Stimulus

June 17th, 2020 at 2:48:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Yeah, I have to sit in the place screwing off on forums, reading the news or watching Youtube videos. Compare that to being at home screwing off on forums, reading the news, or watching Youtube videos. It's awful.

I don't know what laundromats you have been going to, but I'm often the only person in the one I go to at the times I choose to go.

No, it's actually not awful. I get all of the laundry done in less than 1/4th of the time and it gives me the rest of the day to do whatever else.

I don't think I would travel in heavy snow or heavy rain to go to the laundromat, would probably just use the machines at home, in that event.

You are aware that the whole idea of a washer is to throw your clothes in then go do something else? At home that can be anything. If I am working from home I throw a load in and go back to work. Or you can cook, clean, or lounge in comfort.

Compared to sitting in a hard chair IF one is available. Spend 2 hours with the same people you will see at the Big 6 wheel later in the day. Going to a laundromat when you have a washer/dryer at home is a bit like renting a Yaris for the weekend when you have a Cadillac in the garage.
The President is a fink.
June 17th, 2020 at 4:29:59 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
Sure you do. Many is the time
I did a load and said, boy, I
wish I could haul this out to
the car, drive to a laundromat,
wait for a machine, get $4
in quarters, sit and watch the
asses of 3 feet wide whales
wander around. Nothing I
like better than washing my
clothes in the same machine
75 other low life's have washed
theirs in.

Do you want me to take a picture of the stupid things? After that, I'll go to my ex-wife's and take a picture of hers, which came over from the previous house where we lived together. And then, my and my fiancee's previous place, the washer/dryer was already there and didn't even belong to us. I think there's also a spare dryer at my ex-wife's, which is the one we replaced from the previous house. It kind of works, but is so-so. It would work in a pinch if the one she has now breaks, or if someone else she knows has one that breaks; I imagine she would offer them that one. For that reason, it might already be gone, which is why I say I think there is a spare.

I think your post is a good example of what makes a Republican a Republican. You clearly can't even wrap your head around the notion that someone may like doing something a different way from the way you do.

Maybe you're still mentally in the 1960's where owning a washer/dryer was a status symbol, or something. Well, it's 2020, old man, and just about anyone who wants to own a washer/dryer can, unless they're extremely destitute.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 17th, 2020 at 4:43:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
You are aware that the whole idea of a washer is to throw your clothes in then go do something else? At home that can be anything. If I am working from home I throw a load in and go back to work. Or you can cook, clean, or lounge in comfort.

Compared to sitting in a hard chair IF one is available. Spend 2 hours with the same people you will see at the Big 6 wheel later in the day. Going to a laundromat when you have a washer/dryer at home is a bit like renting a Yaris for the weekend when you have a Cadillac in the garage.

Yeah, but then I get distracted and leave wet clothes in the washer for hours, then they stink and need to be washed again. Also, the comforter doesn't fit. If I want the comforter washed, then I have to go to the laundromat anyway, so why wouldn't I do everything else there?

I'm not uncomfortable at the laundromat. The chairs are okay; I grab a can of pop from the machine. There's a bakery two down, so if I'm in a mood where I don't care about nutrition so much that day, I might go and grab one of their individually-sized cheesecakes.

I don't play Big 6 and, generally, there is anywhere from 0-2 people at the laundromat when I go. I specifically go at a time when there won't be many other people there.

Anyway, it's like I told EvenBob, you can't imagine someone having a preference that's not shared with your preference. I can even take my laptop down to the laundromat, if I wanted to, because they have Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi is almost as good as it is here.

I mainly just like to focus on the task at hand and get it all done at once and as quickly as possible. I don't want to wash and dry a load of laundry every other day and keep up with it like that...and there wouldn't be enough laundry to do that without mixing lights and darks. I want to have almost as much as possible dirty at once and then go get it all done at once.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 17th, 2020 at 6:00:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
I think you will discover that you don't have enough truck for that trailer to haul this : https://coachmenrv.com/travel-trailers/apex-nano/194BHS/4931

IIRC, you said you have a heavy half or something like that? That trailer empty and dry lists 4800 lbs. Add 400 lbs. of water and 800 pounds of your stuff, food/beverage stereo etc., doesn't take long to get 800, that puts the trailer weight at 3 tons. It can be done, but a pita. If you love this truck, that much, you would do yourself a favor and put airbags on it before heading down the open road.

