Star Trek: Picard

Page 1 of 212>
January 24th, 2020 at 9:29:30 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Can we do spoilers in here? I think we should give everyone...a day or two ....so I'll spoiler tag it.

Not blown away....yet. They have set the table. Obviously there is much work to do :P

These guys had a pretty critical preview just based on the trailers (linked to timestamp of Picard discussion). 

They hit the nail on the head with
Data's daughter (in some form that we'll eventually learn I'm sure)

Happy that they called back to Dr. Maddox (guy who wanted to tear Data apart and make more of him way back in Season 2 of TNG). The look and feel of the universe is so radically different from TNG that it's good to have these threads to tie it together.

​Who else is watching? Gonna try out Discovery as well, while I'm forking over the cash.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
January 24th, 2020 at 10:09:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Patrick Stewart is 80, I think I'll
pass. Never liked the show
anyway, Data gave me the creeps
and I refuse to watch anything
that has the talentless Whoopsie
Goldtwerp in it. Plus the show was
soooo Lib oriented.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 24th, 2020 at 3:08:29 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Im assuming all the episodes aren’t dropping at the same time?

I’m excited for the show but don’t want to sub to CBS all access. I will either wait for the season to finish and binge the show while on a free trial or subbed for a month, or download them illegally.
January 24th, 2020 at 5:45:48 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Quote: gamerfreak
Im assuming all the episodes aren’t dropping at the same time?

I’m excited for the show but don’t want to sub to CBS all access. I will either wait for the season to finish and binge the show while on a free trial or subbed for a month, or download them illegally.

Yeah they are releasing 1 per week. I'm a sucker and paid up. Binging discovery while I'm here.
February 19th, 2020 at 7:54:03 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
I will stop short of saying I am disappointed with Picard so far, but after 4 episodes, I am tired of setup. I am anxious for shit to start popping off.
February 19th, 2020 at 8:18:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AcesAndEights
I will stop short of saying I am disappointed with Picard so far,

He's almost 80, what were
you expecting.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 20th, 2020 at 12:57:53 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
That was better! I'm sad that it seems likely Seven only got one ep though.
March 30th, 2021 at 12:00:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
I'm watching this on CBS All Access. The pilot was good, the next two episodes were slow as molasses. The show is heavily dependent on makeup and CGI. If the action doesn't get better I'll never make it through episode 10. I was shocked when they used the F-word, and I realized this is not on network. Of course so far all the high-ranking military people on both sides are women. Ultra liberal Gene Roddenberry would be grinning ear-to-ear. The only good acting so far it's been done by Patrick Stewart. Big surprise there.
April 1st, 2021 at 12:03:16 AM permalink
Evenbob
Uh oh, Jeri Ryan from the original Star Trek series Voyager just showed up on Picard as a regular character playing her old character from Voyager. I'm hooked now , there's no turning back. I'll watch Jeri Ryan in anything.

April 3rd, 2021 at 5:07:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
I'm up to episode 7 and the show has gotten much better now that they're in an actual spacecraft. But there's something bizarre about Picard. First and foremost he's 80 years old, he looks it and sounds it. And there's not much to him, he's thin and shrunken. There is nothing vital or interesting about him anymore as a captivating leader. It's the people around him that are carrying the show with pieces of rubber and plastic glued to their faces. Apparently in the future everybody comes with accessories. Pretty silly.
Page 1 of 212>