Coverage of al-Baghdadi's Death

November 1st, 2019 at 1:02:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Conservatives love zoning laws as soon as a chemical plant wants to dump nearby or if someone wanted to build a hog farm a 1000 ft from their house. Or let someone try to start an airport with a major runways so airliners fly low over their house.

Only difference is they don't care about these things when they are the ones making a profit at someone else's expense.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2019 at 1:11:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Conservatives love zoning laws as soon as a chemical plant wants to dump nearby or if someone wanted to build a hog farm a 1000 ft from their house. Or let someone try to start an airport with a major runways so airliners fly low over their house.

Only difference is they don't care about these things when they are the ones making a profit at someone else's expense.

That is not at all limited to conservatives. Why would you even suggest that? Are you just one of those who think "rich" = "conservative?"

Liberals are far more into using zoning to stop something they do not like. Just look at how liberals will use any law out there to keep a Chick Fil A out.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2019 at 2:46:39 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine

Can confirm, my regular job is a Zoning Officer.

Nobody wants to be told what they can do with their land, but they will be the first to call when they think their neighbor is starting to build within setbacks.

Everyone hates regulation, until it personally effects their saftey or comfort.

I don't know if it is always conservative, but certainly most buisness types, especially when it comes to competing buisneses.
November 2nd, 2019 at 7:18:17 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler

Everyone hates regulation, until it personally effects their saftey or comfort.

I am FOR the great majority of 'regulations'. Most improve my safety (speed limits, electric wiring standards, pasteurization, etc...) I accept those I am against as a small price to pay for living in a civilized society.
November 3rd, 2019 at 1:19:18 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Speed limits are often revenue raising rather than traffic flow regulating. Pasteurization is a matter of disclosure but should not ban consumption of raw products or require flash pasteurization.

>>>>.until it personally effects- affects their safety.
November 3rd, 2019 at 5:18:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
I am FOR the great majority of 'regulations'. Most improve my safety (speed limits, electric wiring standards, pasteurization, etc...) I accept those I am against as a small price to pay for living in a civilized society.

I would rather have fewer and take some chances. Look at seat belts. The feds bully the states to making it a "primary" offense, meaning they can just pull over for that. So you get a revenue stream but also license for the cops to go on a fishing expedition for victimless crimes.

Or take those 5 gallon buckets we all love for their many uses. A regulation was proposed to require them to leak as a couple kids a year drown in them. So we would have had to buy leaky buckets for so-called safety.

YouTube has a few video where towns over-police every little zoning regulation. Small crack in sidewalk to wrong kind of blinds.

As was said above, why do we need to criminalize raw milk?
The President is a fink.
November 3rd, 2019 at 6:57:42 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: AZDuffman
As was said above, why do we need to criminalize raw milk?

I dunno, maybe because it can kill people?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 3rd, 2019 at 8:08:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: kenarman
I dunno, maybe because it can kill people?

Water can kill people.

If someone wants to buy raw milk let them. It is called freedom. As long as both parties know what it is.
The President is a fink.
November 3rd, 2019 at 11:44:49 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Water can kill people.

If someone wants to buy raw milk let them. It is called freedom. As long as both parties know what it is.

What are the health benefits of drinking raw milk vs pasteurized?

You are paying more money for no health benifits and a risk of disease...
November 3rd, 2019 at 11:55:42 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
People drank raw milk for thousands of years prior to pasteurization, why does there need to be a law about milk? Still many country's don't have laws requiring people to cook their milk. Should we bomb the people that drink raw milk?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW