I Love Youtube

September 7th, 2019 at 10:25:23 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
good grief, Nats vs Mets tomorrow is only on youtube!

Not going to watch it on a computer, for one thing I always record them even if I watch them 'nearly' live on just a short delay. I could still watch it on TV if I wanted to go through some hoops [not sure about cost] and record that ... but not jumping through them.

I don't know about that game, but usually if it's a live stream, you can watch it from the beginning anytime after its started. And stop and start as you wish.

I think transmitting from your computer to TV is just a chord connection. Probably $25 at Best Buy. (I may be wrong on that though)

I love my chromecast. $35 anywhere, though mine are 1st Gen and these are 3rd. Run it thru your wifi, your phone is the remote, the stick plugs into a USB port in the tv.

Everything casts with one touch except Amazon prime. With them, you just cast the phone screen while playing the movie. I think this is because Amazon sells Firestick, which does the same job. But netflix, youtube, hbo, most other stuff works great.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
September 7th, 2019 at 10:34:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
That's because you were a kid in the
70's. In the 50's it was a huge deal
because we weren't yet jaded by
what TV was to become, and by
the 70's nothing on TV was a big
deal anymore.

Maybe or maybe not. I was one of those ones who never liked being a kid and never liked "kid stuff." To this day I can see that I do not enjoy places like Disney the way other people do, and never did.

On the poppies funny story. A nephew of mine said when he grows up he wants to work on a puppy farm. I thought he said "poppy farm." Talk about a WTF moment.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2019 at 10:24:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You got to be nuts, clueless, or have a Deathwish to ride this out in a house.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 11th, 2019 at 6:54:53 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman
TRIVIA: The guards chant "All we owe, we owe her!" I did not know this until a talk show host said it, and he mentioned you could never make it out. I even put the CC on when that was a new thing and the subtitles just said "guards chant."

I did not know that. I always thought they were saying something like "oly - o - eeeeooo - o."

Quote:
Does anyone else wonder about the witch using poppies (percursor to heroin and opium) to put them to sleep outside OZ?

I took that to be a joking reference to opium.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 11th, 2019 at 7:10:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
I did not know that. I always thought they were saying something like "oly - o - eeeeooo - o."

It is like that. Phonetically it would be Allllweeeooooweooooo her. I used to try to figure it out every year, never could.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2019 at 10:08:21 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Apparently the screenplay says "O-Ee-Yah! Eoh-Ah!"

http://thewizardofoz.info/wiki/The_Movie_-_Trivia_and_Miscellany
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 11th, 2019 at 10:44:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Now you're reminding me of the 7 dwarves song and its derivatives.

I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go.

(Hi Ho)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 11th, 2019 at 11:52:31 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I hate you all. There's a song that this reminds me of and I can't bleeding find it. I've been listening to Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine all gd day now, and I just hate you all.

ETA: No, it's not "Jungle Love" gd it

ETA: It's not Prince's "It's Gonna Be a Beautiful Night". God, I hate you all.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 11th, 2019 at 12:41:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
I hate you all. l.

So how is this different
than any other day. Hating
on us and chain smoking
Marboro's. You're that old
lady that lived next to us
in the 50's who never bathed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 16th, 2019 at 3:25:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I'm hooked on the Live PD videos
from the live show. Over 1000 of
them on Utube. I especially like
ones where they taze guys and
they scream like little girls. My
schaden gets really tweaked, I
grin ear to ear..

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.