Quote: Pacomartin
Raw Number of Deaths from COVID-19 in first three days of July

And because it's the biggest
political football in recent
history, you can bet these
numbers are about as accurate
as those of a Mafia bookkeeper.
Inflated thru the roof.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 4th, 2020 at 2:47:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
And because it's the biggest
political football in recent
history, you can bet these
numbers are about as accurate
as those of a Mafia bookkeeper.
Inflated thru the roof.

If the china virus was not getting wall to wall news coverage the average person would no know it exists.
The President is a fink.
July 4th, 2020 at 4:18:32 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
"In announcing the change in methodology, Virginia Health Commissioner Norman Oliver noted at a news briefing that under the old system, a person tested for COVID-19 would be counted only once, but under the new system, if a single patient was tested four times, the Virginia Department of Health would count all four tests. “That’s the difference.”"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/05/07/fact-check-no-evidence-virginia-testing-count-affect-reopening/5176058002/

They may have changed this based on what is posted on their website:

"This method of looking at testing measures will only count a person once regardless of how many times they are tested over weeks or months."

https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/2020/05/07/how-is-vdh-calculating-the-number-of-people-tested/

I have wondered about this with all of the testing going on. I am not denying that there is an increase in cases across the country, but I do wonder if any amount of positives (or negatives) are being double counted. Enough of that could make a difference in the severity of the outbreaks in various places. I do know of people being called and told the results are telling the person calling that they knew they were positive from another test and are getting tested regularly to get to a negative test.
July 4th, 2020 at 4:21:11 AM permalink
Moonsovermyhamy
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
If one is found hopefully it is not mandatory.

No one would be onboard with Mandatory Coronavirus Vaccinations. Especially people who could get extremely sick with the side effects of Coronavirus Vaccinations.
July 4th, 2020 at 4:44:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Moonsovermyhamy
No one would be onboard with Mandatory Coronavirus Vaccinations. Especially people who could get extremely sick with the side effects of Coronavirus Vaccinations.

Sure they would. They will try to lock out those who do not want to take the chance on a vaccine out of normal life. Same as they are against your body your choice on other vaccinations.
The President is a fink.
July 5th, 2020 at 5:09:33 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
If the china virus was not getting wall to wall news coverage the average person would no know it exists.

I hadn't thought of this. The overwhelming of the health system in NYC early on would have made it the main news story. I think the fact that governments have instituted so many restrictions on work, play, congregating, etc.. means everyone would know it exists even if there was no media coverage.

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you mean is "if we acted like nothing unusual was happening, the average person would not know it exists." In that a lot of people would get sick, most would get better, and we would be sad for those we lost, but not locking down the economy, etc.."
July 5th, 2020 at 6:18:40 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you mean is "if we acted like nothing unusual was happening, the average person would not know it exists."

That was Fox reporting when it overran China then Europe
Fox was barely reporting it
I'd watch MSM news warning its coming
then turn to fox out of curiosity and they had minimal reporting
We can beat this. I am playing it safe. Still pretty much quarantined except for store runs and golf
Sad we don't have a President that does not want to beat this virus. He could insist on social distancing and masks. Its a minor inconvenience.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 5th, 2020 at 7:23:58 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
That was Fox reporting when it overran China then Europe
Fox was barely reporting it
I'd watch MSM news warning its coming
then turn to fox out of curiosity and they had minimal reporting
We can beat this. I am playing it safe. Still pretty much quarantined except for store runs and golf
Sad we don't have a President that does not want to beat this virus. He could insist on social distancing and masks. Its a minor inconvenience.

This is a serious question terapined what is your vision of "we can beat this" time line for that, will we still have some cases, better treatment, vacine? I have heard other people and media use the term but don't understand what that "beat it" vision is.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 5th, 2020 at 7:31:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
This is a serious question terapined what is your vision of "we can beat this" time line for that, will we still have some cases, better treatment, vacine? I have heard other people and media use the term but don't understand what that "beat it" vision is.

Lowering the curve so hospitals have enough beds is beating it
Not enough hospital beds for those that need them is losing
This virus still scares me
How hard is it to social distance and wear a mask. Pretty easy.
I am still in quarantine. Shocked at the crowds Trump attracts with no social distancing and no masks. America is in truoble
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 5th, 2020 at 7:44:32 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

That's what happened with the Hong Kong flu in 1968. It was allowed to spread with no restrictions on economic activity, and it killed 100,000 in the US, and 1 to 4 million globally between 1968 and 1970.

It came back for a second deadlier wave in 1969. The same year as Woodstock.