No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 31st, 2021 at 4:50:45 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Pacomartin
Death rate has not been rising since Biden took office, but it is still relatively high compared to most of 2020.

The death rate is a ratio, and not the same as the number of daily deaths.

This is what I said:

"As the number of daily deaths and new cases rise in the US, the number of daily covid tests since Biden took office, has fallen from 2.25 million on Jan. 6th, to 800,500 on March 26th."

The first part of the sentence, separated by the comma, referred to the current rise in daily deaths and new cases. "As the number of daily deaths and new cases rise in the US."

The second half referred to the falling number of daily covid tests since Biden took office. "the number of daily covid tests since Biden took office, has fallen from 2.25 million on Jan. 6th, to 800,500 on March 26th."

The second part of that sentence, could be the reason for the first part.
April 1st, 2021 at 4:27:43 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Hard to unites sides when the other side is buys impeaching you for making a phone call and calling you "racist" for shutting down travel.

He was never going to get the news, so I'll grant that. I'm mainly talking about perhaps picking up some people who might have considered voting for him if he didn't insist on being a total divisive @$$#0!3 100% of the time.

In the early stages of the pandemic, he also gambled (in his words) that it wasn't going to be a major thing and was way overblown. Nobody made him do that. Actually, it wasn't exclusively early...months in he was talking about how it was all just going to go away.

It's kind of funny that one of the campaign slogans was, "Trump 2020: No More B******t," when that's what he spent the first several months of the pandemic doing. Spouting b******t.

Mainstream media couldn't take him down. An impeachment attempt couldn't take him down. Absent the pandemic and his response to it, Joe Biden probably wouldn't have taken him down---it ended up being pretty close as it was and hard to say what would have even happened if not for mail-in voting.

Nope. He took himself down. He was probably the only one who could have. He has nobody to blame but himself, except you and I both know he's not going to do that anytime soon. As far as his voters are concerned, they have nobody to blame but him, but good luck convincing them of that---and I don't expect that I'll convince you.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 1st, 2021 at 4:52:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
He was never going to get the news, so I'll grant that. I'm mainly talking about perhaps picking up some people who might have considered voting for him if he didn't insist on being a total divisive @$$#0!3 100% of the time.

In the early stages of the pandemic, he also gambled (in his words) that it wasn't going to be a major thing and was way overblown. Nobody made him do that. Actually, it wasn't exclusively early...months in he was talking about how it was all just going to go away.

It's kind of funny that one of the campaign slogans was, "Trump 2020: No More B******t," when that's what he spent the first several months of the pandemic doing. Spouting b******t.

Mainstream media couldn't take him down. An impeachment attempt couldn't take him down. Absent the pandemic and his response to it, Joe Biden probably wouldn't have taken him down---it ended up being pretty close as it was and hard to say what would have even happened if not for mail-in voting.

Nope. He took himself down. He was probably the only one who could have. He has nobody to blame but himself, except you and I both know he's not going to do that anytime soon. As far as his voters are concerned, they have nobody to blame but him, but good luck convincing them of that---and I don't expect that I'll convince you.

I do not blame him for anything. Bush43 did what everyone suggested Trump do. Ignore it and try to unite. Look what happened. He lost all credibility and support. As to the pandemic, had he locked things sooner and tighter he would have been attacked by the left for "fear mongering."

It is doubtful that any different action would have gotten much different results. Viruses will do what they do. And we all know that actual deaths are being way over reported to get the china virus bonus money.

I will chalk it up to how I have said since about 2012 that the 2020s are going to be a violent decade that decides the soul of the USA for the next 80-100 years. Same as the Civil War and WWII did before.
The President is a fink.
April 1st, 2021 at 5:38:32 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
I do not blame him for anything. Bush43 did what everyone suggested Trump do. Ignore it and try to unite. Look what happened. He lost all credibility and support. As to the pandemic, had he locked things sooner and tighter he would have been attacked by the left for "fear mongering."

It is doubtful that any different action would have gotten much different results. Viruses will do what they do. And we all know that actual deaths are being way over reported to get the china virus bonus money.

I will chalk it up to how I have said since about 2012 that the 2020s are going to be a violent decade that decides the soul of the USA for the next 80-100 years. Same as the Civil War and WWII did before.

Look what happened? He won reelection and Trump lost is what happened. For someone who I consider something of a pragmatist, you sure seem to be unconcerned with the results on this one.

I wouldn't say he lost support as his (Bush's) approval ratings went up and he won the national popular vote (which he lost in 2000) pretty safely.

I think a different action would have yielded different results. He could have not b******ed in the first few months gambling that he would look like a genius IF he turned out to be right---which he didn't. I'm not even talking about China; I'm talking about giving the general public the impression that you're taking the thing seriously from the very get go.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 1st, 2021 at 6:22:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Look what happened? He won reelection and Trump lost is what happened. For someone who I consider something of a pragmatist, you sure seem to be unconcerned with the results on this one.

He won because of 9/11 hangover. His dad lost because he did the same thing, just ignored it as he lost credibility. Little use being "concerned" over what I cannot effect. Have to do the best with what I have. It does make chances of expat retirement higher, though.

Quote:
I wouldn't say he lost support as his (Bush's) approval ratings went up and he won the national popular vote (which he lost in 2000) pretty safely.

But by 2006 it was effectively over for him. He did not have any support to be able to do anything. Because of the daily attacks he just ignored. What happened is his supporters took the stand of if he will not fight for himself why should they? Trump stood up for himself, and that kind of behavior gets respect.

Quote:
I think a different action would have yielded different results. He could have not b******ed in the first few months gambling that he would look like a genius IF he turned out to be right---which he didn't. I'm not even talking about China; I'm talking about giving the general public the impression that you're taking the thing seriously from the very get go.

It was a smart gamble. In the 2000s we had multiple scares of this kind of thing. Remember SARS in about 2002? Or ebola or whatever it was from Africa a few years ago? All were EOTWAWKI scares. None turned out to be much of anything. He was right that you downplay a threat. Because the USA today is a bunch of scared child-people. How many millions of tons of grapes were thrown away in 1989 because we found THREE GRAPES with a problem? Same era and the Alar scare some woman actually called the state and asked if she had to Hazmat some apple juice.

Then consider in an emergency you usually cannot do much. In WWII it was 11 months before we could do any serious actions. (The Dolittle attack was not serious.) The short attention span Americans would be asking daily why it is not fixed.
The President is a fink.
April 1st, 2021 at 7:24:23 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
April 1st, 2021 at 7:34:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter

Why didnt Trump fire Fauci???????????????
Hey Tanko, you can answer also
I just dont understand the Fauci hate
Because whenever I ask a Fauci hater why Trump did not fire him, met with complete silence from Trumpers
weird
I'll answer any political question
Why cant Trumpers answer this simple question?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 1st, 2021 at 8:15:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Quote: fleaswatter

Why didnt Trump fire Fauci???????????????
Hey Tanko, you can answer also
I just dont understand the Fauci hate
Because whenever I ask a Fauci hater why Trump did not fire him, met with complete silence from Trumpers
weird
I'll answer any political question
Why cant Trumpers answer this simple question?

Donny can’t even answer that question. He released a long rambling statement trashing Birx and Fauci the other day but it didn’t explain why he kept them around.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 1st, 2021 at 9:22:31 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Donny can’t even answer that question. He released a long rambling statement trashing Birx and Fauci the other day but it didn’t explain why he kept them around.

Trump said “I only kept Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx on because they worked for the U.S. government for so long—they are like a bad habit!”

He should have fired both of them. Fauci initially opposed banning China travel, and admitted lying about the need to wear masks, while five million New Yorkers were packed like sardines on the subways every day. Maybe that's why NY had the highest death rate in the world. We're now third highest in the world. Now, Fauci wears two masks. He also lied about when we would achieve herd immunity, and moved the goal posts every time we approached what previously said was the necessary percentage.

“When pressed to answer about the issue, Fauci admitted in a new interview that he’s been intentionally moving the goalposts on his recommendations regarding herd immunity based on what he thinks the American people are ready to hear.”

“When polls said only about half of all Americans would take a vaccine, I was saying herd immunity would take 70 to 75 percent,” Fauci said.

He also lied about not knowing why the NIH cancelled funding for a research grant fo Eco-Health Alliance.

“The cancellation of the grant came after reports surfaced about EcoHealth Alliances’ research with a virologist at Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) in China, who works with bat coronaviruses.”

The former CDC Director Redfield believes the virus came from that lab.

Fauci’s own boss, NIH Director Francis Collins never mentioned him when discussing the ‘brilliant’ achievement of obtaining three vaccines in nine months. He credited the administration and Secretary Azar.

That didn't stop Fauci from taking credit and declaring, ordering the vaccines was the 'best decision I ever made'.

Birx resigned in December, when it was revealed that one of her own family members reported her for endangering elderly family members, after she violated her own guidance that people avoid family gatherings during the holidays. Trump claimed the family member called the police on her.
April 1st, 2021 at 9:26:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Trump said “I only kept Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx on because they worked for the U.S. government for so long—they are like a bad habit!”

He should have fired both of them. Fauci initially opposed banning China travel, and admitted lying about the need to wear masks, while five million New Yorkers were packed like sardines on the subways every day. Maybe that's why NY had the highest death rate in the world. We're now third highest in the world. Now, Fauci wears two masks. He also lied about when we would achieve herd immunity, and moved the goal posts every time we approached what previously said was the necessary percentage.

“When pressed to answer about the issue, Fauci admitted in a new interview that he’s been intentionally moving the goalposts on his recommendations regarding herd immunity based on what he thinks the American people are ready to hear.”

“When polls said only about half of all Americans would take a vaccine, I was saying herd immunity would take 70 to 75 percent,” Fauci said.

He also lied about not knowing why the NIH cancelled funding for a research grant fo Eco-Health Alliance.

“The cancellation of the grant came after reports surfaced about EcoHealth Alliances’ research with a virologist at Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) in China, who works with bat coronaviruses.”

The former CDC Director Redfield believes the virus came from that lab.

Fauci’s own boss, NIH Director Francis Collins never mentioned him when discussing the ‘brilliant’ achievement of obtaining three vaccines in nine months. He credited the administration and Secretary Azar.

That didn't stop Fauci from taking credit and declaring, ordering the vaccines was the 'best decision I ever made'.

Birx resigned in December, when it was revealed that one of her own family members reported her for endangering elderly family members, after she violated her own guidance that people avoid family gatherings during the holidays. Trump claimed the family member called the police on her.

Have you ever criticized Donny for all the lies he told regarding COVID?

Why does Fauci get your ire but Donny doesn’t?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman