It: Chapter Two

Page 4 of 4<1234
September 6th, 2019 at 8:04:11 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Dalex64
Wonder Woman has been on a rerun network. I always remembered the show, from watching it when I was a teen, being in modern times, and then eventually they introduced really cheesy computers/cute robot with flashing lights.

The rerun I saw was clearly set in WWII, but Steve Trevor was in it. That got me curious so I searched the internet. I think the Wikipedia article has most everything that I found.

Thanks. The Wiki page on Lyle Waggoner confirms he played both Steve Trevor and Steve Trevor Jr. on the show.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 6th, 2019 at 8:11:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
Wonder Woman has been on a rerun network. I always remembered the show, from watching it when I was a teen, being in modern times, and then eventually they introduced really cheesy computers/cute robot with flashing lights.

The rerun I saw was clearly set in WWII, but Steve Trevor was in it. That got me curious so I searched the internet. I think the Wikipedia article has most everything that I found.

IIRC I read once that "Wonder Woman" was set around WWII and almost always had a Nazi bad guy/setting. While not canceled, it returned as "The New Adventures of Wonder Woman" set in modern times (1970s) with WW's day job as working on mainframe computers that were as big as a room.

FWIW I have not seen the 1940s setting in reruns ever.
The President is a fink.
September 6th, 2019 at 8:55:42 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: AZDuffman
IIRC I read once that "Wonder Woman" was set around WWII and almost always had a Nazi bad guy/setting. While not canceled, it returned as "The New Adventures of Wonder Woman" set in modern times (1970s) with WW's day job as working on mainframe computers that were as big as a room.

FWIW I have not seen the 1940s setting in reruns ever.

That's right.

It's currently being broadcast on "MeTV" Saturdays at 7
https://www.metv.com/shows/wonder-woman

Season 1 was set in the 1940's, produced by Warner Brothers, originally broadcast on ABC.

MeTV shows episodes from all three seasons - that's the network where I first saw the 1940's episodes.

The show had a catchy theme song.
Goofy/corny lyrics like "Make a hawk a dove, Stop a war with love" and "Stop a bullet cold, Make the Axis fold", a line they had to change when moving into the 70's.

Here's the paragraph on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(TV_series) about their move from ABC to CBS along with their move from the 1940's to the 1970's

Quote:
Despite good ratings for the series, ABC stalled on picking up the show for a second season. This was because Wonder Woman was a period piece, being set in the 1940s, which made the set, clothing, automobiles, etc. more expensive to produce. While ABC had not yet committed, the show's production company Warner Bros. listened to an offer from rival network CBS. While ABC continued to make up its mind, CBS agreed to pick up the series on condition that the setting be changed from World War II (the 1940s) to the modern day (the 1970s). Changing the title to The New Adventures of Wonder Woman, the series was moved away from international intrigue to a more conventional police/detective action-type show that was more common in the 1970s.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 26th, 2023 at 1:58:30 PM permalink
alexsmith12
Threads: 0
The follow-up to a gripping film version of Stephen King's magnificent book was nothing less than exceptional. The characters played by the outstanding cast members were, quite simply, real, adding a touching quality to one of the most well-known horror movies of all time. The movie more than made up for what it lacked in jump scares and audience dread with superb humour and genuine emotion. Yet I never would have contemplated viewing "IT" or its 2019 sequel until I read King's book. I don't usually enjoy horror films, but seeing "IT" and It: Chapter 2 significantly changed my attitude towards them.<a href="https://techemirate.com/cash-store-survey-www-cashstore-survey-com/">.</a>
Page 4 of 4<1234