1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 5th, 2022 at 9:47:35 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: terapined

From your link:
Quote:
Gov. Ron DeSantis and Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo said Tuesday they don't want Floridians who aren't showing COVID-19 symptoms to get tested and that they are overwhelming already overcrowded test sites.

“If you don’t have symptoms, you are not a case," Ladapo said at an afternoon news conference in Naples.

From the CDC:

Covid testing Do your part

covid testing if vaccinated

Looks like the best governor in the country agrees with the CDC.

Let's go Brandon
January 5th, 2022 at 11:09:43 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: petroglyph
How do you isolate someone that lives with you ? Like if I have a teenager that test +, what do I do with them? I sold my rv, that would have been perfect. Heat, shower etc., but no mas. What do I do with an infected guest?

Couldn't tell you, but given that I actually do have Covid my fiancee has been testing (work related requirement) every other day and remains negative, so far. We live together. She's vaccinated and boosted, so thus far, it would seem that the vaccine is actually doing its job of sometimes being preventive, in her case.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 5th, 2022 at 11:41:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
Couldn't tell you, but given that I actually do have Covid my fiancee has been testing (work related requirement) every other day and remains negative, so far. We live together. She's vaccinated and boosted, so thus far, it would seem that the vaccine is actually doing its job of sometimes being preventive, in her case.

Sometimes it’s just a crapshoot.

My dad got Covid last January, pre-vaccines. Mom never got it. They slept in the same bed the entire time.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 5th, 2022 at 4:31:39 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Sometimes it’s just a crapshoot.

My dad got Covid last January, pre-vaccines. Mom never got it. They slept in the same bed the entire time.

Of course I don't know the details, but how do you know your mom didn't get it, just was asymptomatic? Remember, back then maybe 1/2 of those infected didn't even know it.
January 5th, 2022 at 5:34:35 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Of course I don't know the details, but how do you know your mom didn't get it, just was asymptomatic? Remember, back then maybe 1/2 of those infected didn't even know it.

She tested negative at the time. That’s as much as I know.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 5th, 2022 at 6:02:56 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Mission146
Does your fiancee self test? I think at my daughters high school some of the kids self test, which is just swabbing their nostrils, far as I know? But if that is the test, I would like my ent to do it, he's had machinery, cameras, swabs, probes all kinds of stuff clear back their even looking down to the lungs. I have a deviated septum and I don't think I can do a proper job of it? Especially if I'm supposed to rub that cotton tip against the front of my brain pan and give them the swab back? I'm just saying my ent can get anything back their pretty smoothly, I feel better than these roadside tent testing places where the testers have limited experience. And who knows what the multiplier is now anyway? is it still 30-40, or down to a reasonable 25 or below?

I was curious how to separate folks in my home if anyone had a good idea. One floor. I could rent a motel, but how do I know who just left that room, and I'd have to feed the quarantine ee.? Should have kept the rv I guess, never knew this was coming.

Keep posting if you would, like to hear how it works out. What do you have now 3 days, with you positive and here immune fending off the Corona?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 5th, 2022 at 6:23:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If I was forced to rig something simple up to deal with someone with covid in a room, I'd have a fan blowing out the window on one side, and stay to the opposite side of the person and the that fan. And open the window on my side if there was one so fresh air would be coming in behind me. Or buy a hepa filter unit big enough for the room and run it on high the whole time and keep as much distance as possible.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2022 at 3:48:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I was curious how to separate folks in my home if anyone had a good idea. One floor. I could rent a motel, but how do I know who just left that room, and I'd have to feed the quarantine ee.? Should have kept the rv I guess, never knew this was coming.

No idea the details of your house but it will be hard. HVAC alone means you are recirculating their air around the house. Probably need to keep them to their bedroom and bath. Send in food, take dirty dishes to the dishwasher. This is not the movie "Outbreak" so do not go overboard. If you are in the same house you can only do so much.
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2022 at 4:07:22 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Does your fiancee self test? I think at my daughters high school some of the kids self test, which is just swabbing their nostrils, far as I know? But if that is the test, I would like my ent to do it, he's had machinery, cameras, swabs, probes all kinds of stuff clear back their even looking down to the lungs. I have a deviated septum and I don't think I can do a proper job of it? Especially if I'm supposed to rub that cotton tip against the front of my brain pan and give them the swab back? I'm just saying my ent can get anything back their pretty smoothly, I feel better than these roadside tent testing places where the testers have limited experience. And who knows what the multiplier is now anyway? is it still 30-40, or down to a reasonable 25 or below?

Keep posting if you would, like to hear how it works out. What do you have now 3 days, with you positive and here immune fending off the Corona?

We both self-tested. I’m not sure which kind of self-test you’re referring to, but I think you’ve gone too far if you’re in the hole that’s actually inside of your nose. The way I understood the instructions, you’re supposed to go push the thing into the top corner and roll it around a bit.

Or, would a deviated septum prevent that? I’m sorry, but I’m not a doctor, so I have no idea what deviated septum means as I don’t know what a septum is.

We made no attempt to separate in our apartment, slept beside one another, etc. Her choice. I’d have got a cheap hotel room had she wanted me to.

I guess I tested positive on Sunday, but I was sick Friday, so I’d say almost a week. I think Friday was a false negative, or maybe I didn’t perform the self test as well. I’ll let you know if there are any updates, but I just have a stuffy nose right now. The stuffy nose could even be unrelated; I didn’t have a stuffy nose over the weekend.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 7th, 2022 at 6:11:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lifesaving-covid-treatments-face-rationing-184546443.html

Getting bad out there as hospitals running out of treatments for their covid patients

Thank goodness that dumb Ivermectin horse paste was not mentioned. I'm still gobsmacked that some Trumpers were pushing this obvious BS simply due to politics.
I think Ivermectin mania has finally died out. Its gotta be the dumbest thought on the planet to think the medical community conspired against ivermectin. Right up there with believing the boogie man
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"