4 votes (66.66%)

6 members have voted

February 7th, 2018 at 8:05:33 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: miplet
From both.

You're right. Thanks for the correction.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 8th, 2018 at 1:11:29 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
my graph of shame looks hopeless, like being a stock that then is on a decline and watching its graph take a few upticks but is still just consistently heading for the basement
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 8th, 2018 at 2:33:53 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Well done Wiz,
That was one tough cookie of a game. Though I had only explicitly got the day, I had strong evidence to suggest the accusation that eventually won. Last night I had plodded through my notes again and gleaned all i could, but didn't think there was quite enough for anyone else to win either without some guessing, so I hoped to awake to an easy call.
Found the note taking pretty tough, but found reading the intent and direction of the opposition even tougher. I was frustrated in trying to prove the room. I should have trusted my gut on that.
ODG, don't be disheartened by the chart. You will recover.
February 8th, 2018 at 10:40:15 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: odiousgambit
my graph of shame looks hopeless, like being a stock that then is on a decline and watching its graph take a few upticks but is still just consistently heading for the basement

I apologize, I never meant to rub a bad record in anyone's face with the graph of shame. I would use it motivation to up your game. You may recall I was on tilt during my long losing streak and I thought about quitting permanently. Instead, I thought about marginal ways to improve my chances and since then I'm at least holding my position lately. As you know, I shared some specifics by PM.

Quote: OnceDear
Well done Wiz,
That was one tough cookie of a game. Though I had only explicitly got the day, I had strong evidence to suggest the accusation that eventually won. Last night I had plodded through my notes again and gleaned all i could, but didn't think there was quite enough for anyone else to win either without some guessing, so I hoped to awake to an easy call.
Found the note taking pretty tough, but found reading the intent and direction of the opposition even tougher. I was frustrated in trying to prove the room. I should have trusted my gut on that.
ODG, don't be disheartened by the chart. You will recover.

Yes, that was indeed a difficult game to keep straight. I made a small error on my detective pad early on, which didn't catch up to me until round 7. Then I had to go back to the beginning and carefully redo it. I think this is the first game where I knew for sure who had which cards apart from some missing information on the rooms.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 8th, 2018 at 11:55:06 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Thanks, the steady diet of humble pie is possibly good for me, but the visual demonstration is like adding a whipping to it as well
February 9th, 2018 at 6:38:51 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Congrats, Wizard!

OG, don't give up on it. An awful lot depends on luck and position, neither of which you can affect. No disrespect to any winner meant.

Luck or position, for example, determines how fast your cards get revealed to an opponent, or even everybody.

Luck or position determines whether one of your held cards remains hidden because it was guessed in a suggestion, but someone ahead of you had another card in the suggestion and blocked the reveal of yours.

Luck or position is essential in 2 ways on the answer cards: if your character is quickly revealed, you don't get pulled all over the board (which can break either way). Similarly, if you ARE the murderer, it can be to your advantage or not to get called in everywhere.

And where you start the game vs. the actual murder room turns out to be can be huge.

So don't get down on your game. The luck part helps to keep it interesting, but still frustrates.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 9th, 2018 at 1:38:00 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: beachbumbabs
No disrespect to any winner

so let me spread some disrespect for you,

just kidding, and thanks for the support
Page 8 of 8« First<5678