Stimulus

June 17th, 2020 at 11:10:58 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
I'm pretty picky about bedclothes, though.

I read a few weeks ago the average
single male between 20 and 45
washes his sheets 3-4 times a
YEAR. Not making that up, it was
in an article about relationships.
Most women get light headed
when they hear that, I imagine
some get close to passing out.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 17th, 2020 at 11:31:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
Translation: Other people have been doing
my laundry all my life and now that
I have to do it I hate it. So I let it pile
up and up and finally just drag it
to a place where I can do it all at
once. Typical ex married guy, spoiled
by the mommy's in his life.

I literally just said, earlier in this thread, that our washer broke when I was seventeen and I volunteered to go to the laundromat to do the laundry for my Mom. Even after she bought a new washer, I continued to go to the laundromat. I described the account in more detail than I ever thought I would. In fact, I never expected my claim to own a washer/dryer to be challenged.

Also, I've washed my own clothes since I was like eight.

My ex-wife did generally do my laundry for me when we were married, but that's because she was sometimes stay-at-home and sometimes VERY part-time work and I worked 70+ hours per week.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 17th, 2020 at 11:31:44 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
I read a few weeks ago the average
single male between 20 and 45
washes his sheets 3-4 times a
YEAR. Not making that up, it was
in an article about relationships.
Most women get light headed
when they hear that, I imagine
some get close to passing out.

I'm not married, but nor am I single. Can kind of understand why some of those guys might be.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 17th, 2020 at 11:34:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
In fact, I never expected my claim to own a washer/dryer to be challenged.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 17th, 2020 at 11:39:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

I think you will discover that you don't have enough truck for that trailer to haul this : https://coachmenrv.com/travel-trailers/apex-nano/194BHS/4931

IIRC, you said you have a heavy half or something like that? That trailer empty and dry lists 4800 lbs. Add 400 lbs. of water and 800 pounds of your stuff, food/beverage stereo etc., doesn't take long to get 800, that puts the trailer weight at 3 tons. It can be done, but a pita. If you love this truck, that much, you would do yourself a favor and put airbags on it before heading down the open road.

Quote: terapined
I think I will be alright on pulling this RV. Truck rated to pull 7500 LB. The water tanks are larger then what I am used to. Fresh Water tank is 50 gallons. I keep it empty so that saves a lot of weight. I only need that tank full if boondocking and I plan to do very little boondocking, I always get a hookup. 30 gallon grey water tank, I empty that before a drive. That also saves weight. 30 gallon black water tank, have to leave alone till 2/3 full. So can carry 110 gallons but will only carry 20 gallon maximum (it will take a long time to get to 20 gallons of black crap. lol).

Rechecking the weights
I have plenty of truck
UVW is 3634 LB (That's the shipping weight to the dealer. excludes water, propane tank and battery
GVWR is 4800. That's the maximum weight the trailer can handle and that includes water and all my stuff
If I am carrying a minimum amount of fluids, can load up to a thousand pounds of personal stuff and be safe
Truck rated to pull over 7k pounds and the Max I will pull is 4800
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 17th, 2020 at 12:08:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Rechecking the weights
I have plenty of truck
UVW is 3634 LB (That's the shipping weight to the dealer. excludes water, propane tank and battery
GVWR is 4800. That's the maximum weight the trailer can handle and that includes water and all my stuff
If I am carrying a minimum amount of fluids, can load up to a thousand pounds of personal stuff and be safe
Truck rated to pull over 7k pounds and the Max I will pull is 4800
You do have a brake sending unit inside your pick-up, yes? Do you know how those work?

Pulling them is only a small part of the equation. Handling them in adverse conditions is what counts.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 17th, 2020 at 12:32:52 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Perhaps we should have this conversation broken off and make it "A Deadhead Permanently On The Road" or something like that...

I am interested, but it is not a stimulus conversation
June 17th, 2020 at 12:38:56 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
You do have a brake sending unit inside your pick-up, yes? Do you know how those work?

Pulling them is only a small part of the equation. Handling them in adverse conditions is what counts.

Yes, got the electric brakes on the RV hooked up. My understanding, I hit the brakes, operates both the F150 and the RV. I have a controller by my steering wheel where I can apply just the RV brakes and a dial to adjust the RV brakes.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 17th, 2020 at 12:44:45 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Also, you don't even necessarily need quarters anymore.

There's an app (I haven't tried it) upon which you can load money and then you just scan your phone at the machines.

Son in Gainesville uses a laundromat. He has to pay by credit card. It doesn't take AMEX and that is his main credit card. He has a Visa that is my account as an extra back up. I see a bunch of $1.50 charges every month when he does his laundry. When I separated from first wife I told real estate agent these are my absolute requirements for an apartment. AC. Cable. Washer/dryer. When I found out there were many that came with a garage I added that as a need. I hate using a shared washer/dryer.
June 17th, 2020 at 12:49:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
I hate using a shared washer/dryer.

Me also. Another reason to avoid
laundromats when possible.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.