The Debates

September 29th, 2020 at 8:30:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: aceofspades
Yeah Wallace tried but he lost control

To be fair it was the format. Trump will dominate a conversation with 99% of the planet with that much leeway. If they had the format of sit in a chair and walk to the mic for your turn then structured rebuttal it would not have been nearly as bad. Notice they did not even have a bell for time like they often do.

My take is the needle did not move much at all, most of what I am seeing is people did not like what it became on both sides. Biden did not do himself any favors by saying he does not support the GND. The ones who support it will not flip but a few will stay home.

Neither of them looked like the Harvard Debate Club. Trump needs to learn to let the other guy keep going when he is digging himself a hole. Wallace was hitting Biden once or twice but Trump jumped in. Like in a poker final table, let others fight your battles when they want to fight. I hope Limbaugh calls him and explains this part to him.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2020 at 8:33:43 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I think Biden did great
He certainly looked and sounded like the same ol Biden to me
I just dont understand where this senile stuff came from
I never ever saw any evidence of it ever before
yet
there were multiple members on this board(some very intelligent conservatives I respect) that claimed Biden was senile or something similar
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 29th, 2020 at 8:53:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined

I just dont understand where this senile stuff came from

I sure didn't see any evidence that he will fade before the next 2 debates. Though I still don't have a lot of confidence his term in office will be that long.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 29th, 2020 at 8:54:03 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: SOOPOO
Mute button needed. If candidate X s due two minutes, mute candidate Y during those two minutes. Any way you look at it, this debate is a low point in the history of American politics.

Politicians will never agree to a mute button or a mic cutoff on time. That would give up too much control and cede too much power to the other person. Without being able to interrupt and immediately rebuff, rebut, or otherwise derail or distract from what the other person is saying, the audience would have a chance to actually hear, process, and possibly even believe what a candidate is saying.

I'd love to see the debate candidates in game show booths like win ben Stein's money. Here's a question, you are now unmuted, two minutes, the clock starts now.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 29th, 2020 at 8:55:17 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: rxwine
I sure didn't see any evidence that he will fade before the next 2 debates. Though I still don't have a lot of confidence his term in office will be that long.

I don't see a point of any more debates, if they are going to be anything like that one.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 29th, 2020 at 9:30:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Trump should have interrupted more,
all the lies and media myths Biden
was spewing. So Biden's platform
is, raise corporate taxes almost
10%, rejoin the Paris accord,
throw out all the trade deals
Trump has made, and get his
own version of the Green Raw
Deal that costs trillions of
dollars. Oh, and shut the
economy down again till
everybody is vaccinated.
So with Biden we have a
guaranteed recession/
depression/collapse.

Biden was completely pandering
to his base, not a single Trumper
with say, hey, what a great leader
Biden would make. Biden is
a known quantity, and his
exp date was 20 years ago.

He was pumped up on something,
too bad they can't give it to
him every day. But the side effects
of it would be brutal, he'd be
even more of a basket case then
he is now. And telling the president
to shut his mouth and calling him
a clown twice? You just don't do
that, made Joe look like a moron.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 29th, 2020 at 9:40:44 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
was spewing.
+100

Exactly, that's what I was thinking too!!

I'm just glad that Trump didn't listen to any of the so-called "experts". I'd much rather have him come across as too strong than too weak. Because "too weak" is exactly how Romney and McCain came across in their debates and look where it got them!!

Also, like you said Biden looked SO unpresidential calling Trump a "clown". That was totally uncalled for, and I'm sure people noticed.
September 29th, 2020 at 9:45:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
was spewing.

I would say you watched a different debate, but you're probably just parroting some winger nonsense.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 29th, 2020 at 10:31:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek
I'd much rather have him come across as too strong than too weak. .

Biden is the most pathetic
Monday morning
quarterback. He never
says what he would have
done, but it would be
totally different than
what Trump did. From
a guy who stole other
peoples works and called
them his own all his life.
Who couldn't fart up an
original idea to save his
life. Who has a 47 year
record of accomplishing
nothing except fondling
little girls and sexually
assaulting women. Biden
is a walking joke, why he
is where he is, is an insult
to the election process.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 30th, 2020 at 4:05:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman