It: Chapter Two

Page 3 of 4<1234>
July 28th, 2019 at 8:52:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Just save some time and tell us how bad Wonder Woman 1984 is.

They made a sequel? Good god. I'll
never see it. Chris Pine was the best
part of the first one and they killed
him off.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 29th, 2019 at 4:54:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
They made a sequel? Good god. I'll
never see it. Chris Pine was the best
part of the first one and they killed
him off.

Chris Pine is in the sequel... somehow.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 29th, 2019 at 6:19:56 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Well, in the TV series, Lyle Waggoner played Steve Trevor. The show was set in the 1940s.

After season one ended, CBS picked up the show from ABC, under the condition that they reduce the costs of producing a period piece, by fast-forwarding to the current time.

In the 2nd and 3rd season, set in the 1970's, Lyle Waggoner played Steve Trevor... Jr.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 29th, 2019 at 7:08:06 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Did they ever explain on the tv show how hey went from the 1940s to he 1970s with nobody getting older. Wonder Woman I can buy, but Steve Trevor and the secretary who was jealous of Diana?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 29th, 2019 at 1:16:41 PM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: Wizard
Did they ever explain on the tv show how hey went from the 1940s to he 1970s with nobody getting older. Wonder Woman I can buy, but Steve Trevor and the secretary who was jealous of Diana?

Wonder Woman is immortal/ages very slowly if at all.
Steve Trevor was replaced on the show by Steve Trevor Jr, thus the seeming lack of age change there.
Lynda Carter and Lyle Waggoner were the only cast retained for season 2, afaik.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 5th, 2019 at 7:23:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Just got back from one of the first showings.

Not as good as the first one (never expected it to be - the section of the book with the Losers as adults isn't as compelling as the kids stuff). Still enjoyable if you're a Stephen King fan.

Didn't feel *too* long at 2 hrs 45 mins, but still could have probably used some trimming. They added lots of flashbacks to the kids having more encounters with "it" that weren't in the book. I kept thinking, "if this happened, why didn't they just show it in the first movie?" But they were pretty cool sequences so I'm not really complaining.

They filmed this 2 years after the first one, so some of the child actors had aged significantly which means there is some really bad CGI de-aging effects on a couple of the them in a few scenes that I found distracting.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 5th, 2019 at 7:46:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
Just got back from one of the first showings.

Not as good as the first one

And the first one SUCKED. If you
think the first one was great,
please list the great things because
I missed all of them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 5th, 2019 at 7:54:21 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
I’m looking forward to this.

After first watching the TV movie several years ago, I wondered what was up with the weird tension between the characters in part II. Then I read the book and realized that was a homage to the weird pre-teen sewer orgie.

I think Stephan King may have written that on one of his cocaine/alcohol benders.
September 5th, 2019 at 8:10:53 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Dalex64
Steve Trevor was replaced on the show by Steve Trevor Jr, thus the seeming lack of age change there.

I did not know that. Thank you. How did you know?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 6th, 2019 at 5:18:11 AM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: Wizard
I did not know that. Thank you. How did you know?

Wonder Woman has been on a rerun network. I always remembered the show, from watching it when I was a teen, being in modern times, and then eventually they introduced really cheesy computers/cute robot with flashing lights.

The rerun I saw was clearly set in WWII, but Steve Trevor was in it. That got me curious so I searched the internet. I think the Wikipedia article has most everything that I found.
Page 3 of 4<1234>