Page 1 of 41234>
Poll
3 votes (100%)
No votes (0%)

3 members have voted

February 11th, 2021 at 8:18:14 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Just saw a CNN story on a pharmacy in a poor area of Brooklyn that is giving COVID-19 vaccines. The owner says that well over 1/2 of the people are from out of the neighborhood. Many from Long Island, Queens, etc... CNN host’s conclusion is that it is unethical for these people to get the vaccine in the poor neighborhood that there is a zero % chance they would ever be in if not for the vaccine. Wife agrees. I disagree STRONGLY. The government sets rules, like age, medical conditions, etc. The government SPECIFICALLY did NOT set a residency requirement. If my progressive liberal Democrat government did not insist on such a requirement, why on earth would I add that requirement?

Let me be clear. If there WAS a residency requirement I would follow it. Just as I followed all of the other requirements that our government set.
February 11th, 2021 at 8:38:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Just saw a CNN story on a pharmacy in a poor area of Brooklyn that is giving COVID-19 vaccines. The owner says that well over 1/2 of the people are from out of the neighborhood. Many from Long Island, Queens, etc... CNN host’s conclusion is that it is unethical for these people to get the vaccine in the poor neighborhood that there is a zero % chance they would ever be in if not for the vaccine. Wife agrees. I disagree STRONGLY. The government sets rules, like age, medical conditions, etc. The government SPECIFICALLY did NOT set a residency requirement. If my progressive liberal Democrat government did not insist on such a requirement, why on earth would I add that requirement?

Let me be clear. If there WAS a residency requirement I would follow it. Just as I followed all of the other requirements that our government set.

I do not see the big deal at all. If shots are available they are available. How does the CNN host know why they are there? They could easily work nearby.
The President is a fink.
February 11th, 2021 at 9:48:54 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3

I agree with you.

The only concern I have is: why in hell are you watching CNN????
Let's go Brandon
February 11th, 2021 at 10:08:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Did you take all the Halloween candy as a kid when there was no limit stated?

Sure there is an ethical consideration between things you could do vs what is likely expected. I kind of doubt if they bring it to a specific neighborhood just by random chance. It's put there for the people there to access it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 11th, 2021 at 10:38:01 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: rxwine
It's put there for the people there to access it.
. And then WHY was that not part of the rules? I had to fill out a two page document delineating my eligibility proof. It would have been one extra line to put in my address. Why did Cuomo SPECIFICALLY not require an address? Because he forgot?

I was extremely ‘ethical’ as a trick or treater! Where I lived following ‘the rules’ it was quite easy to get an entire bag of candy.

Flea, I watch CNN, Fox, and MSNBC. More Fox than the others. I think it is important to hear all sides. I can only tolerate CNN for a few minutes at a time. NOT saying Fox is unbiased, but CNN is off the rails if it even is implying it is not now just the channel of ‘Trump hate’.
February 11th, 2021 at 11:05:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
. And then WHY was that not part of the rules? I had to fill out a two page document delineating my eligibility proof. It would have been one extra line to put in my address. Why did Cuomo SPECIFICALLY not require an address? Because he forgot?

Well, if nothing else, you've illustrated why we end up with so many laws for anyone confused on why we get so much legislation.

Can't leave any gaps for people to interpret their own way, because they will.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 11th, 2021 at 11:21:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: rxwine
Well, if nothing else, you've illustrated why we end up with so many laws for anyone confused on why we get so much legislation.

Can't leave any gaps for people to interpret their own way, because they will.

Agree. Another question I have wrestled with. I was eligible last round, but my wife and her two kids were not. So I got the shot. But let’s say it was a bullet proof vest that was needed to go through a dangerous area. There is NO WAY I wear it instead of either wifey or one of her daughters.

Wifey and ONE of her daughters will become eligible February 15. It in NO WAY means the other daughter is exempt from getting COVID-19, it just means STATISTICALLY she is less likely to die if she gets it. She was so happy when I got my shot, as she knows I’m at higher risk, but she is having a tough time coming to grips with her NOT being able to protect one of her daughters! There WILL be some (very few, but SOME) families that the single person ineligible gets COVID-19 and DIES. IMAGINE the guilt they will feel!

I told my wife, and she agrees, that each of us vaccinated helps all 4 of us.

We will see if she can even get an appointment. 1/2 of New York State becomes eligible on the 15th.
February 11th, 2021 at 11:52:08 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Agree. Another question I have wrestled with. I was eligible last round, but my wife and her two kids were not. So I got the shot. But let’s say it was a bullet proof vest that was needed to go through a dangerous area. There is NO WAY I wear it instead of either wifey or one of her daughters.

Wifey and ONE of her daughters will become eligible February 15. It in NO WAY means the other daughter is exempt from getting COVID-19, it just means STATISTICALLY she is less likely to die if she gets it. She was so happy when I got my shot, as she knows I’m at higher risk, but she is having a tough time coming to grips with her NOT being able to protect one of her daughters! There WILL be some (very few, but SOME) families that the single person ineligible gets COVID-19 and DIES. IMAGINE the guilt they will feel!

I told my wife, and she agrees, that each of us vaccinated helps all 4 of us.

We will see if she can even get an appointment. 1/2 of New York State becomes eligible on the 15th.

My wife is ten years younger than me and she got the vaccine because she is "essential". Since when are employees of CPA firms essential?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 11th, 2021 at 12:00:10 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Flea, I watch CNN, Fox, and MSNBC. More Fox than the others. I think it is important to hear all sides. I can only tolerate CNN for a few minutes at a time. NOT saying Fox is unbiased, but CNN is off the rails if it even is implying it is not now just the channel of ‘Trump hate’.

I was just "pulling you leg". I should have put a smiley face or a "LOL" after my comment about CNN.
Let's go Brandon
February 11th, 2021 at 12:12:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
My wife is ten years younger than me and she got the vaccine because she is "essential". Since when are employees of CPA firms essential?
Early April.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 1 of 41234>