Happy Easter!

Page 7 of 8« First<45678>
April 16th, 2022 at 12:44:22 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: FrGamble
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter.

I do miss the forum and think often about everyone even though I'm not really involved anymore. I hope all are doing well. God Bless!

Enjoy your celebration and thanks for popping in.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 16th, 2022 at 12:44:38 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Easter again already?

Time go go down that danged rabbit hole...
April 16th, 2022 at 1:48:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

I do miss the forum and think often about everyone even though I'm not really involved anymore. I hope all are doing well. God Bless!

Easter, the holiday where we all pretend Jesus really sacrificed something and he actually sacrificed nothing because he knew he was god and gods can never sacrifice anything all they can do is play games.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 16th, 2022 at 9:00:31 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239

Hola Padre! I wish you a blessed easter. When we met it was shortly before easter and your message was about Jesus' last day and very passionately delivered. I remember it well.

Please keep me in mind if you're ever in the southwest, it would be nice to see you again.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 17th, 2022 at 4:23:05 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Happy easter Wizard. I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.
April 18th, 2022 at 6:55:17 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Pacomartin
Happy easter Wizard. I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.

Thanks. To be honest, I've always found it hard to find a reason to celebrate Easter if you don't believe in the resurrection. Easter egg hunts were fun when my kids were little, but they're much too old for that now.

I tried to torture my rappelling class yesterday with easter trivia, but nobody got very far nor cared about the topic.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 18th, 2022 at 11:05:57 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Deep thought: is it sacreligious or just plain "wrong"l to eat rabbit on Easter?

April 19th, 2022 at 8:07:04 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Wizard
I tried to torture my rappelling class yesterday with easter trivia, but nobody got very far nor cared about the topic.

This is a good Easter Trivia question, but you may have to ask the Padre.

Easter celebrates the Resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after his Crucifixion.

But if Good Friday was the Last Supper (otherwise known as Passover). Passover is celebrated after sunset. If Jesus was arrested after the Supper because he was betrayed by Judas who left the dinner and collected his 30 pieces of silver. If Jesus was taken to Pontius Pilot and then Herod and sentenced to death and crucified over 6 hours from 9AM until after 3 PM (Mark 15:25, 33-38), then how do you get three days until Easter Sunday?

25 It was nine in the morning when they crucified him.

33 At noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon.
34 And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).
35 When some of those standing near heard this, they said, “Listen, he’s calling Elijah.”
36 Someone ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink.
“Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to take him down,” he said.
37 With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.
38 The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.
April 19th, 2022 at 11:25:32 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Pacomartin
This is a good Easter Trivia question, but you may have to ask the Padre.

Easter celebrates the Resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after his Crucifixion.

But if Good Friday was the Last Supper (otherwise known as Passover). Passover is celebrated after sunset. If Jesus was arrested after the Supper because he was betrayed by Judas who left the dinner and collected his 30 pieces of silver. If Jesus was taken to Pontius Pilot and then Herod and sentenced to death and crucified over 6 hours from 9AM until after 3 PM (Mark 15:25, 33-38), then how do you get three days until Easter Sunday?

25 It was nine in the morning when they crucified him.

33 At noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon.
34 And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).
35 When some of those standing near heard this, they said, “Listen, he’s calling Elijah.”
36 Someone ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink.
“Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to take him down,” he said.
37 With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.
38 The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.

The Last Supper was on Thursday, also known as Maundy Thursday.
April 21st, 2022 at 9:39:10 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: RonC
The Last Supper was on Thursday, also known as Maundy Thursday.

Yes, but if Jesus died at 3 PM on Friday (after 6 hours on the cross) and was resurrected before dawn on Sunday, that is still only about 40 hours. The 3PM death is significant since that is the hour the lambs were ritually slaughtered and the three days is equally important because in the Creation of the world, life was created on the third day. So you have to have both.
Page 7 of 8« First<45678>