I Love Youtube

August 30th, 2019 at 11:22:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Here is why YouTube is great. I'm on the phone with my brother discussing boat ramps and we wonder how they build them.

BOOM!

The President is a fink.
August 30th, 2019 at 9:25:34 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Pacomartin
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5768213/Spencer-Pratt-strips-naked-yoga-new-series-transforming-bad-boy-healing-guru.html

Spencer Pratt has you beat

OMG, so gay*
I just threw up in my mouth! 🤢🤮
Not that there's anything wrong with that
September 3rd, 2019 at 12:10:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 3rd, 2019 at 5:54:26 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
good grief, Nats vs Mets tomorrow is only on youtube!

Not going to watch it on a computer, for one thing I always record them even if I watch them 'nearly' live on just a short delay. I could still watch it on TV if I wanted to go through some hoops [not sure about cost] and record that ... but not jumping through them.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 3rd, 2019 at 6:41:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
good grief, Nats vs Mets tomorrow is only on youtube!

Not going to watch it on a computer, for one thing I always record them even if I watch them 'nearly' live on just a short delay. I could still watch it on TV if I wanted to go through some hoops [not sure about cost] and record that ... but not jumping through them.

I don't know about that game, but usually if it's a live stream, you can watch it from the beginning anytime after its started. And stop and start as you wish.

I think transmitting from your computer to TV is just a chord connection. Probably $25 at Best Buy. (I may be wrong on that though)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 3rd, 2019 at 11:49:31 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Dish TV, which we have, has a youtube channel along with other channels that you have to have your TV hooked up to the internet in order to use ... there may not be a subscription cost for youtube, but there is for Pandora, for example.

We had the TV hooked up to the internet at one point. I felt it was possible we were getting hacked. One event in particular had me wondering, one day we woke up to find all of our saved recordings for the Dish DVR had been permanently deleted. They sent us a new box to make sure it wasn't the problem in itself and I just have declined to hook back up to the internet. So I'm not watching youtube on it!

There are lot of devices in the home that hook up to the internet now, most seem silly to me, like the refrigerators that do. Articles that I have seen claim they are easily and commonly hacked. They can make these devices do nefarious stuff.

The Dish TV DVR system saves the programs you record on "the box". If you are hooked up to the internet, you do not get the service of having those programs saved "in the cloud". If that were to change I might go back to it.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 7th, 2019 at 1:44:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Fascinating video. I haven't seen all of
it, but I'm sure they left out what a
pain the ass some of 'little people'
were on set. They were drunk half
the time, grabbing Judy's ass and
making off color remarks.

The WoO was a huge deal in the
50's. It was shown on TV once a
year around Tgiving. We always
watched it as a family and witch
scared us to death. I had nightmares
about her.

I never saw it in color till 1970 when
I bought a color TV. It blew me
away. I still remember my reaction
when Dorothy opend the door and
the world is in Technicolor.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 7th, 2019 at 4:13:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Fascinating video. I haven't seen all of
it, but I'm sure they left out what a
pain the ass some of 'little people'
were on set. They were drunk half
the time, grabbing Judy's ass and
making off color remarks.

The WoO was a huge deal in the
50's. It was shown on TV once a
year around Tgiving. We always
watched it as a family and witch
scared us to death. I had nightmares
about her.

I never saw it in color till 1970 when
I bought a color TV. It blew me
away. I still remember my reaction
when Dorothy opend the door and
the world is in Technicolor.

When I was a kid it was on a few weeks before Easter. Once or twice in Catholic school they tied Lent to the Yellow Brick Road as instruction to us. I remember IIRC sometime in the 1990s CBS promos that it would be the last year for the annual broadcast, I guess they had a 50 year contract not renewed.

Thing is, I never really cared for it the way so many people seem to. It became a kids movie if not released that way. Maybe I have seen it so many years, though even as a kid I did not look forward to it, it was just on.

TRIVIA: The guards chant "All we owe, we owe her!" I did not know this until a talk show host said it, and he mentioned you could never make it out. I even put the CC on when that was a new thing and the subtitles just said "guards chant."

Does anyone else wonder about the witch using poppies (percursor to heroin and opium) to put them to sleep outside OZ?
The President is a fink.
September 7th, 2019 at 9:00:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman

Does anyone else wonder about the witch using poppies (percursor to heroin and opium) to put them to sleep outside OZ?

As a kid, I remember wondering where these poppies might be. I think I even thought it might be possible to fall asleep walking into a field of too many flowers for awhile.
September 7th, 2019 at 10:17:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
hing is, I never really cared for it the way so many people seem to.

That's because you were a kid in the
70's. In the 50's it was a huge deal
because we weren't yet jaded by
what TV was to become, and by
the 70's nothing on TV was a big
deal anymore.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.