Stop the Steal!

Thread Rating:

November 24th, 2020 at 10:12:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: OnceDear
He would be torn to shreds in our parliament, where he is obliged to appear weekly for Prime Ministers Questions. The opposition party would shred him first, but his own parties back benchers would make him explain himself too. The public would be outraged and would protest through their members of parliament and through peaceful protests on the street. There would likely be a 'vote of no confidence' in the leader, or his party, leading to early dismissal.
Our PM leads from within parliament. He doesn't rule from without. We don't elect our PM, we elect the leading party and that party elect him and can replace him.
Both our incumbent party and our opposition parties work for this country first, with much common ground. Imperfect, but different to your system.

Makes perfect sense to me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 24th, 2020 at 10:26:17 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Oh, please. Nations try to influence EVERY election. Just with Trump the liberals screamed RUSSIARUSSIARUISSIA!

Are you going to accept that China influenced the 2020 election?

So you went from there are no valid reasons to think Russia attempted influenced to "nations try to influence every election" …..

Yes China attempted to influence the 2020 election.

Governments constantly try to sway opinion in other countries through State TV, such as Russia Today (RT) and Al Jazeera (AJ), but when you knowingly watch one of those channels you know that you are watching foreign state tv.

The difference with social media movements is that they try to spring up grassroots movements to appear as though they are American. Some are to push a political candidate, more often its to sow discontent or push the focus onto issues (and more importantly off of issues) of importance to their country (such as climate change and activities in the South China Sea).

The fact is Russia wanted Trump to win. Anyone who still disputes this is not living in reality (or listens to Alex Jones and thinks there is some deep state conspiracy with all Intelligence Agencies and social media companies, I am not sure which is worse....).

I can assure you that the Senate Intelligence Committee (and most of the people who run Intelligence agencies and high ranking Military Officers) are not "libbies" (by and large, you can find some Democrats)....
The Republicans (well to be fair, more so only Trump's fan club) only started to hate them when they publish the truth... For the first time in history conservatives dislike the Intelligence services more than the liberals... And, it is pretty much all because of this one issue.
November 24th, 2020 at 10:36:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

I can assure you that the Senate Intelligence Committee (and most of the people who run Intelligence agencies and high ranking Military Officers) are not "libbies" (by and large, you can find some Democrats)....
The Republicans (well to be fair, more so only Trump's fan club) only started to hate them when they publish the truth... For the first time in history conservatives dislike the Intelligence services more than the liberals... And, it is pretty much all because of this one issue.

Call them whatever you want, they are part of the swamp that is our government.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2020 at 10:44:13 AM permalink
Gandler
Call them whatever you want, they are part of the swamp that is our government.

Ok so you are in Trump's camp then...

"No evidence of Russian involvement"
*Gets presented with literally overwhelming evidence*
"They are part of the swamp"

…..
If you are not going to believe anything that does not come directly from Trump (besides being misguided because he is a serial liar), then you can't be reasoned with on this issue. All information has to come from the government on these issues (or in some cases social media companies, which I am guessing you don't trust either.....)
November 24th, 2020 at 10:58:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
Ok so you are in Trump's camp then...

"No evidence of Russian involvement"
*Gets presented with literally overwhelming evidence*
"They are part of the swamp"

…..
If you are not going to believe anything that does not come directly from Trump (besides being misguided because he is a serial liar), then you can't be reasoned with on this issue. All information has to come from the government on these issues (or in some cases social media companies, which I am guessing you don't trust either.....)

I can't be reasoned with? I am not one of the many on this board who have spent 4+ years infatuated with a guy I hate more than lofe itself.

Trump is an outsider who got amazing support and won as POTUS. The establishment cannot have that! We are seeing how the establishment handles it. Banana Republic they are making us.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2020 at 11:05:02 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Trump is an outsider who got amazing support and won as POTUS.

Yeah, so what.

Quote:
My Pet Rock sold for $3.95, and creator Gary Dahl unloaded more than five million of the igneous invertebrates in six months. He walked away with a cool $15 million
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 24th, 2020 at 11:06:46 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Trump is an outsider who got amazing support and won as POTUS. The establishment cannot have that! We are seeing how the establishment handles it. Banana Republic they are making us.
Who's the establishment? Congress? The Senate? GOP? Dems? Big Business? Wall Street, Europe? Nato? UN? The Church? Which Church?
Quote: Monty Python
*thunder*

Voice of the Lord: The one in the braces, he done it!

Klaus: It's a fair cop, but society's to blame.

Detective: Agreed. We'll be charging them too.
November 24th, 2020 at 11:50:28 AM permalink
Gandler
I can't be reasoned with? I am not one of the many on this board who have spent 4+ years infatuated with a guy I hate more than lofe itself.

I said on this issue , "then you can't be reasoned with on this issue" .

Yes, when we need to government for such data, if you deny data from our government and automatically side with Trump you can't be reasoned with on this issue.

Trump never had "amazing support", he got crushed on the popular vote both times....

As for making us a banana republic? A leader calling an election not legitimate and refusing to concede (and musing about refusing to leave office), is far more dangerous. The fact that more people are not realizing how dangerous a precedent this is should be alarming. Nothing like this has happened.
November 24th, 2020 at 11:58:27 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Funny the words banana republic have come up.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a vehement anti-Trump Republican, said Sunday that the United States is starting to resemble a “banana republic” under President Trump.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/nov/22/md-gov-larry-hogan-us-beginning-to-look-like-a-ban/
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 24th, 2020 at 12:08:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: OnceDear
Who's the establishment? Congress? The Senate? GOP? Dems? Big Business? Wall Street, Europe? Nato? UN? The Church? Which Church?

Democrat and GOP leadership in Congress; top-level of any part of the government; along with their business friends.
The President is a fink.