Theology

Page 3 of 4<1234>
April 13th, 2019 at 4:19:38 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: pew
Your'e right it's a f**king belief get the f**k over it.

What a fine example you set of the faith.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 13th, 2019 at 7:29:46 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Wizard
What a fine example you set of the faith.
What do you mean? That it's not a belief? Of course it is.
April 14th, 2019 at 6:15:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: pew
Your'e right it's a f**king belief get the f**k over it.

I wish he would, but he feels the need to go on a rant if he hears the word "God." Almost as you see a vampire do at the sight of a cross.
The President is a fink.
April 14th, 2019 at 9:56:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
I wish he would, but he feels the need to go on a rant if he hears the word "God."

Only when people make declarative
statements with no proof to back
them up, like it's a universal truth
or something. That's how the god
religions caused so much havoc
in the first place.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 14th, 2019 at 9:59:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Only when people make declarative
statements with no proof to back
them up, like it's a universal truth
or something. That's how the god
religions caused so much havoc
in the first place.

You mean like the declarative statement that no God exists, which you cannot back up?

We know you are an atheist. We heard you the first 100 times. If you have no new material, how about letting it go?
The President is a fink.
April 14th, 2019 at 10:47:14 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
You mean like the declarative statement that no God exists, which you cannot back up?

We know you are an atheist. We heard you the first 100 times. If you have no new material, how about letting it go?
I find it inspiring that Bob has the guts to say that there is no god in front of the world. I've learned a lot from his posts.

I do believe though, if you really believed, you would be down at the border with the Pope welcoming in all comers.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 14th, 2019 at 11:02:37 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83

Here's the thing, from my perspective -- if Person X makes a declarative statement, they must have evidence to prove their statement
Person Y declaring the inverse of Person X's declarative statement needs no evidence - it is up to Person X to prove the claim
It is akin to "innocent until proven guilty" - the prosecutor alleges a crime and must prove that the defendant committed said crime - it is not up to the defendant to prove his innocence
April 14th, 2019 at 12:01:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: aceofspades
Here's the thing, from my perspective -- if Person X makes a declarative statement, they must have evidence to prove their statement
Person Y declaring the inverse of Person X's declarative statement needs no evidence - it is up to Person X to prove the claim
It is akin to "innocent until proven guilty" - the prosecutor alleges a crime and must prove that the defendant committed said crime - it is not up to the defendant to prove his innocence

So Bob made a statement that there is no God. Let him prove it.
The President is a fink.
April 14th, 2019 at 12:03:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph

I do believe though, if you really believed, you would be down at the border with the Pope welcoming in all comers.

Why? What does a border have to do with a belief in God?

The Pope sits behind a wall himself, so I do not listen to him say we should have open borders.
The President is a fink.
April 14th, 2019 at 12:33:09 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
So Bob made a statement that there is no God. Let him prove it.

You cannot prove a negative
The positive must be proven and, aside from asserting "faith", which is not proof, the existence of "God" cannot be proven
Page 3 of 4<1234>