed she is having a relationship with another man.

Her attorney issued the following statement to : "Sydney Holland and Sumner Redstone have had a caring and wonderful relationship for over five years. While Sydney would have liked the relationship to have lasted for many more years to come, relationships are dynamic and ever-changing and for a whole host of circumstances, the couple has parted ways."

However, there are some overly-sensitive women too.

I know it comes as a shock, but sometimes women say things with a objective in mind. That's why real police cases are investigated.

I think Ruben Kihuen is a valuable political target in a battleground district. The truth of the charges are difficult to ascertain.
December 17th, 2017 at 2:42:07 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Pacomartin
I think Ruben Kihuen is a valuable political target in a battleground district. The truth of the charges are difficult to ascertain.

This seems like a pure he said/she said case. In a case of 10 or 20 women singing the same tune, I'm inclined to believe the women.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 17th, 2017 at 3:37:09 PM permalink
Pacomartin
I'm inclined to believe the women.

I'm inclined to believe the women also, but it is still guesswork. There still has to be an investigation. We can't have a system that reacts to charges all by themselves. The prospect is horrifying.
Page 2 of 2<12