No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

August 25th, 2020 at 3:10:52 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
No, it could not have ever been won. The only chance to win was to cross the DMZ and occupy all of NV. That was never going to happen. Even if that happened it would have been years of a brutal occupation and lots of insurgents to put down. There was no stomach for any of that.

Nation Building is a losing business.

It could have been won with more troops on the ground and a broader coalition. Also, having a better South Vietnamese government probably would have helped.

The problem is nation building is not a business, it is progressing the world. If you look at military involvements purely as a way to make the country gain in some way (economically or strategically etc...), there will be millions of people living in bad environments with nobody willing to help them.
August 25th, 2020 at 3:22:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
It could have been won with more troops on the ground and a broader coalition. Also, having a better South Vietnamese government probably would have helped.

And if we nuked Ho Chi Min City! Or just firebombed it like Dresden and Tokyo. The stomach to do that was not there.

SV was a total disaster up and down. We were hoping to make it work, but it did not. Too many American boys gave their lives for the fiasco.

Quote:
The problem is nation building is not a business, it is progressing the world. If you look at military involvements purely as a way to make the country gain in some way (economically or strategically etc...), there will be millions of people living in bad environments with nobody willing to help them.

Yes, that is what military involvements are for. Even WWII was more about stopping the krauts than it was about helping everyone else. If they tool Russia they would have ruled the world. That could not be allowed to happen.

Nation building must be done thru building a nation's economy. As nations get wealthier they get more benevolent to their people. What did more good--occupation of West Germany or roping them into the world banking and trading system?
The President is a fink.
August 25th, 2020 at 3:34:45 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: DRich
Why would he bet even money if he can get +123?

Quote: terapined
For fun. Isn't that the reason people gamble knowing the odds are against them
He thinks Trump will win
I am offering him the chance to take 100 off of me

One day into the RNC Convention
It's already getting better for Trump, Pinnacle now at +114
I'll bet $87.75 to win your $100, which is +114
Or $100 to win your $114, whichever you prefer
SooPoo will you be the escrow holder?
I'll send my cash to whatever address SooPoo includes in a Private Message, you do the same.
Bet is settled on 1/20/2021 based on who takes the Oath of Office for POTUS
When you ask for more than the current odds, it doesn't count as putting your money where you mouth is.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
August 25th, 2020 at 4:13:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: JCW09
One day into the RNC Convention

In 2016 in Oct Betfair and Ladbrokes
had Trump at 6/1 odds, and Hillary
at 1/11. They gave her an 85% chance
of winning on Oct 15th.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 25th, 2020 at 4:52:05 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
AS if you would know.
You go wave that flag emblem you were forced to get rid of on the other board in front of a lot of blacks and get back to us.

lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 25th, 2020 at 10:02:29 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Why do you guys care enough to argue about it? We all have our beliefs and aren't going to change the minds of others. What will be will be.
That's true, we got guys here like AZ and SOOPOO who have never lost a debate against the libbies, yet the libbies keep on going..... 😒

How old are you? It was huge news, though many of us suspect the real reason for the endorsement was skin color.
He'll probably just ignore this question lol
Just like he ignores everything else he doesn't like to read 😂😂

Quote: Evenbob
Why do you engage with him?
It's a vast waste of time.
Yep, that's exactly why I blocked him! 👍
August 25th, 2020 at 10:06:05 PM permalink
Shrek
This is a pile of nonsense. You cannot give any good examples of racism and the GOP. We can give many about the Democrat Party.

Yep, Creepy Joe used the freakin N-word ON VIDEO, yet libbies just ignore it..... 😒

August 25th, 2020 at 10:10:21 PM permalink
Shrek
Quote: JCW09
Why would he bet even money if he can get +123?
Quote: terapined
For fun. Isn't that the reason people gamble knowing the odds are against them
He thinks Trump will win
I am offering him the chance to take 100 off of me

I'll bet $87.75 to win your $100, which is +114
Or $100 to win your $114, whichever you prefer

I can't believe that terapined dude is trying to rip you off by giving you those wack odds.

You can get +114, but he only wants to give you EVEN MONEY?!?! Typical freaking libbie man.... 😒
August 25th, 2020 at 10:16:54 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Shrek
Yep, Creepy Joe used the freakin N-word ON VIDEO, yet libbies just ignore it..... 😒

Referring to the court case in which the plan was struck down, Biden said “As to the Governor, the Court concluded, quote: ‘The Governor’s opposition to the Nunez plan was predicated in significant part on his delineation of a majority-black district centered in Orleans Parrish.'” Biden then added “And in confidential portions of your staff memo, they brought to your attention the allegation that an important legislator in defeating the Nunez plan in the basement said, quote: ‘We already have a n****r mayor; we don’t need another n****r big-shot.'” - June 5, 1985
August 25th, 2020 at 10:22:30 PM permalink
Shrek
Quote: Pacomartin
Referring to the court case in which the plan was struck down, Biden said “As to the Governor, the Court concluded, quote: ‘The Governor’s opposition to the Nunez plan was predicated in significant part on his delineation of a majority-black district centered in Orleans Parrish.'” Biden then added “And in confidential portions of your staff memo, they brought to your attention the allegation that an important legislator in defeating the Nunez plan in the basement said, quote: ‘We already have a n****r mayor; we don’t need another n****r big-shot.'” - June 5, 1985

Doesn't matter. He should have censored himself just like the way you censored yourself above.
If Trump or any other Republican had said that same thing, we all know what would happen.....

White people can't even sing a song that has the N-word without getting criticized.