Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
QT fans will love it, .

Not the QT fans I'm reading. They
say it's boring with no plot. I have
never seen Kill Bill all the way,
it puts me to sleep.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 8th, 2019 at 11:42:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Wizard
Pretty much no sex, as I recall. There is a blow job offered at one point, but declined. As I mentioned before, there is a scene, which I explain in spoiler tags, that is very violet, but otherwise you don't see anything heavy.

That will probably be okay then. I know Tarantino movies tend toward violence as I've seen many of them. It doesn't bother me, but she would rather see something else if there is too much.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 8th, 2019 at 11:47:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Just looking at IMDB. Tarantino is doing a Star Trek project. No details given.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 9th, 2019 at 5:22:07 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine
Tarantino is doing a Star Trek project. No details given.

Logan was an R - rated film to retire Wolverine, a character who had been in 8 PG-13 films for 17 years. When Logan cleared $600 million worldwide on a budget of $100 million, Quentin Tarantino pitched the idea of an R rated finale for Star Trek and his own final film.

Films featuring Wolverine and world wide gross

2014 X-Men: Days of Future Past $747.9
2017 Logan (2017) $619.0 ----------------------------------------------------Main character- only R rated film
2016 X-Men: Apocalypse $543.9-------------------------------------cameo
2006 X-Men: The Last Stand $459.4
2013 The Wolverine $414.8----------------------------------------------------Main character
2003 X2: X-Men United $407.7
2009 X-Men Origins: Wolverine $373.1----------------------------------------------------Main character
2011 X-Men: First Class $353.6-------------------------------------cameo
2000 X-Men $296.3

Hugh Jackman is 50 years old, and Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen are 79 and 80 years old, but William Shatner is 88 years old, and the last surviving cast members of Star Trek: TOS are also in their 80s.
August 9th, 2019 at 6:56:22 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
Not the QT fans I'm reading. They
say it's boring with no plot. I have
never seen Kill Bill all the way,
it puts me to sleep.

Never saw it myself. In fact, of his 10 films, I’ve only seen four: Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Basterds, Reservoir Dogs, Once..... But they were all worth the experience.

I could go either way with this one. You could convince me that it is a masterpiece. You could convince me that it is pointless. I’m most inclined to say that there is definitely something there, but I’m not sure it’s interesting enough for me. And I get it, the narrative isn’t the story, the story is what it felt like to live in L.A at the end of the ‘60s, and the changing of the guard from the hard living alcohol fueled culture of Rick and Cliff to the psychedelia of Tate and Polanski (and Manson and Watson). And how, at the ending, the two make a graceful transition.

I enjoyed watching it, though. It was a hell of a lot better than that Beatle movie, that one stunk. (But the acting was great.)
August 9th, 2019 at 4:52:31 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Mosca
Never saw it myself. In fact, of his 10 films, I’ve only seen four: Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Basterds, Reservoir Dogs, Once..... But they were all worth the experience.

I could go either way with this one. You could convince me that it is a masterpiece. You could convince me that it is pointless. I’m most inclined to say that there is definitely something there, but I’m not sure it’s interesting enough for me. And I get it, the narrative isn’t the story, the story is what it felt like to live in L.A at the end of the ‘60s, and the changing of the guard from the hard living alcohol fueled culture of Rick and Cliff to the psychedelia of Tate and Polanski (and Manson and Watson). And how, at the ending, the two make a graceful transition.

I enjoyed watching it, though. It was a hell of a lot better than that Beatle movie, that one stunk. (But the acting was great.)

That Beatle movie stunk? The one called Yesterday?

Man, I am sorry to hear that. I was really looking forward to it.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
August 9th, 2019 at 5:05:53 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: beachbumbabs

I liked it. I think I reviewed it in the movie thread. Hoping I cancel out mosca's bad review.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 9th, 2019 at 5:21:37 PM permalink
rxwine
I thought Mosca was talking about one of the Beatles' movies made back in the 1960s.
August 10th, 2019 at 1:16:52 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
I thought Mosca was talking about one of the Beatles' movies made back in the 1960s.

Those rocked. In the 60's, if you were
high.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 10th, 2019 at 6:07:39 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: beachbumbabs
Quote: Mosca

That Beatle movie stunk? The one called Yesterday?

We were really looking forward to it, too. And that’s not to say it doesn’t have some absolutely great moments, and the lead actors are incredibly charismatic and almost jump off the screen... but the movie itself is a letdown. I’d still recommend seeing it, but Netflix it. Then you can say, “Eh. But I’m glad I saw it. There were some good parts.” I think most of our disappointment come from that it could have been so much better. Quick resolution, cheap emotions, not giving away anything you couldn’t see coming from miles away.
Page 3 of 4<1234>