Tulsi Gabbard

January 22nd, 2020 at 4:06:24 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I find the sexist comments ironic coming from fellow liberals.... (I guess anything Clinton says goes....)

Remember she was the first to fully support Sanders in 2016. Now Clinton is going after Sanders....
Clinton goes after enemies and tries to destroy them (look at her history of what she did to women making sexual claims again Clinton).....

'Gabbard's suit suggests that Clinton targeted her with a false accusation for "retribution" over her endorsement of Sanders, Clinton's rival in the Democratic primary, in 2016. (Sanders eventually endorsed Clinton for president in July 2016).

"Tulsi was told that the Clinton team would never forget this," the suit says.

According to an aggregate of polls, Gabbard is currently in ninth nationally. She did not qualify for the December or January presidential debates.'
January 22nd, 2020 at 4:14:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
CNN paid the
kid 10's of millions.

Wrong. They paid him 80 bucks and threw in some CNN stationery for good measure.

See EB, you’re not the only one who can just randomly make stuff up!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 22nd, 2020 at 4:21:31 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: ams288
Wrong. They paid him 80 bucks and threw in some CNN stationery for good measure.

CNN is the only network to settle (other cases with other major networks are still ongoing).

The exact amount of the CNN settlement is unknown, and due to privacy will never be publicly known, but is widely believed to be over 100 million USD (conservatively, some believe more in to 200-300 mil range)....
January 22nd, 2020 at 4:31:07 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
Probably correct. But I think she has many opportunities with CNN/Fox/MSNBC. Since she is attractive I'd bet Fox....

I highly doubt she will win lawsuit. I don't even think she gets a settlement.

I don't find her attractive, but I do understand the Fox News model. You gotta give those viewers something to look at to make up for the lack of substance.
January 22nd, 2020 at 4:34:45 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler

CNN is the only network to settle (other cases with other major networks are still ongoing).

The exact amount of the CNN settlement is unknown, and due to privacy will never be publicly known, but is widely believed to be over 100 million USD (conservatively, some believe more in to 200-300 mil range)....

So he was asking for 250 million and "some" believe CNN settled for...more than that?

Can I ask who these people are?
January 22nd, 2020 at 4:44:14 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
We will never know. But I’d bet even money the settlement was between 1 and 10 million dollars.
January 22nd, 2020 at 4:51:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tripdufan

So he was asking for 250 million and "some" believe CNN settled for...more than that?

lol... you beat me to it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 22nd, 2020 at 5:12:57 PM permalink
Gandler

The people that made the 275 mil article?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cnn-covington-settlement/
January 22nd, 2020 at 6:26:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

The comedian in the accident with Tracey Morgan who was killed --- his family only got 10 million for his death. That was by Walmart with much bigger pockets than CNN, whose truck rear-ended their limo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/21/nyregion/walmart-pays-10-million-to-family-of-comedian-killed-in-tracy-morgan-crash.html

Morgan wasn't killed, his fellow comedian was.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 22nd, 2020 at 8:41:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

The consensus is it's around $75mil.
You ask for 3 times more than you
expect to get in a settlement. The
kid was a minor, and clearly was
maligned. Slam dunk case.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.