No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 22nd, 2020 at 9:49:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
That wasn't a difference maker, but you already know that.

Strongly disagree.

If Donny had signed a bill that gave Americans another stimulus check and extended unemployment benefits in October I really think he would have won re-election.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 23rd, 2020 at 6:40:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
Sadly in America people would be crying about the Constitution or something if they had to have their temperature checked at the airport....

I just was at Dr. appointment. Had to have my temperature checked at the entrance. I am a pretty consistent 98.6 when not sick. Was told I'm good to go at 97.2. I told the girl there is no way my core temperature is that low... She told me she had a person who was 88 yesterday! For those unaware, at 88 you are most likely dead and getting colder... Certainly not awake and coming for a Dr. appointment.

So of course I comply when asked to have my temperature taken, but I KNOW it is a failed policy. I don't cry about the constitution.... I cry about the STUPIDITY of whoever thought this was a good idea.
November 23rd, 2020 at 6:43:11 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Tanko
Why not? It doesn’t matter whether or not the economy is healthy. Lower interest rates spur investment and growth.

Especially if that investment brings the supply side back to the US. Never going to happen now.

We will probably see negative interest rates at some point, but for now, Powell is trying to avoid them, because they limit bank profitability.

Never mind our profitability. Low interest rates created a real estate and stock market bubble while robbing people of the ability to safely build wealth through compound interest. Today, interest bearing accounts return less than the rate of inflation.

Apparently, it’s all about the banks.

If the economy is growing organically we don't need government intervention to keep employment high. If interest rates are perpetually low, the FED's options, during a recession are reduced.

Money market rates that exceed the rate of inflation are not some kind of give away to banks, they're normal and an important tool if you have need to derive income from a lifetime of accumulated savings. I am not an economist and I can't wrap my head around negative interest rates. If we see them, I sincerely hope it's not when you are retired.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
November 23rd, 2020 at 6:49:21 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
I just was at Dr. appointment. Had to have my temperature checked at the entrance. I am a pretty consistent 98.6 when not sick. Was told I'm good to go at 97.2. I told the girl there is no way my core temperature is that low... She told me she had a person who was 88 yesterday! For those unaware, at 88 you are most likely dead and getting colder... Certainly not awake and coming for a Dr. appointment.

So of course I comply when asked to have my temperature taken, but I KNOW it is a failed policy. I don't cry about the constitution.... I cry about the STUPIDITY of whoever thought this was a good idea.

lol yeah those temperature checks are a joke.

Checked into the Bellagio Saturday. They take your temp in the check-in line. I asked the guy what my temp was after he took it, he told me 92 degrees. 😳
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 23rd, 2020 at 7:53:45 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

I get mine checked everytime I enter the building (so usually several times a day).

97.2 is what I always am. I actually just left the Pharmacy and when I was there I was 97.3 when they tested me.

I know at our building there is some cutoff where they don't let you in, make you retest after 15mins and go home for the day if you "fail" again. I don't honestly know what the number is though.

But, it seems like all thermometers are off by -1-1.5 F.
So if you "fail" a temperature check you probably have a legit fever.

Of course this is about the lest ideal way to get a true temperature, but its the safest and quickest.

But, the point is, even if it makes people marginally safer, it is virtually no inconvenience at all so people should not oppose it. I think testing temperatures before getting on a plane is not unreasonable.
November 23rd, 2020 at 8:08:40 AM permalink
Gandler
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/trump-supporter-charged-with-assault-after-breathing-forcefully-on-protesters-at-the-virginia-golf-course-where-trump-was-playing/ar-BB1bhhVn?li=BBnb7Kz

"So I came across this story of an absurd Trump supporter (who thankfully was arrested):
A man who deliberately breathed on two women outside President Donald Trump's Virginia golf course has been charged with assault, the sheriff's office said. "

But, this offside comment in the article is a more interesting story:

"Trump was golfing there at the time, and reportedly skipped a G20 meeting with other world leaders about the coronavirus pandemic to do so."

Skipping a G20 (about COVID) to golf? That pretty much sums up his Presidency.... And, his supporters still think that he is a great leader and all of his supporters are still insisting that he won the election...
November 23rd, 2020 at 8:30:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/trump-supporter-charged-with-assault-after-breathing-forcefully-on-protesters-at-the-virginia-golf-course-where-trump-was-playing/ar-BB1bhhVn?li=BBnb7Kz

"So I came across this story of an absurd Trump supporter (who thankfully was arrested):
A man who deliberately breathed on two women outside President Donald Trump's Virginia golf course has been charged with assault, the sheriff's office said. "

But, this offside comment in the article is a more interesting story:

"Trump was golfing there at the time, and reportedly skipped a G20 meeting with other world leaders about the coronavirus pandemic to do so."

Skipping a G20 (about COVID) to golf? That pretty much sums up his Presidency.... And, his supporters still think that he is a great leader and all of his supporters are still insisting that he won the election...

I'd skip it, too. Why should he show up? Just so they can make another biased photo of some other leader yelling at him like a previous time?
The President is a fink.
November 23rd, 2020 at 8:40:23 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
I'd skip it, too. Why should he show up? Just so they can make another biased photo of some other leader yelling at him like a previous time?

Oh I don't know because he is President of the most powerful country on the planet, and according to him (and you) will be President for another four years, so during a global pandemic its probably ideal to show up to the pandemic planning session.....
November 23rd, 2020 at 8:41:58 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I just was at Dr. appointment. Had to have my temperature checked at the entrance. I am a pretty consistent 98.6 when not sick. Was told I'm good to go at 97.2. I told the girl there is no way my core temperature is that low....

My average has been 96.5ish all my
life. Go back to med school.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 23rd, 2020 at 11:46:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Oh I don't know because he is President of the most powerful country on the planet, and according to him (and you) will be President for another four years, so during a global pandemic its probably ideal to show up to the pandemic planning session.....

He has already provided an excellent blueprint for them to follow. He has also provided help and material to other countries. They give zip in return.
The President is a fink.