No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 21st, 2020 at 3:34:24 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Dalex64
Organized religion in Michigan has managed to strong-arm the governor into putting their desires over the public health.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/03/21/coronavirus-whitmer-updates-order-assemblies-exempt-churches-penalty/2885395001/

She is allowing a lifting of the 50 person assembly limit penalty for churches.

I know some of you guys hate to hear it, but it is legal to temporary set parts of the constitution to the side during times of national emergency.

That is totally wrong. If gatherings of 50 people are illegal than every group needs to comply. I don't get my emotional support from a church group but I have other places I go to for social exchange and support that are now shut down. Either it is safer for society for groups to not meet or it isn't. If we believe the medical 'experts' the churches are endangering the community at large by meeting. The churches in my community are holding streaming video services.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 21st, 2020 at 3:56:58 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: fleaswatter
Do you have any thoughts or views concerning "Certificates-of-Need"
SOOPOO's Nemesis considers such documents to be politically ispired advocacy documents usually drafted by lawyers for lobbyists.
March 21st, 2020 at 3:59:58 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
Bad poorhouse food again?
there are doctors debating causation now. so far they have not resorted to fisticuffs.
March 21st, 2020 at 6:27:07 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Interesting quandary. Elective surgical procedures are not being allowed to proceed due to this crisis,

The word elective is not so straightforward.

Should abortions still go forward?
March 21st, 2020 at 6:45:02 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
Bad poorhouse food again?
Oddly enough, that is indeed one of the theories they are working on. I told them about the zero iron in lentils and about the asparagus to augment the diuretic effect of Furosemide without increasing the dose. One of the doctors thinks i pretty much hit the nail on the head when i described the foodbank menu and the asparagus. Other doctors are ready to take differing opinions. One doctor talked to me so much about death that I thought he was going to tell me i would be spared having to eat the hospital's dinner tonight . Wish tyey could get their cystal balls in focus.
March 21st, 2020 at 8:51:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Interesting quandary. Elective surgical procedures are not being allowed to proceed due to this crisis,

It's kind of already legally designated as elective. AFAIK. Since we are talking about abortion by choice.

Sometimes there are unfortunate circumstances, like you had a great sale on your house in Bermuda right before the big hurricane. And you were underinsured. Sucks to be you.

That's my opinion. Shit happens. Maybe a court could intervene. Or maybe I'm wrong altogether.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 22nd, 2020 at 2:56:55 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Fleastiff
Oddly enough, that is indeed one of the theories they are working on. I told them about the zero iron in lentils and about the asparagus to augment the diuretic effect of Furosemide

An eighty year old, who was on hydrochlorothiazide and furosemide at the same time for years, suddenly developed heartburn and stomach pains so severe, he could not eat. An endoscopy proved negative. According to him, one doctor finally determined he had a low potassium level due to the diuretics. He was taken off the medication, and intravenous treatment corrected the problem.

"Use of diuretics can be associated with fluid/electrolyte and/or acid-base imbalance, resulting in the onset of confusion and delirium."
March 22nd, 2020 at 4:22:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Is this because of a blood shortage?

Ohio stops abortions.
The President is a fink.
March 22nd, 2020 at 5:05:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I mean this seriously. The best news I’ve heard in a while..... The Chinese Basketball Association is starting up again. Meaning there now is a timeline that exists on the disease. Hopefully.

NYC now experiencing 20+ deaths per day.
March 22nd, 2020 at 6:11:38 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I mean this seriously. The best news I’ve heard in a while..... The Chinese Basketball Association is starting up again. Meaning there now is a timeline that exists on the disease. Hopefully.

NYC now experiencing 20+ deaths per day.

I am not sure what to make of the situation in China. They are reporting very few new infections yet it seems they have also loosened restrictions and are going back to work. This virus seems to spread fairly quickly...so are they not concerned about further spread, are they loosening up too quickly, or is something else going on with the virus?