No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

October 18th, 2020 at 10:48:36 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Since the television age, which I begin at the first televised debates in 1960, no dud like Biden has ever won, except, maybe, Carter over Ford. However, Republicans have a huge edge with higher voting participation rates. Republicans tend to vote dependably, good times and bad. I think the long lines will favor Biden.

A wild card is I suspect many Trump voters will vote twice. With many states being decided by a few percentage points, cheating could make the difference.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 18th, 2020 at 10:57:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
Since the television age, which I begin at the first televised debates in 1960, no dud like Biden has ever won, except, maybe, Carter over Ford. However, Republicans have a huge edge with higher voting participation rates. Republicans tend to vote dependably, good times and bad. I think the long lines will favor Biden.e.

You make no sense. A dud like
Biden has never won, Repubs
have a huge edge, Repubs
vote dependably, yet you
think the big lines are Biden
voters? What?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2020 at 12:26:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Not a single event for
Biden.

Trump needs fanatics to feed Trump's bloated ego. It will be relief to see that go away. Biden doesn't need the clown rallies.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 19th, 2020 at 12:30:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
Great way to win an argument. 10/10

Ok, you asked. I didn't go looking
for this, it was in my Youtube que
tonight. Oh. My. God. Everything
he talks about here has been verified.
And it's only scratching the surface.
Rudy says there's an unbelievable
amount of info on Hunter's hard
drive.

Joe Biden might be the biggest
political criminal in our history,
He's been selling his political
influence to the highest bidder
for 30 years. Crack addict Hunter
took every bit of material he
received and put it on his computer,
unprotected. And promptly forgot
about it, apparently.

For a lifelong prosecutor like Rudy,
this hard drive is the end of the
rainbow pot of gold. It's the kind
of evidence prosecutors only
dream about. Watch the whole
38 min, it goes by fast. You'll
see.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2020 at 2:56:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I drove past an early voting site in Las Vegas on Saturday. Huge line. I've voted in that same spot in 2016 and no line at all. I don't know what this says, but just stating it happened. I have voted in every presidential election since 1984. It won't be the same to put a ballot in the mail, but I'd rather do that than spend hours in a line to vote.

It is like when the new iPhone comes out. Wait a day or two and there will be no line. These are the same people who wait all day Thanksgiving at Best Buy to save a few bucks. They have more time than smarts.
The President is a fink.
October 19th, 2020 at 2:58:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

A wild card is I suspect many Trump voters will vote twice. With many states being decided by a few percentage points, cheating could make the difference.

How, exactly, do you figure this will happen?
The President is a fink.
October 19th, 2020 at 7:37:42 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
You mean like you, watching
sports on TV and taking naps?

Sports are educational, politics are fiction.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 19th, 2020 at 7:46:58 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Sports are educational, politics are fiction.

Sports offers incredible drama.
How about last night, game 7, tight score
Politics offers a minor diversion
Now that I voted
Cant wait for the World Series
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 19th, 2020 at 7:49:14 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
How, exactly, do you figure this will happen?

Most people who vote twice vote by mail then vote in person on election day before their mail ballot gets registered.

Or in some cases will vote in person twice (once at their current address and once at their former voting location).

These are the most common ways, I am sure that there are others. Both cases, people usually get caught pretty easily because there is a record of the same person voting more than once in the same election.
October 19th, 2020 at 7:59:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
However, Republicans have a huge edge with higher voting participation rates.

That was before this virus

Republicans tend to vote dependably, good times and bad.

I have no doubt some republicans will change their vote, especially vulnerable seniors

I think the long lines will favor Biden.

No doubt. For the 1st time in our lives, due to the virus, people are voting as if their lives depended on the outcome.
I am absolutely thrilled seeing and hearing about high voter participation rates

I'm amazed how out of touch Trump is with the country. I've been travelling a lot. Most people are taking this virus seriously. I'm stunned at all the masks I see worn outside. I'm very scared of this virus yet I dont wear a mask when in the desert hunting petroglyphs. Many are masked up in the middle of a desert with nobody near. I'm very very scared of this virus and its actually nice to see many actually more scared then me
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"