The Biden Presidency 2021

November 2nd, 2021 at 1:10:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
Bashing him for conspiracies that are demonstrably false is just insane.

You mean like how they bashed Trump for a fake pee tape and all we heard was Russia Russia Russia for four years? You mean we don't get to do that with Poopypants Biden? Of course we do, turnabout is fair play in politics.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 2nd, 2021 at 1:15:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
You mean like how they bashed Trump for a fake pee tape and all we heard was Russia Russia Russia for four years? You mean we don't get to do that with Poopypants Biden? Of course we do, turnabout is fair play in politics.

It sure is. Which is why no one really cares about the poopy pants thing. It’s been a couple of days and already it’s down to just fleaswatter and EB using it. It’s obviously just an attempt at some revenge for Donny’s piss fetish.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 2nd, 2021 at 2:25:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Speaking of Tucker Carlson.

Quote:
Tucker says he “finds it appalling” that none of the money that was sent to Trump by supporters to fund election audits or to help J6 defendants ever actually went where it was intended. He is shocked Trump kept all the money.

I'm not shocked.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1455350107382157315?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1455350107382157315%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediaite.com%2Fpolitics%2Ftucker-carlson-shocked-that-trump-hasnt-sent-jan-6-rioters-any-money-i-just-find-that-appalling%2F
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 2nd, 2021 at 2:31:55 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: JCW09
Classic RxEd Comedy Gold!
You just can't make this $hit up & why would you when he posts it himself?
JCWO9. are your PM's locked? I tried to send you one but can't get through?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 2nd, 2021 at 2:38:28 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
November 2nd, 2021 at 3:55:49 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Mission146
As long as the topic is not what college football coaches get paid, then I would say you're about as intellectually consistent as they come.

Both the Far Left and Far Right, or at least many, many individuals that I would identify as either are just insane, so that they would behave in an insane way and promote insane ideas is not surprising to me. You figure the Far Right is mostly the Evangelical Right, and they believe in God, so that gives you your start when it comes to about where they are at...they're already starting from a position of believing things that don't have any proof.

There are arguably legitimate concerns when it comes to mail in voting; the election was not rigged; both things can be true.

Oh there are legitimate concerns about election security, but even the most over the top estimates don't even put a worst case scenario in the realm of making a dent on the numbers forget changing the election. My main problem with "concerns about election security" is that it usually only applies when it is used to case doubt on an election you do not accept.

I am too lazy to pull up the Study (I have posted it many times in the past), but the study commissioned by Trump (to prove such issues), found just over 2k (or I think it was just under, either way around 2k) confirmed convictions in every election across America in the last thirty years (and that is a lot of elections). That is about as statistical as a nothing burger as it comes. And, this includes violations like "voter intimidation at or near polling sites" and physicals location violations (electioneering type stuff near polling sites) IE stuff not directly related to ballot security or mail. 2k Violations over thirty years over every election at every level may as well be zero (especially when a significant portion of that 2K is not even ballot related).

So I just do not buy that this is a major problem when a well funded study designed to find a problem failed to do so....

Many liberals acted like babies when Trump won, I'll admit that, but they accepted the election. The Right still is claiming that Trump is the President. This is a huge difference. Its living in total denial. I'll take "woke" college kids acting obnoxious for losing as long as they accept that they fairly lost. Storming the capitol is beyond unacceptable (and borderline treason, in the case of some organizers it is treason).

Remember when Trump bashed Clinton for waiting a few hours longer than the norm to concede defeat? How many hours as it been and Trump has still not conceded? And, yet he is gearing up to run again when he should still be President? And, he has said he is eligible for three terms now because of his "mistreatment"?.... He is so far out of reality, that it would be sad, but it explains why his supporters are also detached.

So I don't mind if people whine about Biden winning, but at least concede that he won.... If you don't the rest of your criticism is automatically moot.

Quote: Evenbob

I never once talked about the pee tape nor do I even know the full story (my understanding is that the allegation is Trump paid a proustite to urinate on him), even if this were true, I would not care at all. Very common fetish, as long as it is consensual, could not care less.

I care far more about allegations of sexual assault and manipulation by Trump.

As for Russia, that was a fair investigation. Nobody denied that Trump won, the issue at hand was whether the Russian state attempted to influence the election (which they certainly did by all investigations). This does not take away from Trump, it just shows he was Russia's preferred candidate. Trump would have won without Russian help, but this is still important security information to know.
November 2nd, 2021 at 7:51:34 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Though it would be nice to own a business and let free speech reign for what someone says on their own time, realistically it's going to be about content of the message regardless of whether they've broken no laws.

If I run a lumber yard, I'm probably seriously going to find a reason to fire an employee who I find out participates in a message board about enjoying arson, even if he's never been convicted of anything. So, I'd cancel him.

Likewise, if I own a fleet of ice cream trucks and find out a driver participates in regular discussions of under age sex. No evidence of breaking
a single law, but i'm going cancel him also.

