The Biden Presidency 2021

June 10th, 2021 at 12:50:11 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
You probably could have dropped a request in one of those odd job requests sites and found someone already driving down to Florida and given him $30 to take the dog.

If I could find someone I trusted I would pay $1000 for someone to take my two dogs to Florida from Las Vegas, Driving with two big dogs for 30 hours sounds horrible to me. I may just have to pay to stick them in the cargo hold of the plane.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 10th, 2021 at 1:04:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
If I could find someone I trusted I would pay $1000 for someone to take my two dogs to Florida from Las Vegas, Driving with two big dogs for 30 hours sounds horrible to me. I may just have to pay to stick them in the cargo hold of the plane.

There's a female RVer online I follow who is a dog walker and dog sitter. Now if I could just remember which one it is. She is moving around much like Terapined.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 10th, 2021 at 1:17:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Back as long as I can remember (before cell phones) you could find college students going back and forth from home to school to do those kind of transportation jobs for relatively small amounts.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 10th, 2021 at 3:01:52 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
You probably could have dropped a request in one of those odd job requests sites and found someone already driving down to Florida and given him $30 to take the dog.

Add a few zeros…..
June 10th, 2021 at 3:14:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Back as long as I can remember (before cell phones) you could find college students going back and forth from home to school to do those kind of transportation jobs for relatively small amounts.

I don't know about finding people on job boards to do it. I also don't know if I would trust a random school kid with a pet for a couple bucks on a long drive (that may last a couple days, and depending on the animal may require feeding and medication and specific times).

There are legit pet transport companies that are licensed and insured, but they can be pricey (obviously depending on the number and size/type of dogs and distance). Its been a while since I looked into it. If you are doing international shipping they can also be helpful by handling all of the required import paperwork and legal stuff (which can be a hassle in some countries that are very strict on polices for bringing in pets).

I would imagine cats would be cheaper (but cats are very easy to drive and fly with, so it would seem like a waste to hire one for just a cat).
June 10th, 2021 at 3:23:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Gandler
I don't know about finding people on job boards to do it. I also don't know if I would trust a random school kid with a pet for a couple bucks on a long drive (that may last a couple days, and depending on the animal may require feeding and medication and specific times).

Guess times have changed. Twenty years back, I took care of my neighbor's pets for a week for free.

Heck, today, you could phone the car and talk to the person and pet in the middle of the drive which wasn't possible then.
June 10th, 2021 at 3:59:11 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Guess times have changed. Twenty years back, I took care of my neighbor's pets for a week for free.

Heck, today, you could phone the car and talk to the person and pet in the middle of the drive which wasn't possible then.

I have as well, but that is different than driving hundreds of miles with your neighbor's dog and all of the complications that entails (stopping every couple of hours to walk, feeding at specific times, finding places to stop that allow you to bring a dog inside so that you can eat and use the bathroom, etc...)

I would be so stressed if I had to drive somebody else's a huge distance (multi-day trip), I have done long drives with my own dog and it's stressful enough. This is not the same as going to your neighbors house a couple times a day to let the dog in the backyard and check the food/water.

I love dogs and I love traveling, but traveling with a dog is a great way to make you hate both things....
June 16th, 2021 at 11:16:56 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I don't know who looked more uncomfortable when they met, Putin or Biden.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 16th, 2021 at 11:37:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
I don't know who looked more uncomfortable when they met, Putin or Biden.

So great to have a POTUS who isn’t Putin’s Puppet.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 16th, 2021 at 11:47:22 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
So great to have a POTUS who isn’t Putin’s Puppet.

You don't actually believe that s**t anymore do you? The plan worked, make up all kind of stuff and get Trump out of office. Relax probably no more than a 1% chance he will get back in.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin