August 26th, 2019 at 1:49:38 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Thank you guys for the advice! :D
August 26th, 2019 at 2:29:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: KNathan
Any tips for me for tomorrow's Jury Duty? :/ :) I guess what I just did could be considered a nervous smile.

1. Read my blog entries on when I went.

2. Remember your number. Remember to stand and sit when the judge rolls in.

3. It is not "Law and Order." Some things are just like TV, the rest are not. You have to draw a conclusion and you have to be reaonable. As an example take the OJ civil trial when they looked at his brand of shoes. They had a pic of him on a football field wearing them when he was at NBC. They looked at a magnifying glass, etc, and compared them. All but one juror saw it, the other had her mind made up to let him off, said she could not see the brand name so would not agree they were the same.

So, if you have 9/10 things on one item the guy may be innocent. If it is 9/10 over and over, you have to realize it is not TV, Sarah Sidle is not going to crack it beyond doubt, and go with what you know.
The President is a fink.
August 26th, 2019 at 4:44:29 AM permalink
KNathan
Well, it is officially D-Day! Or is that D-Time? ;) I am walking into the Juror Room as I type this! ;)
August 26th, 2019 at 7:32:17 AM permalink
KNathan
Quote: AZDuffman
1. Read my blog entries on when I went.

2. Remember your number. Remember to stand and sit when the judge rolls in.

3. It is not "Law and Order." Some things are just like TV, the rest are not. You have to draw a conclusion and you have to be reaonable. As an example take the OJ civil trial when they looked at his brand of shoes. They had a pic of him on a football field wearing them when he was at NBC. They looked at a magnifying glass, etc, and compared them. All but one juror saw it, the other had her mind made up to let him off, said she could not see the brand name so would not agree they were the same.

So, if you have 9/10 things on one item the guy may be innocent. If it is 9/10 over and over, you have to realize it is not TV, Sarah Sidle is not going to crack it beyond doubt, and go with what you know.

I'm kind of reminded of the Jury Duty Family Guy episode where 11 Jurors said a guy was Guilty but Steven Q. Urkel felt in his gut that the defendant was innocent. They were not allowed to go home until they got a Unanimous Guilty/ Innocent Verdict. They were ready to Strangle Steve because he was the only one who felt the guy was Innocent. Steve stuck to his guns and was able to prove that the Defendant was Innocent by proving that the Baliff manipulated the tape and put the Defendants face on the Camera. Steve had dome some scientific Rewind thing and it showed that the BALIFF was the real Bank Robber. The Baliff was arrested and the Defendant was free to go. The 11 Jurors acknowledged that Steve saved an innocent man's freedom and that he proved them wrong.
August 26th, 2019 at 8:25:40 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Pure Hollywood.
August 26th, 2019 at 8:40:36 AM permalink
KNathan
Hey, we are on lunch right now! :D So hungry! :D
August 26th, 2019 at 9:48:51 AM permalink
KNathan
Talk about good timing! I was a LITTLE late from lunch and I came back SECONDS before my name was called for the line after lunch . :)
August 26th, 2019 at 1:08:28 PM permalink
KNathan
Well, to quote Beyonce songs for my jury duty today, "To the left, you get dismissed." Mash up of two different Beyonce songs. ;)
August 31st, 2019 at 12:09:07 PM permalink
KNathan
It's time to let AMS out of the Doghouse, Wizard! :D
September 2nd, 2019 at 11:59:49 AM permalink
KNathan
Contemplating making a tough business decision. I gave someone an old house after I was evicted from it that was beautiful and told him to not let go to ruins. This guy is a nice and sweet guy, which is why I gave him the old house. Hee agreed to not let it gp to ruins...He hasn't visited it in like 2 months. It is in in ruins now which he was not supposed to let happen. I had another potential buyer who is more of a tough business guy who wanted to have it but I had already given it to the first guy. The other potential buyer could have made it GREAT. Now that the first guy let it go to ruins and hasn't even visited this old house in like two months I am wondering if I should make the tough business decision to take the old house from the furst giy who has done absolutely NOTHING withbthe old house for about two months and give it to the other potential buyer who could make it GREAT. :/
Page 18 of 21« First<15161718192021>