I Love Youtube

July 24th, 2021 at 9:08:19 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146

Fair warning, you might have to listen to it ten, or so, times before you start to like it.

I made it to 28 seconds before I turned it off. In what Universe does this pass for music. Shudder..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 24th, 2021 at 9:40:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
I made it to 28 seconds before I turned it off. In what Universe does this pass for music. Shudder..

Haha! I wouldn't have expected you to like it! I'm quite eclectic in my musical tastes.

If you made it to 28 seconds, you must have dug the hook, at least.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 24th, 2021 at 9:43:44 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I was also, "What the hell is this?"

And, so curious that I listened again.

And again.

Then...slowly but surely...started to love it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 26th, 2021 at 5:04:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
You can find the occasional good movie on YT. I like "business movies" like "Wall Street." This one is "Rouge Trader" and has a few lessons. One, it reminds me of my days in lower management where the upper management wanted things done no matter what so people played games or just said what they wanted to hear to keep things quiet for a bit. And sometimes the upper managers did not even know what was going on. Once our regional manager heard us say do do a thing and he said, "NO!" then we told him that is how we were told to do it. Handed him the memo. This guy takes all that to a whole new level.

Second, this is the worst martingale wipeout of all time. Brought down a hundreds of years old bank! All because the money appeared to be flowing in and the top managers were happy the numbers worked. Like VW diesel to Enron, they were all fake, though.

The President is a fink.
July 26th, 2021 at 2:54:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
You can find the occasional good movie on YT. I like "business movies" like "Wall Street." This one is "Rouge Trader" a

Made in 1999 the same year as the big tech bust.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 26th, 2021 at 3:05:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Made in 1999 the same year as the big tech bust.

Happened about 1994. I joked with a buddy about what his next job interview would be like.

"Tell me about your last trading job."
"Well, I affected my fund by over 100% and everyone said they never saw results like mine!"
The President is a fink.
July 27th, 2021 at 12:38:54 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Hmm
Instead of eating in, I think I'll take a to go order
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 31st, 2021 at 7:25:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I just heard that among people under 20 the biggest thing they watch on YouTube is video games! It is a plurality not a majority but it is something like 20% of uploads. I cannot imagine something more boring to watch.
The President is a fink.
July 31st, 2021 at 7:30:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
I just heard that among people under 20 the biggest thing they watch on YouTube is video games! It is a plurality not a majority but it is something like 20% of uploads. I cannot imagine something more boring to watch.

I honestly would have thought the same thing, but I rather enjoy watching, "Speedruns," of retro video games. Of course, those have a competitive element to them as players are vying for the world records, and I don't watch attempts, just successful world records and videos breaking down how they did it.

Many of the videos you are referring to are just people playing various shooting (or other) games and often not trying to accomplish anything in particular. Personally, I don't see the appeal, either.

You probably shouldn't take my advice on what is good entertainment. I don't see the appeal of NBA basketball, but I do see the appeal of MetRX World's Strongest Man and enjoy watching both sexes in that competition.
July 31st, 2021 at 7:37:24 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Wait a minute, did you get that from the, "World According to Briggs," video? I just watched that last night!