I Love Youtube

July 31st, 2021 at 7:39:30 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
I just heard that among people under 20 the biggest thing they watch on YouTube is video games! It is a plurality not a majority but it is something like 20% of uploads. I cannot imagine something more boring to watch.

i used to think that too. i see my son on the couch 'playing" a video game. i ask him about it and he said he is just watching others playing. I was completely confused. why would anyone do that? that evening it clicked for me. why do i watch other people play sports on tV? I think it is probably the same for him and video games.

At that point I realized that his waste of time is no different than mine.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 31st, 2021 at 7:43:55 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
i used to think that too. i see my son on the couch 'playing" a video game. i ask him about it and he said he is just watching others playing. I was completely confused. why would anyone do that? that evening it clicked for me. why do i watch other people play sports on tV? I think it is probably the same for him and video games.

So...he watches because he's middle-aged, slightly overweight and consequently sucks at video games now? I mean, that's why I watch NFL...I watch it because I essentially can't play.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 31st, 2021 at 8:08:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Wait a minute, did you get that from the, "World According to Briggs," video? I just watched that last night!

Correct, sir. I was just too lazy to post the link.
The President is a fink.
July 31st, 2021 at 8:14:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich

So...he watches because he's middle-aged, slightly overweight and consequently sucks at video games now? I mean, that's why I watch NFL...I watch it because I essentially can't play.

The more close one I have heard is watching poker on TV. I was dating a girl when the poker boom was just starting and she asked if I was really watching people play cards. Part of that, though, was to learn how to play. I knew 5 card draw as a kid but back then Hold'em was a new thing.

Sports I more get. I do not watch much anymore and I only watch for betting, but I used to love football. It was the chess game thing, how will the strategy lay out.

I guess it is just the new generation thing to watch video games. Does not mean I do not think it is nuts.
The President is a fink.
July 31st, 2021 at 8:24:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Only game I play is Civilization VI. It's fairly complex and I have watched others who know how to play on Youtube.

I couldn't find how many elements there are to learn to know it fluently, but it feels like about 8000.

Fortunately you can play on many general principles without knowing all, but it would really help if you did. And they offer different levels of difficulty.

edit- changed IV to VI
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 31st, 2021 at 10:24:37 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I totally stopped following politics in January after it was proved the election was stolen. I accidentally ran across this on YouTube and it's nice to see that the joke we have as a president has not changed. So glad I don't follow this crap anymore.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 31st, 2021 at 10:57:46 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
I totally stopped following politics in January after it was proved the election was stolen. I accidentally ran across this on YouTube and it's nice to see that the joke we have as a president has not changed. So glad I don't follow this crap anymore.

Republicans have absolutely lost their minds! They're worried about Biden lying?

We're talking about the sort of lies that are harmless and funny.

Hell, he might not even be lying.. It could simply be that, somewhere in that dementia-addled brain of his, to him, the event actually DID HAPPEN that way now. Maybe he had a dream about it, but then interpreted the dream to be an actual memory when he woke up. Maybe he doesn't even know when he's awake or asleep anymore.

And...he'd still be better than Trump.

Biden is basically just a fundamentally kind-hearted person whose sanity has slipped away, Trump only has one of those two qualities---I'll let you guess which one.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 31st, 2021 at 12:16:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I totally stopped following politics in January after it was proved the election was stolen.

These posts bring a warm tingle to my heart.

Does this mean you will never vote again? 🙏
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 31st, 2021 at 1:23:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

We're talking about the sort of lies that are harmless and funny.

Just the kind of lies a grandpa tells in the nursing home. I agree, they are perfectly harmless, for a grandpa in a nursing home. For the leader of the Free World, I think it's not quite as funny and harmless. But what do I know no, I don't follow politics anymore.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 1st, 2021 at 5:35:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Just the kind of lies a grandpa tells in the nursing home. I agree, they are perfectly harmless, for a grandpa in a nursing home. For the leader of the Free World, I think it's not quite as funny and harmless. But what do I know no, I don't follow politics anymore.

The nice thing about being the leader of the Free World is that the standards are not quite as high as they used to be. You just have to be the Grandpa in the nursing home that your family actually wants to visit to be considered acceptable.