My point is, I think the majority of us are going to draw a line somewhere even of legal speech. As long as I'm drawing a line, it's harder to me to choose a line someone else shouldn't violate, especially if none of us can prove direct injury to anyone.

I tend to agree with what you have said, but there's a bit of a difference in an employer finding out someone said something of their own accord and investigation vs. people harassing an employer to fire someone (cancel culture) for something such as an innocuous Facebook post from years prior that wasn't even overtly racist.

In terms of public discourse, cancel culture also attempts to retroactively hold people accountable to the PC standards of today for something that they may have said years or a decade ago.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 2nd, 2021 at 7:54:14 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
Jesus. He’s shocked Donny fleeced his supporters? Tucker is even dumber than I thought.

Despite his credentials, he's one of the dumber people walking the planet, yes.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not convinced he believes a word that comes out of his own mouth, so I'm not so confident in my statement above. He's either incredibly dumb or relatively cunning.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 2nd, 2021 at 8:04:42 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote:
Oh there are legitimate concerns about election security, but even the most over the top estimates don't even put a worst case scenario in the realm of making a dent on the numbers forget changing the election. My main problem with "concerns about election security" is that it usually only applies when it is used to case doubt on an election you do not accept.

What? Do you think that either of the two sides would take a concept and actually uphold it as a principle rather than something to be followed only when it is convenient for them?

Again, this is where neither side is willing to compromise. Voter ID is a perfectly valid thing to want to have put in place and, if you're to have mail-in voting, then I would also find it perfectly acceptable that someone include a copy of the ID with the ballot if they wish to vote that way. License number and birthday aside, there's really nothing on the ID that anyone couldn't find out pretty easily anyway by, I don't know, just looking in a person's mailbox and looking at them physically (hair color, eye color, height). You could even make it so that they could black out the birthday and license number on the copy they are mailing with the ballot.

Quote:
I am too lazy to pull up the Study (I have posted it many times in the past), but the study commissioned by Trump (to prove such issues), found just over 2k (or I think it was just under, either way around 2k) confirmed convictions in every election across America in the last thirty years (and that is a lot of elections). That is about as statistical as a nothing burger as it comes. And, this includes violations like "voter intimidation at or near polling sites" and physicals location violations (electioneering type stuff near polling sites) IE stuff not directly related to ballot security or mail. 2k Violations over thirty years over every election at every level may as well be zero (especially when a significant portion of that 2K is not even ballot related).

So I just do not buy that this is a major problem when a well funded study designed to find a problem failed to do so....

I tend to agree with you on this point, which is precisely why there shouldn't be much of an issue with the Democrats conceding Voter ID (and mail-in ballots having a copy of the ID enclosed with the ballot) on this one. If it's not enough that any result would ever realistically be changed, then you just make the elections more secure and shut them up about it.

Quote:
Many liberals acted like babies when Trump won, I'll admit that, but they accepted the election. The Right still is claiming that Trump is the President. This is a huge difference. Its living in total denial. I'll take "woke" college kids acting obnoxious for losing as long as they accept that they fairly lost. Storming the capitol is beyond unacceptable (and borderline treason, in the case of some organizers it is treason).

"Not my President," is a clear message of unification and solidarity that clearly shows that they accepted the Election. Hell, so many Democrats were talking about Impeachment before Trump was even sworn into office that it becomes clear that they did not accept the election. They just figured they'd have the opportunity to get him out via Impeachment/Removal, despite the fact that the Removal part never had a chance.

Quote:
Remember when Trump bashed Clinton for waiting a few hours longer than the norm to concede defeat? How many hours as it been and Trump has still not conceded? And, yet he is gearing up to run again when he should still be President? And, he has said he is eligible for three terms now because of his "mistreatment"?.... He is so far out of reality, that it would be sad, but it explains why his supporters are also detached.

So I don't mind if people whine about Biden winning, but at least concede that he won.... If you don't the rest of your criticism is automatically moot.

Meh. I have accepted that many on the Left simply do not live in the same world that I do, so why shouldn't it also be true of people on the Right?

(Response to EvenBob omitted from quote as irrelevant to me. I have also never spoken of a pee tape...and I would imagine that if such a tape actually existed it would have been released (haha, get it?) by now, what could someone possibly be waiting for, at this point?)
November 2nd, 2021 at 8:19:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
. I have also never spoken of a pee tape...and I would imagine that if such a tape actually existed it would have been released (haha, get it?) by now, what could someone possibly be waiting for, at this point?)

Well, if you need a made-up but perfectly legitimate reason. Trump is still capable of making political chaos. Why let him be free until he is of no use?

Intelligence of Russian disinformation has said they used to try to make up false stories of their own design. But then they got smarter and now use real political differences and amplify them to disrupt the peace.

Not just in our country, but all over the world.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?