No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 12th, 2021 at 11:44:24 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Getting covid is not great, but if the vaccine does what it should she should breeze through with little difficulty.

Is she sick / symptomatic or asymptomatic?
August 13th, 2021 at 2:11:22 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The Lambda variant, which accounts for 81% of new infections in Peru, and has a 10% mortality rate there, has spread to 26 countries. Mostly in South America. Peru has the highest Covid death rate in the world.

Lambda is proven just as virulent as Delta, and appears to be resistant to vaccines.

Fortunately, Kamala Harris is in charge of protecting our borders, so we don’t have to worry about 270,000 unvaccinated, untested illegals from 100 different countries crossing the border every month, carrying Lambda into the U.S.
August 13th, 2021 at 5:02:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Fortunately, Kamala Harris is in charge of protecting our borders, so we don’t have to worry about 270,000 unvaccinated, untested illegals from 100 different countries crossing the border every month, carrying Lambda into the U.S.

Always gross when righties reflexively try to blame all their problems on brown people.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 13th, 2021 at 5:59:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Always gross when righties reflexively try to blame all their problems on brown people.

Yup
Trump could have convinced millions of Trumpers too get vaccinated
But
Let's blame a brown person
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 13th, 2021 at 7:13:07 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
COVID is ruining my life.

My wife was scheduled to go to Montana this morning to visit family and give me a nice weekend to myself. Unbelievably she gets a call last night that one of the people she was staying with has COVID. She cancels her trip and completely screws up my weekend.

I tried to convince her to go anyway, but no she is scared.

It sucks to be me.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 13th, 2021 at 7:32:44 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: DRich
COVID is ruining my life.

Same.

I’m still pissed I’m gonna have to wear a mask again on my next Vegas trip.

I have become a complete anti-masker for vaccinated people.
August 13th, 2021 at 9:09:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich

I tried to convince her to go anyway, but no she is scared.

As well she should be. Even if you're vaccinated and don't end up in the hospital getting covid is no joke. Everybody in my wife's family who had it thought they were going to die they got so sick. One of them is still on the ventilator and she was vaccinated. Do not trust anything the media is telling you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 13th, 2021 at 9:12:55 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
As well she should be. Even if you're vaccinated and don't end up in the hospital getting covid is no joke. Everybody in my wife's family who had it thought they were going to die they got so sick. One of them is still on the ventilator and she was vaccinated. Do not trust anything the media is telling you.

I will still trust the mainstream media more than I do posters on the internet. In my opinion people just need to get over the fear of dying. Granted, I don't want to die a painful death but dying doesn't scare me.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 13th, 2021 at 9:20:17 AM permalink
ams288

Who am I going to believe: the MSM or Evenbob?

Tough one.

NOT.
August 13th, 2021 at 9:25:01 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

I tend to put a greater value on a sample size of hundreds of millions than a sample size of ten, no offense meant.

I hope everyone in your family ends up coming out all right.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman