No votes (0%)

5 members have voted

August 5th, 2019 at 5:10:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Hwood exploiting the Tate murders
for profit, how original.

Anyone who has seen the movie will appreciate the irony of this post.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 5th, 2019 at 5:11:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
what???
Never left the theater and watched it over and over?
I rarely go to theaters, might have to make an exception

Different days. I actually saw it the first time while I was on my Vegas trip. Took a Lyft over to The Orleans to see the first showing.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 6th, 2019 at 12:34:05 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
When I've seen Tarantino interviewed, it appears if he wasn't a director, he would be known as a superfan of Hollywood movies. So, this would seem to be an ideal picture for him to do.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 7th, 2019 at 5:52:09 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Saw it today. Lots to process. I’ll write more when i have a chance to think about it.
August 8th, 2019 at 5:44:11 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Well, a day later and I still don’t know what to think. One of the leads probably committed uxoricide, yet is a good old boy in the best (American) sense. The other lead, the tough guy, is wracked with self doubt. The smartest person in the film is eight years old.

Every single thing in a Tarantino movie is there for a reason. Even though the plot is secondary, it is still there. The plot is there to capture the mood of a place and a time. “Once upon a time....”

The film just jumps off the screen every time Margot Robbie is on the screen. She gets almost no dialog, but she gets the colors, she gets the movement; she is never, ever still. Even watching herself in the theater, she is playing with her glasses, laughing, smiling.

I can’t give it a number. It’s Tarantino. It is his vision, and it is up to us to deal with it. Like it? Hate it? See it.

Oh: go to the bathroom right before it starts, whether you have to or not. Including trailers you have 3 hours ahead of you.
August 8th, 2019 at 7:15:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
How much sex and violence? I may go with someone who likes to keep both at a minimum.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 8th, 2019 at 7:38:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This movie has a stunning number of
god awful pissed off reviews. Pages
and pages of them. Never read the
ten star reviews, they're meaningless.
Read the one star. If there are just
a few and they're vague, the movie
is usually good. If there are a ton,
and they're detailed, the movie sucks.

One of the worst movies produced!!
vishal-gv8927 July 2019
2:45 mins of crap. There is no storyline, random crap everywhere and it makes me cringe to watch it. The only entertaining part of this movie is the last 15 mins. Otherwise this is absolutely nonsensical.! I don't understand what great actors like Leo and Brad were thinking when they agreed to be a part of this God forsaken movie. Respect and love for them but this movie just sucks!

5 out of 8 people in my row left before it was over!!
lejlalumi27 July 2019
What do I say, the worst QT movie ever. The movie literally has NO STORY, just showing all these different characters doing, well, nothing interesting. I kept forcing myself to watch, waiting and hoping it'd get better- unfortunately it never did. I really wanted to love this movie, as I've loved every QT movie before, however now after seeing it, I'm struggling finding anything I liked about it at all... Wish I could get my money and time back. And honestly I wonder who the people giving this a high rating are. Whomever I talked to after the movie, felt the same as me and my friends: bored and disappointed.

No storyline...a disjointed mess
Grubbsorama29 July 2019
I should have known better as it is a Tarantino movie, but this one is just all over the place. A self-indulgent POS. I don't need to feel good about myself by leaving a great 10 star review. Crap is crap....be honest.

No spoilers
SuperVillainTX31 July 2019
I can't spoil this movie because there's nothing to spoil!!! No plot. Nothing happens. If I submitted this same screenplay to Hollywood it would get rejected.

Once upon a time I fell asleep zzzz
jennherrera128 July 2019
Extremely boring. The movie dragged. I felt no empathy for the characters since there were random scenes thrown together. The characters have no connection and there isn't a real plot you can follow. It was a mess and a waste of 3 hours of my life.

It will help put you to sleep
kkap-432053 August 2019
I can't believe all the high reviews for this film. While the acting was fine, there is no plot.. When you go see a QT film you expect great dialog, interesting characters and a craziness that only QT provides. This didn't have any of it. It seems liberal Hollywood has cut the balls of QT. This was as boring and dull as you can get. By the time the ending comes, and you get maybe 5 minutes of classic QT it doesn't matter anymore. Very disappointed.

Don't Believe The Fake 10 Star Reviews!
frezeframe28 July 2019
I thought this was going to be a movie about the Manson murders. It had nothing to do with that at all. Charles Manson only had like 10 seconds of screen time. Some murders happened at the end, and they were somewhat satisfyingly violent, but it was just yawing to me and way over the top. And they really botched the Bruce Lee stuff. Spoiler alert: a 55 year old Brad Pitt beats up a Bruce Lee in his prime!? Yeah right!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 8th, 2019 at 8:24:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
How much sex and violence? I may go with someone who likes to keep both at a minimum.

Tarantino is all about sex and violence
That's why I see his movies. I expect sex and violence, but done in an entertaining way and boy does Tarantino entertain.
Looking forward to this when I can stream it
It sounds like one of those movies where you want to replay scenes as you are watching it or right after the movie, you want to go back to watching certain scenes again.
That's what I like about streaming.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 8th, 2019 at 9:57:01 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: rxwine

Pretty much no sex, as I recall. There is a blow job offered at one point, but declined. As I mentioned before, there is a scene, which I explain in spoiler tags, that is very violet, but otherwise you don't see anything heavy.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 8th, 2019 at 10:03:00 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Evenbob
This movie has a stunning number of
god awful pissed off reviews...

I will absolutely say this movie isn't for everybody. I think even QT would say that. It's not a standard plot-driven two-hour movie. Here is a way of putting it I think most people would agree with, QT fans will love it, QT critics will hate it, and anyone without a QT opinion probably won't like a first viewing, but it will stick in their head, and eventually they will come to watch the movie over and over and love it.

The first time I saw Pulp Fiction I thought the movie was overly violent, deliberately confusing, and full of itself. Today I would rank it among my favorite movies of all time.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 2 of 4<1234>