I think I will be alright on pulling this RV. Truck rated to pull 7500 LB. The water tanks are larger then what I am used to. Fresh Water tank is 50 gallons. I keep it empty so that saves a lot of weight. I only need that tank full if boondocking and I plan to do very little boondocking, I always get a hookup. 30 gallon grey water tank, I empty that before a drive. That also saves weight. 30 gallon black water tank, have to leave alone till 2/3 full. So can carry 110 gallons but will only carry 20 gallon maximum (it will take a long time to get to 20 gallons of black crap. lol).
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 17th, 2020 at 6:03:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman

Anyway, it's like I told EvenBob, you can't imagine someone having a preference that's not shared with your preference. I can even take my laptop down to the laundromat, if I wanted to, because they have Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi is almost as good as it is here.

No, I can understand that. I get some people prefer 3CP to BJ. Ford or Chevy. Hank William, Jr. or Metallica.

What I cannot grasp is wanting to go sit at a laundromat vs. just use your own washer/dryer.
The President is a fink.
June 17th, 2020 at 6:06:35 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
No, I can understand that. I get some people prefer 3CP to BJ. Ford or Chevy. Hank William, Jr. or Metallica.

What I cannot grasp is wanting to go sit at a laundromat vs. just use your own washer/dryer.

I guess, but I've already explained my reasons for it. If you needed a pragmatic reason, see the part about the comforter. It's a good heavy comforter that I could not possibly get into the washer here. Even if I shoved it in there, it would not get thoroughly washed.
June 17th, 2020 at 6:10:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I guess, but I've already explained my reasons for it. If you needed a pragmatic reason, see the part about the comforter. It's a good heavy comforter that I could not possibly get into the washer here. Even if I shoved it in there, it would not get thoroughly washed.

How often do you wash a comforter? I wash mine like twice a year because washing wears them out. Mine fit in my washer. Laundromat washers around me are not a whole lot bigger than a home washer, usually they are the same.
The President is a fink.
June 17th, 2020 at 6:21:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
How often do you wash a comforter? I wash mine like twice a year because washing wears them out. Mine fit in my washer. Laundromat washers around me are not a whole lot bigger than a home washer, usually they are the same.

Once a week. If it wears out, which takes longer than you might think, just buy a new one and donate the old. I bet whoever walks into the GoodWill and gets a used (but clean) comforter for a few bucks is very happy to have it.

The laundromat here has everything from standard size top-loading washers to standard front loaders and then two or three even bigger sizes. I think there might even be a commercial-sized washer or two there, but I don't need those ones. I believe people mainly use the commercial ones if they are the laundry pick-up/drop-off gig workers, or people who have heavy work outfits and want to wash a bunch of them at once.
June 17th, 2020 at 7:08:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

(Bold added)

By the way, while we're all merrily judging what each other do, that's disgusting. The only way it's not disgusting is if your comforter is essentially a decoration that you take on and off the bed every night and do not lay under or on top of otherwise. Either that, or you shower immediately before bed every night and literally never sweat in your sleep.

Think of all of the grime and sweat that thing collects over six months just from casual contact with it. Repulsive. How do you know when it's time to wash it---when you can't even walk into the bedroom without smelling it, or does the smell have to permeate your entire place first?

https://www.thespruce.com/how-often-to-wash-bedding-1900210#:~:text=Unless%20the%20comforter%20has%20something,every%20two%20to%20four%20weeks.

Quote:
On the other hand, if there is no separate cover, you'll need to wash the entire comforter every week and whenever spills or stains occur. If your machine can't handle the size, you may need to launder your comforter at a laundromat where there are oversize machines for bedding.
June 17th, 2020 at 7:10:15 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
How often do you wash a comforter? I wash mine like twice a year because washing wears them out.

You must not have pets. We have two dogs and a cat and they all sleep in bed with us. The comforter gets covered in fur. We probably wash ours every other week.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.