it was fast: 3,600 mph

Page 5 of 6« First<23456>
August 9th, 2019 at 1:47:12 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I've watched two new programs that are using the new videos provided by the Navy. One was put on by the History Channel and is wrapped up for now, the other has ongoing episodes on the Science Channel. You can skip them. Unfortunately, the same old tired way of producing these programs is still ongoing, as if the new things to investigate are no better than what was available previously. 

I guess I'd say my objection is that these programs can't get away from the tabloid nature they tend to have. To say they use pseudo-science is too harsh a charge perhaps, on the other hand it is not good science either, on the level that, say, a good newspaper would present.  

Maybe if you've never seen any of the interviews with the ex-military pilots and radar operators, the history channel program would be worth seeing once, they're probably showing reruns still. 

https://www.history.com/shows/unidentified-inside-americas-ufo-investigation
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 9th, 2019 at 2:29:48 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
I’m going with non-U.S. tech. The Russkies were bragging about their hypersonic payload platform. I don’t think this is much beyond what we are capable of today. C’mon, a guy just flew across the English Channel, almost non-stop, on a kerosene powered “hover-board. Hypersonic drones can’t be out of reach.
August 9th, 2019 at 5:18:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Ayecarumba
I’m going with non-U.S. tech. The Russkies were bragging about their hypersonic payload platform. I don’t think this is much beyond what we are capable of today. C’mon, a guy just flew across the English Channel, almost non-stop, on a kerosene powered “hover-board. Hypersonic drones can’t be out of reach.

Saw a story about some recent futuristic drawings from 1899 that were recently discovered. One was a passenger ship/ or sub, towed by a whale in a harness.

Just never know what they are going to come up with. : ]
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 11th, 2019 at 11:25:42 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Has anybody interviewed Robert Bigelow? The Navy UFO report notes that his company (which is headquartered in North Las Vegas) has some pieces recovered from some unidentified flying objects.

August 12th, 2019 at 8:57:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Ayecarumba
Has anybody interviewed Robert Bigelow? The Navy UFO report notes that his company (which is headquartered in North Las Vegas) has some pieces recovered from some unidentified flying objects.

Whats the scoop
Pieces originate on Earth. Yawn
Pieces not from Earth that are manufactured, story of the century

Whats he got?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 22nd, 2020 at 12:54:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: rxwine
My guess is 3, but with a caveat that it's still not what it seems. A useful military technology would be able to make your enemy see things that don't exist. A projection technology? I'd assume it's easier to create virtual projection than the actual objects moving in that way.

Aha, just saw this story. I put 2 and 2 together, and came up with 3.

Quote:
Now, Alexandru Hening at the Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific in San Diego, is using lasers to create an array of plasma columns in the air. These are rastered like the beam in an old cathode-ray screen to create two or three-dimensional images mid-air of ghost aircraft that can distract incoming missiles.

The patent describing the work was published in February, although it was filed in 2018. The exact status of the work and how close it is to operational deployment are not known. The US Navy did not respond to requests for comment.

In principle, by tuning the plasma used in such a device, any desired wavelength can be produced from radio to gamma rays, so the device could in theory be adapted to fool any future sensor. The challenge is likely to be producing a stable plasma with a powerful enough infrared output to be effective.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2241333-the-us-navy-patented-a-device-to-make-laser-ghost-planes-in-mid-air/#ixzz6KKFv5blB
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 21st, 2021 at 9:22:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Former National Security advisor John Ratcliff

Quote:
When we talk about sightings, the other thing I will tell you is, it's not just a pilot or just a satellite, or some intelligence collection,' Ratcliffe said.

'Usually we have multiple sensors that are picking up these things, and some of these are unexplained phenomenon, and there is actually quite a few more than have been made public.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/us-has-evidence-of-ufos-breaking-sound-barrier-without-a-sonic-boom/ar-BB1eOKmE?ocid=msedgntp
March 22nd, 2021 at 4:07:07 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/us-has-evidence-of-ufos-breaking-sound-barrier-without-a-sonic-boom/ar-BB1eOKmE?ocid=msedgntp

So, the skeptics questioned the lack of sonic boom, and after scratching their heads, the government responded 'Uh, yeah, we have evidence of UFO's breaking the sound barrier without creating a sonic boom'.

The nearest galaxy is 25,000 light years away. Traveling at the speed of light, it would take anything from that galaxy 25,000 years to get here.

Just another government disinformation campaign. This one designed to justify another multi-trillion spending package, supposedly to defend us against invading space aliens. Most, of which will go toward providing medical and housing benefits for illegal aliens.

Part of the Covid relief package signed by President Trump in December, requires U.S. Intelligence agencies to share what they know about UFO's by June 2021.

Should be more good news for LMT and NOC.
March 22nd, 2021 at 8:16:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Another galaxy? Why would they need to be from another galaxy? Ours is pretty big. Or are aliens from another galaxy, illegal aliens?
April 16th, 2021 at 7:42:04 PM permalink
rxwine
More details released.

Quote:
"The Task Force reports noted that the objects were able to remain stationary in high winds, with no movement, beyond the capability of known balloons or drones,"

Quote:
A spokesman for the task force says the sightings occur on a frequent basis in different areas of the country and different areas of the world.
Page 5 of 6« First<23456>